Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The issue with Allods is....

BetrayalFiveBetrayalFive Member Posts: 75

In my opinion I think it is the first F2P that should have been P2P. I beta'd it and the whole time I was thinking it would be better as a P2P game. Other opinions welcomed =)

Comments

• pon14pon14 Member Posts: 45

I have never played it, but its a little bit odd you are saying you should pay for something that is free....But, I do understand what you mean.

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511

I never thought it should be P2P, but I do remember thinking it would be ok if it were.

The only F2P game that I thought should have been P2P was mabinogi

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

The problem is F2P usually costs more money than P2P.

• pon14pon14 Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by merv808

I never thought it should be P2P, but I do remember thinking it would be ok if it were.

Personally I think Mabinogi was good as a F2P it just doesnt have the innovation as other P2P games.  I played mabinogi, got bored and quit, but I never would have played it if it were P2P, I just don't think it was worth it.

• BetrayalFiveBetrayalFive Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by pon14

Originally posted by merv808

Personally I think Mabinogi was good as a F2P it just doesnt have the innovation as other P2P games.  I played mabinogi, got bored and quit, but I never would have played it if it were P2P, I just don't think it was worth it.

I agree. Mabinogi should stay F2P. It just really didn't have enough for me but that could be also that its anime style (sorry...not for me). The controversy with Allods was the original cashshop and that killed me for some people. I much rather would do a P2P than F2P for this game. Very nice production values and the orcs look badass (they almost took #1 from the orcs in WAR).

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366

They might as of well made it P2P, rather then shove a overpriced item mall.. down peoples throats. One reason, I wish gpotato never got their grubby hand's on the game. They reduced the price of item's in the mall, but i'm hearing it's still overpriced. I know it's keeping a lot of people from playing the game. It's a damn same too, because Allod's is pretty good game.. compared to all the cookie cutter F2P trash out there.

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by DillingerEP

They might as of well made it P2P, rather then shove a overpriced item mall.. down peoples throats. One reason, I wish gpotato never got their grubby hand's on the game. They reduced the price of item's in the mall, but i'm hearing it's still overpriced. I know it's keeping a lot of people from playing the game. It's a damn same too, because Allod's is pretty good game.. compared to all the cookie cutter F2P trash out there.

I agree completely. but I do still intend to give the game a shot on release. That way I can see for myself just how much a player actually "needs" the in shop items. and how easily (or not) said items can be attained in game.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by BetrayalFive

In my opinion I think it is the first F2P that should have been P2P. I beta'd it and the whole time I was thinking it would be better as a P2P game. Other opinions welcomed =)

You know, it does look like a fun game. But I normally do not play gankfest games, and the entire cash shop disaster was not something I really want to deal with.  Its too bad, as I said because it looks like fun.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • J_HurryJ_Hurry Member UncommonPosts: 230

I spent a good month with Allods beta and didn't find anything particularly great about it. Most of my time was spent solo quest grinding, just like everyone else. The occasional group questing and dungeon run was fun but sporadic. I'm going to assume the endgame is more social. Remind you of any game? Too bad the journey there is yet another craptacular quest grind. /zzz

I think the allure with Allods is that it's the first F2P that doesn't look like generic anime F2P # 364.

LGM Alchemist (Legendary Grandmaster)
  • xShirolxxShirolx Member Posts: 7

Yea if Allods was P2P and didnt have the FOD crap they would have more players playing unlike wats happening now...

also its because everything is repetative...lvl 5 rep max lvl 10 rep max lvl 15 rep max 17 and it goes go forever....really  boring

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

IMO it is a game not worth playing at all.It is too vanilla,nothing unique about it,i got bored real quick.Graphics are cheap,mobs look real cheap.I didn't mind my Gibberlings,but that novelty wore off after a couple days.I really had nothing positive to say about the game,it offered nothing to keep me there even for free ,let alone having to pay to play it.

ALLODS is basically another Wow clone,but with even worse graphics [hard to believe]and a much cheaper over all game.Even if Wow was F2P ,i wouldn't play it,but i would play Wow before i played Allods.

As soon as i see F2P,i know what type of quality to expect,and it is ALWAYS low quality.I recently tried my FIRST F2P that actually had decent graphics[don't remember the game lol],but the game itself was still pretty boring simple quest>quest,rinse /repeat.I think it was called Tales of Fate,but i try so many so hard to remember one from the next.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.