Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is this fw?

mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I found out FW stands for Faction warfare but would like to know more about it and if its something I can do. I assume I need to join a fw corp to ever get started but how does it all work? Can one faction really band together of thousands of ships and start to take over a whole system of an enemy faction? Or does that even happen? All I seem to ever see are hundreds of smaller corps and they even war dec and fight each other for reasons I do not know.

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Anyonce can join an NPC faction warfare corp. You need something like +0.5 standing with the faction. It basically enters you in to a permament wardec with the opposing faction militia.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

i think its more than that isnt it?  Thought it was like 4+  could be wrong though.

Faction Warfare is the bomb! it adds the fun factor.. cheap, fun pvp.. I bought a second account just to play it :D

• tranceamtranceam Member Posts: 37
    Join a FW Corp if you want to try it. Solo Faction Warfare is not fun and pvp is near impossible.
  • Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

You join FW once you have .5 standing with that faction.

FW is a 2v2 faction war.  Caldari/Amarr v Gallente/Minmatar.

While in FW you can do FW only missions and take over low sec zones.

Think of it as self flagging for pvp. By joining FW you now can fight the other malitias in low sec.

I know theres more to it but honestly I havent had the experience in it yet.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP