Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about starting.....

snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Well I played a over a year ago when the Fae trial was out and im not sure what happened, but I think a friend bugged me to go back to wow. Anyhow I been off and on with Wow and LOTRO. I can only take wow for so long until the little kids and the moms annoy the heck out of me to a point I cant take it anymore. Sure its a great game and theres a lot to do, but the crafting is useless, the community is so poor that it makes the game even worse and of course if your not raiding then well your a nothing. As for lotro I love it, but then again to me it seems like when you quest every area seems the same with the same mobs. Sure there's snow covered areas, but the mobs are pretty much the same. I also found the community amazing, but sometimes I noticed that if you werent level capped then they treated you like you were some mmo noob. Also theres tons and tons of moms and grandmas (ok maybe that was my one kin). Also lack of  "magic spells" kinda got to me (but thats not a biggie)

So now onto some questions.

I have heard that EQ2 is somewhat like WOW where it is one big race to level cap and then you just sit around. I also heard that before you needed to raid to get the best weapon and I heard that every class get s a specific end game weapon and EVERYONE gets it so everyone looks the same at level cap. Not to sure if this is true or not.

Second question. I love playing healers, so will I been gimped leveling as a healer since I have heard that no one runs instances under level cap?

Ok third question. If I have issues with all the kids in WOW am I going to have issues in EQ2 with dealing with kids? (Not saying that kids are bad, but I can only take so much imaturity, unrespectfulness, and plain out rudeness)

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

AIKA! is better!

dont get me wrong i like this game but its mostly empty(or very top end heavy!

• KaelaienKaelaien Member UncommonPosts: 107

I just came back about 2 months ago and love the game.  It has come a long way since launch and seems to be getting better as it goes on.  One thing I can say is that the player base in EQ2 is much more mature then wow.  Most of the people that play are adults.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Between top-heaviness due to age and the guildhalls, it can look pretty empty. There isn't quite so much "race to the top" attitude now. There is a TON of lore and quests to explore, and you need plenty of AA points to build your template. So many people now take it slower, setting the slider to comvert some or all of their XP into AA. If you out-level some content, you can now self-mentor to lower levels at the Chronomancers.