Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscription question

Arch49Arch49 Member Posts: 4

Well I can't find any info on this but could someone please answer whether or not we gotta pay a subscription.  I'm talking about for both consoles, PC and PS3

Comments

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689

Yes there will be a subscription fee, just like most other big name MMOs.

• Pengy20Pengy20 Member Posts: 59

Does anyone know if they are still going after the 3D-secured cards only like in 11 or they going to all Creditcards?

"That's ludicrous. Are you seriously suggesting that I get better at the game in order to compete?"-Random Failure in the Global Agenda Beta forums.

• JavocrossJavocross Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Arch49

Well I can't find any info on this but could someone please answer whether or not we gotta pay a subscription.  I'm talking about for both consoles, PC and PS3

All you need is one account for both PS3 and PC and maybe xbox360 for FF14 on 1 subscription but you have to buy the game for that system unless thay are changeing but dont see why not

• Hellscream07Hellscream07 Member Posts: 123

They better drop PlayOnline for FFXIV. I really wanted to play FFXI, but after I've found out bout the overcomplex and extremely limited system to set up an account, I gave up on it. However I'm sure I read somewhere that they'll use a new system for handling account management and transactions.

• Arch49Arch49 Member Posts: 4

Thanks guys, kinda disappointed though

• braingame007braingame007 Member UncommonPosts: 98

They said from the beginning that they are getting rid of Playonline, and also they are using the good style of subscription now. Meaning, say you  paid  today, you wont get billed again til your 30 days playtime is up. Just like WoW or most other MMO's. If you didn't play FF11 you got billed on the 1st of every month regardless if you just made the account the last day of the previous month, you still got charged a full month fee. Also they had to do server maint. every month which got annoying, they said with the newer system we won't have to put up with that CHIT anymore.

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

Originally posted by Arch49

Thanks guys, kinda disappointed though

trust me, any good well maintained and updated MMO has a monthly sub. Its either that or its free and full of cash shop crap.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by Pengy20

Does anyone know if they are still going after the 3D-secured cards only like in 11 or they going to all Creditcards?

I'm wondering the same thing myself.

Hopefully they return to the old system where any creditcard was considered to be acceptable, this 3D-Secure garbage is the one thing keeping me from ever returning to FFXI.

• Pengy20Pengy20 Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by Kost

Originally posted by Pengy20

I'm wondering the same thing myself.

Hopefully they return to the old system where any creditcard was considered to be acceptable, this 3D-Secure garbage is the one thing keeping me from ever returning to FFXI.

Yeah, thankfully my CC is 3D so I didnt have to worry. Just wondering for future reference in case I change banks/cards

"That's ludicrous. Are you seriously suggesting that I get better at the game in order to compete?"-Random Failure in the Global Agenda Beta forums.

• BaleoutBaleout Member Posts: 141

Good thing they are getting rid of playline that was just garbage.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Agreed Baleout. Playonline was such a pain to use.