Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red Versus Blue

VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

I have always wondered what Red Vs Blue meant in EVE and thought it was a generic term for Factional Warfare.

But thanks to BlueFix who linked this FAQ about it i now know what it is all about it. The link is here.

So for those that don't know what it is all about here is the FAQ posted by Plave Okice found in the above link.

So what exactly is RvB?

Two corps permanently at war in empire, free for anyone to join either side and fight. Noob alts welcome although you'll have more fun with your main.

Can my corp join?

No, one of the lessons learned from last time is that making alliances was a mistake, it made balancing the sides extremely difficult and we lost a lot of team spirit on each side.

What rules are there?

There are no combat rules, while we'd encourage people to fly frig and cruiser hulls anything is allowed. The only definate rule is that while purple is active RvB fighting ceases.

What the hell is purple?

Red and Blue combined of course, we expect to be war decced by other entities in Eve, we fight them together as purple. Also we can for variation go fight other people in 0.0 or low sec as purple for fun, it's just about fighting.

So is this arena or tournament PvP?

No, it's normal PvP in Eve, just with a ready, willing and close supply of enemies wanting to fight without the politics and bull.

Is podding allowed?

Yes, while personally I think it's slightly against the spirit of what we're doing to pod people there are no rules against it, if you can scram it, kill it if you wish.

Where will it be based?

Verge Vendor (Gallente Space). Blue are based at Alentene 6-16 and Red at Tourier III

When will it begin?

It's already begun!

When can I join?

Now!

What is the criteria for joining?

All you need is the ability to apply, anyone is welcome although if one side is overloaded with pilots we may tell you to join the other side.

Does it cost anything to join?

No

You're trying to turn Eve into WoW, this sucks, you suck, rage, rage, blah, blah.

Gdiaf

What are you doing this time to correct the mistakes of last time?

Sticking to one location, not creating alliances that caused more problems than it solved, putting together a proper leadership team rather than trying to do it all alone, never using Talans safespots.

Isn't this like faction warfare?

Well kind of yes, we created RvB before faction warfare existed last time, but it is a simpler format, just permanent empire war against a close, ready and willing enemy.

Will fighting be restricted to one area?

No, while there will be an obvious area where the action will be fights can happen anywhere.

So what actually happened last time?

Loads of pew pew, we had over 2500 kills in our first 8 weeks and not just cheap crap either, loads of T2 ships and BS died, lots of faction fit stuff flying about and dying and I remember a 10 billion ISK officer fit Rattler dying.

So why did it stop?

FW was coming, I took on another project in Eve and RvB fizzled out, this time I hope to have a good leadership team in place to keep the momentum up, I want RvB to be a project anyone can join/leave at any time for some pew pew and anyone includes me.

Who are you and why are you doing this?

I like to blow stuff up, I've been in some fine PvP outfits over the last 5 years, albeit some briefly, TRI, MC and AAA were all top outfits who were great to fly with but the most fun for me was Privateers, undock, shoot, die, nothing serious, just fun. It was great fun last time and I hope it will be the same again, no it won't be as fun as Pew Pew Palooza was of course but still it was a blast. So in summary, fun.

Isn't this fake PvP?

Well, the conflict has been created but the PvP and everything that goes on is pretty much normal real, the fights are real, the losses are real, the emoragequits are real.

Comments

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

i hope new players join RvB wars because of the ship type restrictins :D

BestSigEver :P

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by cosy

It clearly states that there are no ship restrictions =P

• CrimsonFalkonCrimsonFalkon Member UncommonPosts: 46

Thanks for the post! I was totally unaware of this and it sounds like loads of fun!

• KravisKravis Member UncommonPosts: 186

I have not tried RVB yet, getting ready to start in a couple of weeks but what I hear it is a great way for brand new players to get started in PVP. FW, EVE University and Agony Unleashed PVP courses are also superb but RVB is basically grab your gun and go shoot stuff.

• tranceamtranceam Member Posts: 37
    not fun at all. I would join a 0.0 or mercenary corp instead.
  • Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

I took about a two month break from Eve . On my return I decided to toally start over (not my character) I left my alliance and decided to go full carebear. Mission,exporation,indy style.

While doing this I read about rvb.its basically two corps at war with eachother. there arent really any restriction you can join and leave either side whenever you want.  So now i join up on whatever side has less kills that week and pvp for some weekend fun.

Its a great experience. I even decided to cross train minmatar just for some rvb fun.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

Originally posted by tranceam

I will agree that 0.0 or merc corps are more in the spirit of eve pvp. as a casual I would never be able to hang with those guy. they require a solid play schedule for 0.0 defense and no Merc corp is going to take a pilot thats unreliable when it comes to full filling obligations.

Rvb and FW are designed for the Casual 5-10 hour a week player.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by tranceam

If you are a newer player to EVE you'd probably find it difficult to get in to either of these, while RvB will take anyone, anytime, and is a great way to get a taste of PVP when starting out. (and no nasty faction hits from FW's)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Seems that a lot of pople do find it fun. There is virtually no such thing as a "0.0 mercenary corp". AFAIK there is NOIR and that's it. 

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Originally posted by sadeyx

and ? you believe each thing you read ??? there was plenty of fleets for t1 and cruiser and frigates only 

BestSigEver :P

Originally posted by sadeyx

and ? you believe each thing you read ??? there was plenty of fleets for t1 and cruiser and frigates only 

Thats because a whole mess of the rvb pilots are newish players. I wouldnt expect a 3-4 month old pilot to be using a damn BS or HAC in rvb pvp.

Its not a resriction its what those guys use to afford the loses, which is playing smart imo.