Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update: Henrik to update us on Monday (March 29th) about the release... 2 days before announced lau

rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Update:  Henrik said they will post an update on Monday about the release...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone heard of anything new about the launch? They told everyone they were releasing at the end of this month (March 2010) but as usual, they will not post any actual update threads.

What is going on with this game?

PS - I heard the desync is still a major problem also.

Update... Maerlyn (community manager) has a "broken back" so there will be no updates for a few days...  image

(Why can't the developers update us themselves?)

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

I can't see them launching the game in this state in my opinion they have to push it back atleast until the desync and lag problems with mobs are sorted out. I hope it gets pushed back, but yeah some kind of message from SV like "Hello we're all still alive" would be much appreciated!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Originally posted by Agricola1

I can't see them launching the game in this state in my opinion they have to push it back atleast until the desync and lag problems with mobs are sorted out. I hope it gets pushed back, but yeah some kind of message from SV like "Hello we're all still alive" would be much appreciated!

They said the end of Q1 in their press release a few months ago, then they made the March launch official 2 weeks ago.  Wonder what the investors think of all the problems and no official updates from Starvault.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

what do you mean?

game is ready, ti's done, it's ready to launch.

what else could you possible want?

• jokergulfjokergulf Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

what do you mean?

Dogs and cats living together?

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

At this point I think their investors are probably getting a bit peeved.

I mean, this is what, the 5th or 6th actual delay in the game? The first release date was Summer of 2009, if you recall.

That said... I think that SV is in a losing situation now. They don't have the expertise or experience to fix the desync issues. They don't have the ability to hire more people because by their own words, they are about out of cash. Basically, they are going to have to ship (at some point) a completely broken game.

The irony of it all is, that even if *every* bug was out of the game, it still wasn't any good, and Darkfall still bests it in every aspect, even if you compare launch vs launch.

[Mod Edit]

• RoninSzakyRoninSzaky Member UncommonPosts: 63

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

Has anyone heard of anything new about the launch? They told everyone they were releasing at the end of this month (March 2010) but as usual, they will not post any actual update threads.

IMO they are just gonna push it back a month or so. There is no way that they are going to release the game without  announcing it at least a week before.

If they do so...

"Ad astra per aspera."

• dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

Guys... clue in.  This game isnt even vaporware.  Its not a scam either.  Its plain and simple negligence in action.  Developers and players both got too greedy for their own good with these titles, and BOTH will pay the price here.

Developers wanted money, and put economics before ability, while keeping hype high.  Sacrificing quality in the ways they have has spelled out doom for this game, and likely the parent company as well.  StarVault probably will shut down before the year is over.

Players wanted the edge.  They desperately wanted to be part of the elite in the know beta crowd that always has dominated PvP servers since MMOs began.   They paid to be part of it, only to find that this wasnt an early play session.  This was an actual broken game that needed fixing.  They werent up to the task.

[Mod Edit]

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Umm... they announced a StressTest with something like 8 hours notice.   Posting on Friday that they launch on Monday would be exactly in character for them...

Heck.. I wouldn't put it past them to just announce on April 1st that they had a successful launch last night and congratulations to all..

PS: please change editor.. quoting is horrid in this version...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Umm... they announced a StressTest with something like 8 hours notice.   Posting on Friday that they launch on Monday would be exactly in character for them...

Heck.. I wouldn't put it past them to just announce on April 1st that they had a successful launch last night and congratulations to all..

I wouldn't either, will be interesting.  "We launched last night successfully" while no one even knows about it image

O did you know, the fans on their IRC are now saying that the devs are moving MO to another server, which will fix the lag/desync?  They actually believe that moving to another server, when the game is still using broken code, will fix the problems....... imageimageimageimage

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

I wouldn't either, will be interesting.  "We launched last night successfully" while no one even knows about it image

O did you know, the fans on their IRC are now saying that the devs are moving MO to another server, which will fix the lag/desync?  They actually believe that moving to another server, when the game is still using broken code, will fix the problems....... imageimageimageimage

The current server isn't the live server.  They said awhile ago that the beta server will become a test server.

Whether this is true or not remains to be seen, the game hasn't launched yet. 

They did however say that they wouldn't be communicating like they have been because people have been taking the things they say over IRC and construing them to mean things they didn't mean.  Kind of reminds me of a thread I saw here.

So... because Henrick had his IRC quotes posted on here.. the company has decided not to communicate it's actual release date even though we are one week from the end of their stated time?  Hmmm.. that doesn't seem to make any sense to me... but that reason is as plausible as any other one for not actually communicating with their customers.

PS: Welcome to MMORPG.COM!  Always good to see new people here!

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Lets see what happens aye.. If it really pleases you so much to flame the game then carry on if you must.

And maybe the people who no they wont be happy with the game stay away, and leave the supporting fans to try help SV get the game going.

?Originally posted by Slapshot1188

?

So... because Henrick had his IRC quotes posted on here.. the company has decided not to communicate it's actual release date even though we are one week from the end of their stated time?  Hmmm.. that doesn't seem to make any sense to me... but that reason is as plausible as any other one for not actually communicating with their customers.

No, but your post is great example of what I was saying.  Your responce has nothing to do with what I actually wrote.  I simply pointed out as an aside that they've decided not to mantain the same level of communication through IRC that they had been, because people have been taking those conversations and using them to make it seem like something else was said.  Like you took what I wrote and turned it into the reason why they haven't announced anything recently about launch, which had nothing to do with one another.  

