Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth playing as a secondary MMO?

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

I need something to do until FF14 comes out, but something I can play and come back to or stop completely without much issue once it does. I thought since I like PVP that guild wars might be a good option for that.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Yeah and try getting the complete edition since in every expansion there's different zones,classes and items so it will take you some decent time till you not rush to complete them all or just pvp with others hehe.

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

I only have prophecies.

Currently playing:

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Oh but still yeah you can pass some weeks/months with it.

I can't play online games atm I'd like to reinstall guildwars =/

• pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608

Yes. Guild Wars is one of does games that rewards you the more you invest into it.

A quick shallow look into it, might scare you away, but if you are willing to learn the complicated and deep mathmatical combat system, the classes, and the unlimited amount of strategies, then you are in for a 300+ single player campaign in your quest for unlocking everything.

The PvP is a whole nother level after that:)

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

The pvp in guildwars sadly is far better then most MMO's and you get to play it for free so i can see no reason why you wouldn't play it. I had fun with the game for 2 years so yeah great game.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

I have it all installed, but I cannot for the life of me remember my password. and I can't seem to reset it, as it doesn't send me an email with the new password, and I don't remember ever putting it on a master account.

Currently playing:

• Hellscream07Hellscream07 Member Posts: 123

Guild Wars is one of those games that stays there for you to go back whenever you bored. The lack of sub also helps xD

I've gone back and forth, playing missions and doing arenas when I was bored. And now that I'm waiting for some decent MMOs to come around (aka FFXIV, Earthrise, TERA, etc), I've decided to reinstall it and buy EotN (I know, I know, kinda late).

Even though the pop is probably not as big as before, there's always people to do PvE with, and the PvP is always fun.

Speaking of PvP, and going a bit offtopic, is it true that Hero Arenas are gone for good? I like the new system, but I liked the fact of managing my own team :/

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

I mostly play Darkfall online when I have time to play a game . .. but I still play about 20 minutes of guildwars random arena everyday . ... LOL

Darkfall fullfills my long term needs while Guildwars fullfills my immediate PVP ownage needs : D

I have over 1k glad now and get to 25 consec on an original necro build that I have not seen anyone else use so far . .. fun stuff!

The cool thing about GW is that there is no PTP sub every month, and you can start out with a PVP character so you really do not have to grind much. As you win (or lose) battles in Random Arena, you unlock more skills with Balthazar Points. It is an extremely fun game where you can come up with your own builds that no one else uses. If you do come up with something good, you can end up changing the PVP in the game for everyone . ..

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318

Definitely worth it, I think the format  was designed with this game type in mind :)