Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people care about the release date? What the beta is now is EXACTLY what release will be.

DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179

Are some people really that dense in the head that they think the game will magically become better when they say the game is released?  Seems like more and more people are concerned about the release of the game like releasing it will make it magically better overnight.  The current state of the game is WHAT T HE GAME IS.  They dont have some other copy of the game that will be there on release day. 

The only difference between BETA and RELEASE for this game is that you will finally and unarguably be PAYING FOR BETA.  Majority of people still argue that "Its still beta"  well then six days from now it is as well and then you are PAYING for beta.

So do people actually think releasing the game will make it any more playable?  Yes releasing it will get them more money, but majority of people wont want to pay to play what they are offering now.

Comments

• gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

it used to be common practice to hide a vast majority of CONTENT from beta users before release.  Other than that I don't know where this notion ever came from.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

lol, i guess that used to be back when games had content  

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

MO will be better...They'll "unlock" the Hi-res graphics, turn off "debug" mode and use the "real" server!  *cough*

I guarantee one if not all of those can be readily found on MO forums.

:p

I win!!! LOL@U

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452

I have to disagree really.

I dont have to even play the game to know that release will be different.

Release is basically a major content/bug patch. Now, by major I am not saying it will be a miracle or anything but you will see much more content(easy to hide and keep for release), and some bug fixes for the major and more costly issues.

But for the most part I say you are right.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by NightCloak

Release is basically a major content/bug patch. Now, by major I am not saying it will be a miracle or anything but you will see much more content(easy to hide and keep for release), and some bug fixes for the major and more costly issues.

Actually, release shouldn't be anything different than open beta minus a few tweaks for performance.

Open beta means that all bugs are FIXED. It's just performance issues and metrics to be taken.

That said... Tindrem isn't in the game yet either, but still the fanboys are convinced it's gonna get dropped in and work 100% on release day.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

You may of course disagree, but you are totally incorrect in your assertion that there will be a major content patch at release.  A simple cursory review of their forums would inform you about that...

They already had their last major content patch... it added a few addional mob camps.   That's all we are getting.. no major adds at release...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

You may of course disagree, but you are totally incorrect in your assertion that there will be a major content patch at release.  A simple cursory review of their forums would inform you about that...

They already had their last major content patch... it added a few addional mob camps.   That's all we are getting.. no major adds at release...

I think that was just a broad generalization, seems clear he hasn't been following MO.

I win!!! LOL@U

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Thats... Thats just sad.

I'm glad I listened to the forum hype and stayed away from the game.

It boggles my mind that a company would assert themselves as being releaseable and charge people for a product that is so riddled with issues and has so much negative feedback. I mean, I hear of people taking days to get the patcher working correctly and other issues that have multiple workarounds that dont always work. Its just... Sad.

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

That said... Tindrem isn't in the game yet either, but still the fanboys are convinced it's gonna get dropped in and work 100% on release day.

It should be well documented by now that fanboys are not from this planet. Or even this plane of existence.

But yes, it's pretty obvious to anyone that has beta tested before that the game isn't going to suddenly transform once it is released, especially when the developer is still adding key content a WEEK before release. Good grief.

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Doll.Adam, glad your speaking out like I have been for the last few months.  Some of the fans are blinded by the hope, that's the only thing I can think of to explain it...

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

lol, i guess that used to be back when games had content  

as long as they keep addign content at a decent pace after launch whoc ares ir ather get what they have now working at least 95%

Wrong op there will be another patch before release so right there makes what you said wrong.

yoru right about feature wise /content wise but the rest no

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

Doll.Adam, glad your speaking out like I have been for the last few months.  Some of the fans are blinded by the hope, that's the only thing I can think of to explain it...

not really we already have the game and i already know they will get it working better as they keep working on it. only thing i hoping on is can the survive on 1k to 5k subs for a while. they dont have loans to pay off so i think they should be ok. that is my only worry with mo

• DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179

Originally posted by downtoearth

Wrong op there will be another patch before release so right there makes what you said wrong.

yoru right about feature wise /content wise but the rest no

No im not wrong at all actually and here is why:

The last TWO patches were supposed to fix LAG and DESYNC issues--of which neither was fixed.  These community dubbed "Miracle Patches" have been nothing short of utter disappointments.  If anything there are more new problems that far outweighed the ones that were being fixed. 

Having been following Mortal Online Since Late 2008; and having been following and testing beta since Day 1 I can tell you that every patch that came with the exception of player housing was an absolute let down.  Star Vault really are just piecing this thing along as they go--that is pretty evident.  No, I do not mean that they are slowly putting things in place like every other MMO does.  I mean they clearly are flying blind--they release patches that have simple idiotic mistakes in them that should never make it to the public.  The fact that they are indipendant doesn't hold water.  Indie or not the stupid mistakes are unacceptable and frankly its rather insulting when people say:  "Its ok, they are indie these things are gonna happen." 

The current state of the game with an exception to maybe some small little things they always "Fix" in the game--is EXACTLY what you will be PAYING for upon release.  In its current state there are few people that are willing to PAY for this.  And really why would they?  If I want to play a game with full loot and im desynced from the server meaning I can't really kill anyone I might as well so pop in my old copy of Oblivion.  There is nothing in this game at this juncture that would make me overlook the poor state of it and be willing to pay $15 a month.

Originally posted by seraphdd

This thread is full of fail and the op is far off. You totally misunderstand why people are asking about release date. Atleast for most players they ask about and post about the release date because they DONT want it released yet. A release right now will hurt the game for obvios reasons, But you are still an idiot for rambling about the game will be the same blah blah. NO shit the game will be the same if it were released right now. We ask about release because we dont want it to soon to hurt the game. Think before you start stupid threads. No one with any sense is saying please release this game right now.