They've already announced that it will release in March, maybe they don't have a specific date in mind as they've stated they wouldn't release until they fix the desync.

PS: Can't seem to get things to work right when I post.  Enter suddenly stops working, can't stop hilighting the quote, things aren't showing around the post box unless I move my cursor over them, and the editor looks awful.  Having a really hard time posting. 

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by dar_es_balat

Guys... clue in.  This game isnt even vaporware.  Its not a scam either.  Its plain and simple negligence in action.  Developers and players both got too greedy for their own good with these titles, and BOTH will pay the price here.

Developers wanted money, and put economics before ability, while keeping hype high.  Sacrificing quality in the ways they have has spelled out doom for this game, and likely the parent company as well.  StarVault probably will shut down before the year is over.

Players wanted the edge.  They desperately wanted to be part of the elite in the know beta crowd that always has dominated PvP servers since MMOs began.   They paid to be part of it, only to find that this wasnt an early play session.  This was an actual broken game that needed fixing.  They werent up to the task.

[Mod Edit]

well sed bro.

Originally posted by Uhwop

?

No, but your post is great example of what I was saying.  Your responce has nothing to do with what I actually wrote.  I simply pointed out as an aside that they've decided not to mantain the same level of communication through IRC that they had been, because people have been taking those conversations and using them to make it seem like something else was said.  Like you took what I wrote and turned it into the reason why they haven't announced anything recently about launch, which had nothing to do with one another.   They've already announced that it will release in March, maybe they don't have a specific date in mind as they've stated they wouldn't release until they fix the desync.

Umm.. this topic was about the release date.  You responded to this thread by saying "They did however say thatthey wouldn't be communicating like they have been because people have been taking the things they say over IRC and construing them to mean things they didnt mean. kind of reminds me of a thread I saw on here."          If that has nothing to do with them communicating about the release (which is the topic of the thread) why did you state it?  Then you accuse me of taking your post out of context?  If you would like to have a discussion about something other than them communicating the release date please feel free to make a new thread instead of blaming someone when your response apparently doesn't relate to the thread it's posted in...

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Originally posted by jokergulf

Many dogs and cats are living together. My kittys love my friends dog :D

So what else do you want?

Currently Playing Path of Exile

?

?

No, but your post is great example of what I was saying.  Your responce has nothing to do with what I actually wrote.  I simply pointed out as an aside that they've decided not to mantain the same level of communication through IRC that they had been, because people have been taking those conversations and using them to make it seem like something else was said.  Like you took what I wrote and turned it into the reason why they haven't announced anything recently about launch, which had nothing to do with one another.   They've already announced that it will release in March, maybe they don't have a specific date in mind as they've stated they wouldn't release until they fix the desync.

Umm.. this topic was about the release date.  You responded to this thread by saying "They did however say thatthey wouldn't be communicating like they have been because people have been taking the things they say over IRC and construing them to mean things they didnt mean. kind of reminds me of a thread I saw on here."          If that has nothing to do with them communicating about the release (which is the topic of the thread) why did you state it?  Then you accuse me of taking your post out of context?  If you would like to have a discussion about something other than them communicating the release date please feel free to make a new thread instead of blaming someone when your response apparently doesn't relate to the thread it's posted in...

No sir.    Reread the paragraph I wrote about the IRC issue.  No place in it do I say that that is the reason for no communication about release.  Just that they wouldn't be communicating like they have.  Release was already announced for March.  They'll give a specific date when desync is fixed.

No sir.    Reread the paragraph I wrote about the IRC issue.  No place in it do I say that that is the reason for no communication about release.  Just that they wouldn't be communicating like they have.  Release was already announced for March.  They'll give a specific date when desync is fixed.

I did read your paragraph.  The entirety of what i responded to was quoted in my message above. As I said, please read the topic you posted in.  If you would like to have a non-release related discussion about IRC feel free to do so by making a new thread as opposed to going off-topic in this thread and then claiming that I am taking your statement out of context by actually assuming it was related to the topic at hand...

Does no one knows any new info?

No info from SV... I've been watching this thread on the main forums but it hasn't gotten official attention yet:

www.mortalonline.com/forums/39167-release-heads-up.html

No info from SV... I've been watching this thread on the main forums but it hasn't gotten official attention yet:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/39167-release-heads-up.html

Might want to update your link, it goes to

http://http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/39167-release-heads-up.html

I hate this new editor...

I hate this new editor...

Give me updates! image

• rebelhero1rebelhero1 Member Posts: 229

Originally posted by jokergulf

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

what do you mean?

My poodle and cat get along great.

What does that say about whiney gamers? :D

Playing: *sigh* back to WoW :(
    --------
    Waiting for: SW:TOR, APB, WoD
    ---------
    Played and loved: Eve and WoW
    --------
    Played and hated: WoW:WotLK, Warhammer, every single F2P

• My guess is since they have already shipped the ordered product to people that it will be "Beta" one evening and "Released" the next day with the billing cycle starting right up for those people with accounts. I don't think they will make a big deal of it because there is no reason to make a big deal about paying for beta for a game that needs another year of hard work put into before opening up the doors for a beta. They are at the point where their ambitions out weigh their skill/ability, and they need to get money to hire real designers to come in and correct what has been put in place. 

In the end why does it matter when it is released. At least at this point you are still playing for free right?