Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth checking out again?

2»

Comments

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

Originally posted by Spiderpope

Originally posted by nate1980

You all will judge an ENTIRE community based on the forum community? The forum community is a small percentage of the actual community.

Correction it started off as just the forums, but the "Cryptic can do no wrong so STFU!" attitude has spread into the game. Now there are lifer only guilds springing up, anyone who dares say anything negative on the chat channel finds themselves silenced for 24 hours.

And yeah, we will judge a community based on the forums, because everyone considering the game will too. The forums are the most visible part of the community to those not currently playing the game, do you really think many people will want to play when most topics feature constant insults and trolling by Blues?

I don't know what most people will want, nor will I guess. I know I personally rarely visit the forums, and when I do, it's only to find out information I need, such as how new changes affect my ship or class. I don't visit the forums to talk about things I like or dislike, because everyone has an opinion, and someone will always disagree. Arguing about it doesn't get us anywhere. The only people who know the stuff you're faulting the community for on the STO forums is the people who go there to voice their displeasure. Otherwise, you would be just as oblivious to it all as I am. As for it spilling into the game, I don't really pay attention to chat, so I wouldn't know. I've been in a good fleet since the first week of release, and I'm always on Teamspeak 3. So I have no reason to watch the chat channels.

I couldn't tell you if I represent the majority of people who play STO or the minority, but neither can you. We can speculate what this all could mean if I do represent the majority or the minority, but where would that get us?

By the way, I've created a thread on the STO forums asking why anyone should resub for the month of April. The post was polite, typed well, and I didn't insult Cryptic or anyone else. So far, the thread is doing well, hasn't been deleted, and isn't being flamed or trolled. People are discussing things rationally and reasonably.

Here's a link so you can follow it. http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=2476679#post2476679

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

Originally posted by Jeyhu

Hey I bought the game at launch but left before the end of my free month because it seemed very unpolished.  How is this new patch and is it worth resubbing to check it out?

Take it from someone who's been RA 5 for the past two+ weeks - no, it's not worth resubbbing. There's still no high end content, no new PvE content for Klingons, and not enough Klingons to engage PvP in. It's a shame, too. THe potential's there, but like with Champions, it was pushed out the door too quickly, lacks major content, and this latest patch hasn't addressed that major shortcoming. I just canceled today, actually. Fed up. Cryptic is dead to me.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.