Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Making the XBox 360 more accessable to PC gamers....

Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

The skinny.

Now, PC gamers who are unable to wrap their brains around the 6 Axis, 14 button controller have a more dumbed down option to allow them to experience XBox. Sort of....

Comments

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

It takes like an hour to get used to the control sticks on a console controller.

Seems like a waste of money to me.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• AxeionAxeion Member UncommonPosts: 418

I own a x box 360 controller.Use it on my PC games .I do not own ,nor am i intrested in owning a x box 360.Why should i many games eventualy get ported to pc any way.So your saying pc gamers are dumber than x box gamers?

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." — Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant (1933)

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

Originally posted by Jimmy_Scythe

The skinny.

Now, PC gamers who are unable to wrap their brains around the 6 Axis, 14 button controller have a more dumbed down option to allow them to experience XBox. Sort of....

LOL id want to use that mouse for my pc gaming.

For xbox 360 the hole thing looks retarded tho.

Originally posted by Axeion

I own a x box 360 controller.Use it on my PC games .I do not own ,nor am i intrested in owning a x box 360.Why should i many games eventualy get ported to pc any way.So your saying pc gamers are dumber than x box gamers?

lol

Well whats easier to use kb/mouse or controller for games? My vote goes to the kb/mouse.

So according to these crazy guys PC gamers would be the group in need of dumbing down.

More proof that this community is whacked.

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

It's called sarcasm. 

Whenever a PC gamer talks about consoles, they whine about how the gamepad is a "less intelligent" way to control video games. I turned the argument on it's head for comedic effect. I'm assuming that the people who didn't post got the joke but weren't very amused by it.

Not that there wasn't some bite to all of this. The idea that one control method is better than another really just boils down to what a person is more comfortable with. When PC gamers talk about the gamepad being "dumbed down," they're really just saying that they suck at using a controller and can't figure it out. I can play using either one, but I find the gamepad to just feel more natural. The exception being FPS and RTS games. FPS games are more suited to a joystick + trackball setup while RTS games really require a keyboad + mouse or a full touchscreen.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text on forums.

Honestly im waiting for games to evolve so much we wont need controllers at all.

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Honestly im waiting for games to evolve so much we wont need controllers at all.

I'm really not comfortable with the concept of a device that can read my mind.

Unless you're talking about motion controls. In that case, I'm to old to be flailing about my living room like an epileptic acrobat.

Originally posted by Jimmy_Scythe

Originally posted by Rockgod99

I'm really not comfortable with the concept of a device that can read my mind.

Unless you're talking about motion controls. In that case, I'm to old to be flailing about my living room like an epileptic acrobat.

Im waiting for a mix between Project natal and virtual head sets ala Lawnmower man.

im sure by the time true neural jacks come out ill be long gone lol.

Kinda like those glasses those chicks use in Caprica lol.

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

anyone remember this controller for the original xbox.... for the fantastic game Steel Battalion...

http://www.georgehernandez.com/h/aaBlog/2004/media/03-05_SteelBattalionController.jpg

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Originally posted by describable

anyone remember this controller for the original xbox.... for the fantastic game Steel Battalion...

http://www.georgehernandez.com/h/aaBlog/2004/media/03-05_SteelBattalionController.jpg

No but i have seen something just as good for the PC.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

I don't need a console.

I need my PC.

Console controllers are great for sports games, driving, etc.,... For all others... mouse and keyboard, kids, especially FPS games.  I don't need any friggin aim assist.   

Originally posted by BlackWatch

I don't need a console.

I need my PC.

Console controllers are great for sports games, driving, etc.,... For all others... mouse and keyboard, kids, especially FPS games.  I don't need any friggin aim assist.   

I play PC FPS games with an XBox 360 all the time and I don't use aim assist.

When I play BF: Bad Company 2 on the 360, I have aim assist turned off.

My kill/death ratios are the same for both gamepad and keyboard + mouse.

It's the player, not the controller.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Lol it was quite easy to see the sarcasm in the OP. That said, a mouse has on a pure objective level, the performance to far superior to a gamepad. I mean, one absolutely movement over an acceleration in a direction is just so much better. The shit I do in CoD4 league matches is just impossible with a controller.

I am pretty good with a controller as well though.

• SirBongsAlotSirBongsAlot Member UncommonPosts: 76

splitfish v2 rocks

http://www.splitfish.com/

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Some games are really much better with keyboard+mouse and some with gamepad. On my pc i have all of them. I use the gamepad for action games where it definetely plays much better, and for all other genres (including FPS) keyboard+mouse.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."