Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I tried the trial.. Game is deff not worth buying or paying monthly

scythe99scythe99 Member Posts: 326

From what I seen in the trial I'd have to say that GA is defentally not a game worth buying or subscribing to, The pve is very.. Stale and shallow, and pvp sounds unbalanced as hell (to easy to 2 shot everyone). Money is fairly pointless, The more expensive suits need some stats insted of just looks. Overall.. I'd rate the game a 5/10 mainly cuz the gameplay sucked, and no matter how nice a game looks if the gameplay sucks the game still sucks.

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
-Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.

Comments

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Read like 2 posts down... I just said the same thing about it not being worth a monthly sub...

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Good lord.

First, on the trial you can’t even do the part of the game that you would need a subscription for. So how do you even know?

Second, Low security is not somthing you should base your opinion of PvE on, its a cakewalk.

The complaints by the two abouve posters are COMPLATLY unfounded. But i guess that never stops anyone on MMORPG.com.

Here is a part of the game, you are missing.

Along with many many other things.....

Both of you started yesterday. Yet you say PvP is unblanced, and you do not understand thing one about the armor system, or the irony of saying that they should have "Stats".

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Good lord.

First, on the trial you can’t even do the part of the game that you would need a subscription for. So how do you even know?

Second, Low security is not somthing you should base your opinion of PvE on, its a cakewalk.

The complaints by the two abouve posters are COMPLATLY unfounded. But i guess that never stops anyone on MMORPG.com.

Both of you started yesterday. Yet you say PvP is unblanced, and you do not understand thing one about the armor system, or the irony of saying that they should have "Stats".

Lol, its ok man you shouldn't take them seriously. Anyone with internet connection is a critic on this website. Guy just started playing and in a day he knows PVP is unbalanced even though he is missing half of the game.

• Recon415Recon415 Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by scythe99

From what I seen in the trial I'd have to say that GA is defentally not a game worth buying or subscribing to, The pve is very.. Stale and shallow, and pvp sounds unbalanced as hell (to easy to 2 shot everyone). Money is fairly pointless, The more expensive suits need some stats insted of just looks. Overall.. I'd rate the game a 5/10 mainly cuz the gameplay sucked, and no matter how nice a game looks if the gameplay sucks the game still sucks.

First off, there are no one/two shots in this game. You can have 3 second kills (ie. Recon backstab), but no one shots. Hirez made that a priority for their game - no instakills. Secondly, you played the PvE, for chrissake the PvP is 90% of the game!

I have computers; they are fast.

• HTF are you two shotting people?

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by gestalt11

HTF are you two shotting people?

I'd like to know the answer to this also, soon I'll be WTF PWNING in GA :)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Originally posted by Agricola1

It takes fairly longer than that to kill someone, usually.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• SonikFlashSonikFlash Member UncommonPosts: 561

Good lord.

If that video show's what we're missing...it's not much

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Dreathor

I was being sarcastic :)

I think they've made some good decisions in things like not being able to fight and use the jetpack at the same time and the invunrability shield locks out all weapons fire. I can see these guys have some experience playing other games shooters and MMORPGs and have tried to get rid of all the crappy elements in gameplay.

Myself I'm enjoying playing this game and I'm looking forward to trying out the conquest mode when my char is a little more respectable and I've learnt to PvP.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by SonikFlash

Good lord.

Its also not all.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

i like games that have sniper rifles that do lethal headshots, but thats just me, i like to sit out in some blind spot with a sniper rifle waiting for a noob to enter my scope to get pwned, ooo-rah.

• Originally posted by Agricola1

Originally posted by Dreathor

I was being sarcastic :)

I think they've made some good decisions in things like not being able to fight and use the jetpack at the same time and the invunrability shield locks out all weapons fire. I can see these guys have some experience playing other games shooters and MMORPGs and have tried to get rid of all the crappy elements in gameplay.

Myself I'm enjoying playing this game and I'm looking forward to trying out the conquest mode when my char is a little more respectable and I've learnt to PvP.

There is a way to two shot people as a sniper, but it requires the stars to align just right.

You need:

a) a sniper rifle

b) all the skills point maxed in +buff effect

c) overlap all ranged damage buffs

d) actuall hit both times with your sniper rifle duration the 10-15 seconds per minute you can have this going

e)  be shooting at some one with very little defensive upgrades or defense skills

f) have decent offesnive upgrades

If all of those things are true you can two shot someone.  Of course if it goes the  other way it may take 5 or six sniper shot to kill someone and if they are an assaualt they can pop immunity and then you are screwed either way.

I did already know this when I asked the question I simply wanted to see if anyone had actually tested this out like I have actually did when someone on here claimed to have a two shot sniper build.  There is no such thing.  There is such a thing as a two shot against certain classes with no defense and making large sacrifices in other areas build, though.

• SonikFlashSonikFlash Member UncommonPosts: 561

Originally posted by SonikFlash

Good lord.

Its also not all.

Well as I generally agree with you on most topics on these forums blood, i gave it a try, am enjoying it so far tbh

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

They should have found a way to give trial accounts a "taste" of the subscription based content. The trial people are doing what trial people do. They are trying a game out and giving their opinion on it.

The deal is the parts of the game trial users get to play is stuff they have already done before. The gameplay that is open to them is years old Team Fortress and Tribes style maps.

All of the features that make this game standout from the rest of the pack are locked. They should have done a traditional trial that lasts for X days and had more of the content available for people to try.