Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ahhh, a little help please...

GeneralCoochGeneralCooch Member Posts: 4

I need help finding 'my' game. Just flat out... I don't know how to color that up at all except by adding what I'm looking for and a little of my MMO past.

THE main game I have played is Lineage 2.  I've played it for roughly 5 years (2 of them on the retail servers and the other 3 on private, free servers.)  I am actually currently playing this on a new server made by russians that has strangely left me wanting more of something else.  I guess I've just burnt myself on the same grind; however, I never, and hope no one, ever played Lineage 2 for the PvE content.  I play this game for PvP,  solo, group, mass...all of it is in this game and it is epic stuff. At the higher levels, dying in pvp could mean you 4 hours of pve grind loss just like that.

I've played Warhammer Online. I really liked this game for a solid half year.  I played, rerolled, rerolled and kept having the time of my life in T1-3, then I'd get bored of the class and start anew.  It was so much fun in the oRvR when you were outnumbered but not outgunned. However, as I started pushing into T4, I just got plain bored of the go get this, go get that questing system that really had no meaning.  PvP became flat, classes became overpowered, oRvR happened less and less...etc etc.  I thought this was going to be the game for me but, it just wasn't.

Next is PlanetSide. I played that game before Warhammer and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEED IT. Absolutely and completely.  You could compete as a newbie, jump into pvp action at any time, massive battles for strategic buildings. However, some additions *cough* BFR *cough* made me lose my love quickly. I have been feeling a huge pang of nastalgia for this game for quite some time. However, when I look in on it, I see that it is losing community at a very fast rate, there are hackers out there, and there are STILL BFRs lol... LOVED this game though.

Eve. OMG Eve was amazing for me. 0.0 combat where losing your ship could mean total and complete devestation.  Economy was pvp for christ sake...I went around pew pewing for at least a year until I realized just how big of an advantage older vets had over me.  Playing time =/= skill levels, so people who played from 03 had millions and millions and millions of sp more than I ever would because it would still just keep on going up.  There is literally no possible way to catch up in this game which made me quit.  If there was some way I would be able to catch up I would be playing this game right now, fighting it out in 0.0 as a Pirate.  Wow did some of that 100 v 100 ship stuff get intense, but again...No way to catch up.

WoW. Bad...played it for 10 mins and uninstalled.

GuildWars was fun, pick up and play in the arena style is cool, HoH team style was pretty awesome. Felt lonely in the pve world though, and I really like a variety of PVP, not just team based. Mass pvp (like lineage 2/warhammer/planetside/eve) was missing. I eventually sold my account for like 500 bucks...So I most likely won't be playing that again hah.

Aion, the biggest disappointment of my mmorpg life...besides when BFRs came out in planetside.

If you read through that wall of text, you might see that I like pvp...not afraid of a little grindage as long as I got some friends to do it with.   Mass pvp is a must or else I don't get that "Wow, this is some epic gaming right here" feeling. 

tl;dr :I like MMOFPS, I like MMORPG's, I like pvp, I like mass pvp especially, I like risky pvp, I hate not being able to catch up ever (Eve), I've played Eve, Guildwars, Aion, Lienage 2, Planetside, Warhammer, want P2P because I hate item mall.

[Mod edit]

Comments

• lekizlekiz Member Posts: 171

I read it all.

Have you tried Darkfall?

• GeneralCoochGeneralCooch Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by lekiz

I read it all.

Have you tried Darkfall?

No I have not, but looking at some of the videos I find it visually unappealing. I just don't know if I could like that kind of game. In terms of FPS, I tend to lean towards Sci-Fi. Looking at the pvp videos available, I become bored haha. No mass pvp as far as I can see either.

• spinesplitspinesplit Member Posts: 115

been in your shoes....tried those games...... just restarted lineage 2 from scratch after having everything in the game except antharas and valakas. it might seem stupid to start lineage 2 over at this point. but my toonz are already at enjoyable levels where im having fun again. after being away from lineage 2 for a year after being banned ive tried many mmos even the free ones and nothing comes close in my opinion. YES its a grindy game that is very hard to play legit......but i believe because of that the end game rewards like OE s80+ weps and epics are justified in their power because of how hard the game is. you wont find that in other games..especially new ones.and you most certainly wont be grinding for 4 hours if u die  once and lose xp :)

i dislike when people say every new mmo is a wow clone...but in many ways they are right. l2 eats easy games for breakfast

Originally posted by spinesplit

been in your shoes....tried those games...... just restarted lineage 2 from scratch after having everything in the game except antharas and valakas. it might seem stupid to start lineage 2 over at this point. but my toonz are already at enjoyable levels where im having fun again. after being away from lineage 2 for a year after being banned ive tried many mmos even the free ones and nothing comes close in my opinion. YES its a grindy game that is very hard to play legit......but i believe because of that the end game rewards like OE s80+ weps and epics are justified in their power because of how hard the game is. you wont find that in other games..especially new ones.and you most certainly wont be grinding for 4 hours if u die  once and lose xp :)

i dislike when people say every new mmo is a wow clone...but in many ways they are right. l2 eats easy games for breakfast

