Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RvR I suppose?

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I think the answer is yes, but still I have to ask.

I haven't found any info about what kind of PvP system TOR is using. Looking at the lore, my guess is RvR, but I would like a confirmation of it.

Comments

• FactFact Member UncommonPosts: 82

Nope, it's not a Mythic game. ;)

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

They haven't said.  I would not be surprised if there are some contested areas.

Given the vastness of space, I'd expect some end-game PVP space battles where you board enemy ships and try to take them over or defend your ships from the enemy.  That's pure guesswork though.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Drachasor

Given the vastness of space, I'd expect some end-game PVP space battles where you board enemy ships and try to take them over or defend your ships from the enemy.  That's pure guesswork though.

No official word yet..? That's amazing!

Reason I ask is that I really dislike RvR systems. Looking at the movies (I mean the original 3), you can use both RvR and regular open world. Okay, the Empire will be one force to account for, while the Rebellion Alliance is an other, but there are enough "neutral" forces around to make TOR no RvR system.

Guess I'll have to wait then before I decide to play it...

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Originally posted by Reizla

Not really.  It's OVER a year before it comes out.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by Fact

Nope, but they are "helping"

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/mythic_lending_bioware_hand_star_wars_old_republic

• impulsebooksimpulsebooks Member Posts: 561

I really hope there is rvr tbh. Don't get me wrong, I like scenario type instanced pvp too, but I much prefer the idea that the fight I'm engaged in has a bigger meaning--yes I know its a game, but it just feels nicer when things like victories and defeats effect the gameworld.

Maybe there will be planets in rebellion. That would be cool. One faction is doing the rebelling, the other faction is doing the putting down thing. With zones that are planets, it would be easy to segregate the rvr/pvp from the PVE areas too. No real greifing would happen, no one getting upset, because anyone who lands on those rebellious planets knows there is pvp everywhere there.

What do you think?

Mark E. Cooper
    AKA Tohrment
    Proud member of Damned Souls since 2007.
    http://www.damnedsouls.eu

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Originally posted by Reizla

Reason I ask is that I really dislike RvR systems. Looking at the movies (I mean the original 3), you can use both RvR and regular open world. Okay, the Empire will be one force to account for, while the Rebellion Alliance is an other, but there are enough "neutral" forces around to make TOR no RvR system.

Guess I'll have to wait then before I decide to play it...

The nuetrals dont' fight, so it's rebel vs alliance. Some RvR would be great, since WAR was such a disappointment. All the fighting in instances, means the RvR is worthless in WAR.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Maybe Bioware would pull off a well implemented RvR.  There is somuch speculation and questions on so many things, that we might as well place this one in the ol' noodle as well.

• DerrialDerrial Member Posts: 250

They haven't come out and said it but I think there's enough evidence that it will be RvR:
    1. The lore strongly supports RvR
    2. There's a one-to-one balance between class types for both sides (i.e. Jedi Knight == Sith Warrior)
    3. The official site states that there are two "Allegiances" -- The Galactic Republic and The Sith Empire.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

If done right RvR would work great for this game.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• omomeomome Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by Fact

Mythic is basicly a division of BioWare now.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

More than likely, yes. Since BioWare practially owns Mythic (and is planning to revitalize WAR a bit to get their feet wet), RvR is a sensible PvP option. Plus, of course, all the lore supporting it.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Comnitus

More than likely, yes. Since BioWare practially owns Mythic (and is planning to revitalize WAR a bit to get their feet wet), RvR is a sensible PvP option. Plus, of course, all the lore supporting it.

How many actual factions will be in the game?

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

I know you were just throwing out a guess, but I really kinda like that idea.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"