Actually many people want it released and are saying it quite openly.  This thread isn't "Fail" at all, at least not until you started the typical moronic flaming that your posts tend to be.  What im saying is that what difference does it make when it releases, the only think different is that you will be PAYING to play it.  There actually are people, despite how much you dont admit it, that want this game to release so they can play it and they think its going to be a better game on release day.  Not every person is asking for the reason you believe.

When you say "We" who is that?  The only one with you hardened stance at this point appears to be yourself.   You see there are polls everywhere on Mortal Onlines Official Forums of people saying they wont even subscribe to the game because of what it is now. http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/36938-poll-will-you-buy-subscribe-mo-its-current-state.html If Star Vault can't act on that, they are screwed.  HEre is proof that there are many people that want the game released in March for whatever reason.http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/39243-will-sv-actually-release-march.html  .  Saying that all of them have no sense at all seems pretty foolish. 

[Mod Edit]

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Originally posted by dollada06

This thread is full of fail and the op is far off. You totally misunderstand why people are asking about release date. Atleast for most players they ask about and post about the release date because they DONT want it released yet. A release right now will hurt the game for obvios reasons, But you are still an idiot for rambling about the game will be the same blah blah. NO shit the game will be the same if it were released right now. We ask about release because we dont want it to soon to hurt the game. Think before you start stupid threads. No one with any sense is saying please release this game right now.

Actually many people want it released and are saying it quite openly.  This thread isn't "Fail" at all, at least not until you started the typical moronic flaming that your posts tend to be.  What im saying is that what difference does it make when it releases, the only think different is that you will be PAYING to play it.  There actually are people, despite how much you dont admit it, that want this game to release so they can play it and they think its going to be a better game on release day.  Not every person is asking for the reason you believe.

When you say "We" who is that?  The only one with you hardened stance at this point appears to be yourself.   You see there are polls everywhere on Mortal Onlines Official Forums of people saying they wont even subscribe to the game because of what it is now. http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/36938-poll-will-you-buy-subscribe-mo-its-current-state.html If Star Vault can't act on that, they are screwed.  HEre is proof that there are many people that want the game released in March for whatever reason.http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/39243-will-sv-actually-release-march.html  .  Saying that all of them have no sense at all seems pretty foolish. 

So next time before you come and try to insult me and tell me I dont know what the hell im talking about maybe you should take a less agressive approach--it leaves you an out so you dont look like a fool.

You missed a poll image

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/268746

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Money wise they should release it. There would be a lot more people doing blind purchases thinking the game is in a release state than those who are watching how the beta goes.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

I dont understand why you posted polls. To me they prove how garbage this thread is. They show that no one wants a release right now further proving my point. The polls basically says "no I wont pay for it now". That means people don't want a release. All I'm saying is the thread is stupid I read the title and said "no shit". In other words no one is saying a release is gonna make the game better there for this thread is fail and worthless.

Except people ARE thinking Release will be better genious.  Go to the Mortal Forums man.  Tons of people speak about release like its going to be much better than BETA.  Use one shred of your common sense.  I never said EVERYONE or Majority of people I said SOME. 

The Polls prove that there are people with different views on the subject you so overopinionatedly decided was "Fail".

Do you notice how everyone that posted stayed for the most part on topic even though they were in disagreement they went about it in an intelligent way?  Take notes..........

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Yes we are all so glad that you took the time to crusade against a game for so long and really helped people too see the truth we are all in your det, I dont know what i would be this day if i haven't listen to you.

*sarcasm off*

Seriosly why this crusading why not just move to another game?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Originally posted by Torgrim

Yes we are all so glad that you took the time to crusade against a game for so long and really helped people too see the truth we are all in your det, I dont know what i would be this day if i haven't listen to you.

*sarcasm off*

Im not crusading at all, I never was.  All im doing is asking why people think release will be any better.  Actually I still play the beta.  I still find moderate enjoyment in the game just there are certain things that will deture many people from trying it out and its a shame that they dont change that.  The whole "Hardcore" persona is a little pathetic actually.  I would preferre an active game that has a few "W.O.W." elements than a "hardcore" game with a small playerbase of fanboys and RMT players.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Originally posted by dollada06

*sarcasm off*

Im not crusading at all, I never was.  All im doing is asking why people think release will be any better.  Actually I still play the beta.  I still find moderate enjoyment in the game just there are certain things that will deture many people from trying it out and its a shame that they dont change that.  The whole "Hardcore" persona is a little pathetic actually.  I would preferre an active game that has a few "W.O.W." elements than a "hardcore" game with a small playerbase of fanboys and RMT players.

This was not directed to you but at the one i quoted ;)

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

*sarcasm off*

The "crusade" has been succesful, therefore time well spent!!!  Btw...Didn't you learn anything from Dark and Light?

Perhaps you need to start listening???

I win!!! LOL@U

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

You never know maybe they will add...

Descriptions for races, skill books, item stats, and fix desync, lag, mob pathing, AI, being able to ride your horse over a bridge, rivers, swimming in general. The night is awesomely realistic so much so that you might as well just turn off your monitor. Skills disappear from your skill chart. A thief can steal from you and 1 second later deposit the item at the same storage/bank or delete it.

In fact I think a lot of the stuff that can be counted as Mortal Onlines hardcore stance is actually stuff so simple I don't think they could do it anyway. Like sending private tells, a friends list, grouping, bounties...

I'm all for ripping off old school UO and making it 3d but your going to need to do more than have a shell of a game.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/