Been playing RPG-club with a few friends (new 5x server out about 3 weeks ago now) and have hit 79 with sub 75, and the pvp is some intense stuff at times, at 5x, the xp loss still sucks in pvp and there are at least 5k people on during euro main times.  However, the staff is completely russian it seems and they don't communicate well. Soem people from my clan have been banned and had attempts to extort for unban without real explanation.  "You bot, $150 or gtfo."  Which is funny because there is an antibot system in place that stops walker, l2 net, you name it.  Just a very greedy administration that I fear will extort me in the long run (lol, I will pay 150 bucks if I have clan baium / zaken / anthy on when I get banned for no reason...all they have to do it wait for olympiad and ban me right there).

I find that bullshit so I've been trying to find a game that offers that kind of pvp thrill.  No mmo experience has beaten my 9 v 27 while in Uprising on retail. I doubt anything ever will at this point and it's starting to sadden me. Even the newer stuff in L2 is just plain bull. 

I'm slowly losing my interest in MMOs in general...WoW is a big homo-fest, L2 is just getting old, and every other mmo I've seen has at least 1 major issue that stops me from playing it. EvE - can't catch up; planetside - dying community + BFRs; WarHammer - no open RVR/crap dev decisions etc etc

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

op!try aika!450 mb download!good graphic !castle sige every saturday !dont search for me i found my game !dont let the 450 mb fool you its truelly addictive pvp when all hell break loose deceptivelly simple to understand but very hard to master!

• spinesplitspinesplit Member Posts: 115

Originally posted by GeneralCooch

Originally posted by spinesplit

Been playing RPG-club with a few friends (new 5x server out about 3 weeks ago now) and have hit 79 with sub 75, and the pvp is some intense stuff at times, at 5x, the xp loss still sucks in pvp and there are at least 5k people on during euro main times.  However, the staff is completely russian it seems and they don't communicate well. Soem people from my clan have been banned and had attempts to extort for unban without real explanation.  "You bot, $150 or gtfo."  Which is funny because there is an antibot system in place that stops walker, l2 net, you name it.  Just a very greedy administration that I fear will extort me in the long run (lol, I will pay 150 bucks if I have clan baium / zaken / anthy on when I get banned for no reason...all they have to do it wait for olympiad and ban me right there).

I find that bullshit so I've been trying to find a game that offers that kind of pvp thrill.  No mmo experience has beaten my 9 v 27 while in Uprising on retail. I doubt anything ever will at this point and it's starting to sadden me. Even the newer stuff in L2 is just plain bull. 

I'm slowly losing my interest in MMOs in general...WoW is a big homo-fest, L2 is just getting old, and every other mmo I've seen has at least 1 major issue that stops me from playing it. EvE - can't catch up; planetside - dying community + BFRs; WarHammer - no open RVR/crap dev decisions etc etc

Yeah i hear you. and playing on official isnt any better cause i dont need to tell you NC just as unfare as a corrupt private server team.i doubt you will find epic pvp like u had in Uprizing years ago if you even came back now.The only thing that will bring any pvp back to lineage 2 at this point on official is another server merge :/ my little bot train is only 58 but im having fun fighting the greedy chinese farmer who wants 2 rooms instead of 1 :)

I also rolled classes that are new to me and stuff ive always wanted since c1 so its fun and the age of the game isnt as apparent to me.

im also playing EVE its not impossible to catch up from what ive just read.it will take a long time but really all those skills will just allow a vet to fly more ships than you once you hit a certain point in your own progression.i dont even really understand what EVE is about, i just like that i can play it free if i farm plex with ISK. oooh and space ships!

i hope you find your perfect game ..if you ever do let me know i want to come too!

Originally posted by drbaltazar

op!try aika!450 mb download!good graphic !castle sige every saturday !dont search for me i found my game !dont let the 450 mb fool you its truelly addictive pvp when all hell break loose deceptivelly simple to understand but very hard to master!

It looks like it could be interesting, I'll have to give that a try even though there's an item mall. I hate item malls...

edit: Will do spinesplit, will do. 

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529

Originally posted by GeneralCooch

Originally posted by lekiz

I read it all.

Have you tried Darkfall?

No I have not, but looking at some of the videos I find it visually unappealing. I just don't know if I could like that kind of game. In terms of FPS, I tend to lean towards Sci-Fi. Looking at the pvp videos available, I become bored haha. No mass pvp as far as I can see either.

Most videos don't do it justice.  There is a $1 trial you should take a look anyway.  The world visuals are amazing.  The character models are average.

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261

I haven't played it, but Fallen Earth sounds like it might be worth a look for you.

Have you looked at Earthrise yet?  Not released yet, but is intriguing as well.

Good luck!