Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing a game without the disk?(NOT ABOUT PIRATING)

tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

So I own a lot of games on steam, but I also own a bunch of games on disk. I'd like to know if I can somehow make it so I do not need the disk in to play the game??

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

Comments

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

Originally posted by tehikk

So I own a lot of games on steam, but I also own a bunch of games on disk. I'd like to know if I can somehow make it so I do not need the disk in to play the game??

google gameburnworld

• dirtyjoe78dirtyjoe78 Member Posts: 400

Daemon tools will allow you to create a virtual drive and some ISO's of your game disks then all you have to do is mount the game image of the game you want to play in the virtual drive and go to town.  Startup on burned images is a little slower than having a disk but the conveniance of not having to swap disks is really nice.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Google will be your friend on this. Find a crack for the game and look for a read me txt, mostly you just replace the file in the game directory loaded on your computer with the crack. You can also slip the whole thing into another cd, if I'm not mistaken, (never tried it with a game TBH) but this is a little more complex.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

All you need is an iso (game image) and a virtual drive (alchohol 120%, daemon tool) and you're good to go. I've had to do it a few times lately to play a few older games I couldn't find the disc for. Moved recently, lol.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson