Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very decent game!

RomanjisanRomanjisan Member Posts: 53

I've downloaded and played this game for about two weeks now.  It has actually pulled me away from another mmorpg game so that I'm spending most of my current gaming time here.  I'll list the pros and cons as I currently see them while playing a druid/mage elf at level 21/14.

Pros

1) Great graphics for a free mmorpg.

2) Deep immersive gameplay.

3) Lots and lots of quests for the quest-hounds.

4) Variety of different gear.

5) Very smooth gameplay overall.

6) Good character selection process.

7) Very interesting crafting.

8) Capable of using addons to enhance game experience.

Cons

1) The dailies can be a bit grindy.

2) Need money/diamonds for a mount to get around decently.

3) Need to make sure the computer this game is on has a decent

video card.

For the folks out there who don't care about originality, and just want a relaxing sword -n-sword fantasy type game that runs smooth, this is the game!  And it's a f2p, too!  Diamonds, the game's uber-currency, can be bought for real money to get mounts and cool potions and such.

Would I recommend this game?  You betcha!  As long as one doesn't go into the game expecting the Second Coming and just wants a standard mmorpg experience without a lot of technical bugs, there's no reason to delay checking this game out.

Comments

• DirkzenDirkzen Member Posts: 144

Seconded.

Also, go ahead and screw around with all your skills and toss your talent points wherever you want,  you get to re-spec it all for free at lvl 30    :D

Mage/Priest FTW.

Oh, also, one gripe.  Crafting is a horrible, horrible, soul-sucking mistress.

Yes, you can end up forging and crafting literally the best gear in the game, but good god..   the farming... the hours you'll spend, red-eyed at 4am as you stare at the auction house, hoping to get the best price and last bid on that last stack of dragon oakwood....    xD

Its a love-hate thing.

• RomanjisanRomanjisan Member Posts: 53

Yeah, farming the mats for the crafting can be a time sink, but at least all the mats are nearby and they respawn quickly.  The only drawback is that one has to have 500 to a 1,000 bits of Beet Root or Mountain Demon Grass to process them higher up the ladder.  But that's ok, I realize what the game design is doing ,and it IS a break from all the kill kill kill, lol.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by Romanjisan

Yeah, farming the mats for the crafting can be a time sink, but at least all the mats are nearby and they respawn quickly.  The only drawback is that one has to have 500 to a 1,000 bits of Beet Root or Mountain Demon Grass to process them higher up the ladder.  But that's ok, I realize what the game design is doing ,and it IS a break from all the kill kill kill, lol.

thats why cs is there you buy potion for gain no more grinding!(at least a lot less)

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

It's an enjoyable, albeit formulaic game, though once you reach the higher levels be prepared for disappointment or to open your wallet & spend a lot of money if you want to be in the raiding fraternity, you'll also find you'll need to farm & farm ad infinitum to gear up to be able to progress through the PvE content.

If PvP is your bag, well it's bad & pay to win is the golden rule.

• RomanjisanRomanjisan Member Posts: 53

cs?

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

You will have to use the cash shop at endgame like mad in order to remain competitive even more so if you play on the pvp server or are ramping up for upcoming GvG patch.

Steam: Neph

• GentiGenti Member Posts: 11

Best free to play mmorpg ever, and no you dont need cash shop at all if you are casual gamer and play on pve server. I enjoy RoM alot when I need a break from my main game LotRO. By the way haven't spent a cent yet and not planning to, I play games to have fun not to be the best on the server.

Samurai

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by Romanjisan

cs?

Cash Shop

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• BertiauxBertiaux Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by Genti

Best free to play mmorpg ever, and no you dont need cash shop at all if you are casual gamer and play on pve server. I enjoy RoM alot when I need a break from my main game LotRO. By the way haven't spent a cent yet and not planning to, I play games to have fun not to be the best on the server.

You don't need the cash shop on the PvP server either (I play Grimdal). But if you really enjoy the game you should consider throwing a few $$ at the shop to help support the game. At least the choice to pay money is on your terms in F2P games, unlike the pay-to-stay....er, I mean pay-to-play games.

• PoachinatorPoachinator Member UncommonPosts: 80

Wife and I have been trying the F2P games, and may have wound up stuck on RoM. This game is cool. We went from 1-10 on our primary classes, then picked up a secondary class and went 1-10 again all pretty much in an afternoon and full evening. It is a total clone, but a good one. We tried Allods and Perfect World, both which were decent, but may end up sticking with RoM.