Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy MMO's, why so slow???

MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355

Ok well one of my friends has played Final Fantasy XI for years and always brags about how awesome it is, and lately he has been telling me how much he is looking foward to XIV. So I broke down and bought XI to try it out with him, I havent tried it yet because it looked boring though I have played every Final Fantasy game except XI, so I register which takes FOREVER and right off the bat I have bad feelings about it. Finally I go to create my ONE CHARACTER that they give you for free (thanks square) and I start up the game. My friend started a new job to play with me and we left the town and started fighting. We go outside and find a rabbit and start to fight it, little did I know that rabbits apparently have steel skin since it took 5 mins to kill 1 rabbit and there were 2 of us. I couldnt beleive what I was seeing, so my friend said I could play his character to see how fun higher levels are, so I logged in his character and he had it on a maxed out job, Black Mage. I started fighting a few creatures that were around and nothing had changed, sure I had a few more attacks but I didnt feel awesome nor look like it, I used 1 ability and waited 20 seconds to use another one, it still took forever to kill anything and I was max level. I called it quits after that and never want to look back. I love MMOs and I love Final Fantasy games, I am hooked on 13 right now, but I cant understand why they made this game so boring. Final Fantasy XIV I had hope for thinking they would improve the system and such, but the gameplay I have seen is almost just as slow, it looks a little better but its still attack than wait..................................................................attack...................................................................................................................attack...... and so on. Does anyone else agree that Square Enix needs to speed up their MMOs? It should be the perfect MMO for me but instead I would rank it one of the lowest, even Atlantica Online has a better fighting system IMO, it is turn based but an MMO and fast paced. I would pay loads of money if FFVII or X was made into an MMO, but I cant play these. Agree/Disagree?

Mystery Bounty

Comments

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

#1. This is the wrong place for this thread.

#2. Its a different type of MMO, not everyone wants a spam fest where you hit 1 1 1 2 3 as much as you can, I'm sure you'd agree as you play Darkfall which is nothing like the "standard" mmo.

#3. Rumor has it that 14 will be much faster paced.

Hope that helps.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

It's oldschool.

You have to rest between mobs.

You don't get anything handed to you.

You don't understand the mechanics of blm. Nuke > sleep > nuke > sleep. Also depending on where you were, certain mobs are strong against magic.

It's not really a game most people can just start up and get into without friends. I doubt most would be able to make it to level 10 without wanting to kill themselves. It's a game from 2002.

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529

Originally posted by Alders

It's oldschool.

You have to rest between mobs.

You don't get anything handed to you.

You don't understand the mechanics of blm. Nuke > sleep > nuke > sleep. Also depending on where you were, certain mobs are strong against magic.

It's not really a game most people can just start up and get into without friends. I doubt most would be able to make it to level 10 without wanting to kill themselves. It's a game from 2002.

Or you can learn the mechanics and eat foor, take specializaitons which help you keep stamina, or you can use pots.

I know a number of people who have leveled with minimal support.  it isn't hard, but if you are used to WoW hand holding you I can see wherre it may be beyond those with limited mental capacity..