Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would you like to rent a ship for 7-14-30 days in the cash shop?

InterestingInteresting Member UncommonPosts: 972

What about renting all pieces of equipment?

All superior than the other equipment in the game.

Would you still endure being someone else's pvp toy? Would you still keep your head up high with your "Im not being forced to pay for any...oh crap, killed again." ?

Comments

• sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170

rentinga ship no wouldnt do that. other stuff like say a weapon thats a little better than the one u get ingame for free for example wold be good.

i had orignaly hoped game would be p2p so wouldnt have to worry about cash shop. hopely they do cash shop right so u dont have to buy cash shop just to be even competitive

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Did you really expect anything but a trainwreck from this game? Neocron. All that needs to be said. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• jokernoidjokernoid Member Posts: 1

Never like the idea of "rent".

Cash shop should contains stuff or module to boost exp, attack, def, speed etc....

• DoughnutDoughnut Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Kordesh

Did you really expect anything but a trainwreck from this game? Neocron. All that needs to be said. 

If BP was going to be P2P then maybe I would agree with what you said but it looks like the company developing this game has changed their business strategy. So I doubt this game will be similar to Neocron as its on a different track.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by Interesting

Would you still endure being someone else's pvp toy? Would you still keep your head up high with your "Im not being forced to pay for any...oh crap, killed again." ?

I will give it  try , but will not be paying a cent...... If theres some gameplay and it's enjoyable then fine. I treat most F2P games as PvE, environments to play around in hard to take F2P seriously.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Rental items... yummy for companies.

Why charge a monthly fee for a whole game service if you can charge a monthly fee for different kinds of items, gets more expensive than 15/mo pretty easily as we aren't talking about cents monthly fees but dollars monthly fees.

Oh nevermind, you wanted to read from those who play F2P games without spending one cent.

If they do this they will probably make those tradable in-game so people can proudly spend 10 or more hours to avoid spending anything to buy from someone else that got it instantly and even has spare ones.

• HochmeisterHochmeister Member Posts: 70

I love guild wars because u just buy it and that's it. NO cash shops. NO subscriptions. But Arena.net is still rich. The  game is still good. So why don't people try what Arena.net did. Games like that are the only games i will  get because i hate downloading things from internet then having torent gear at a cash shop. I  hate paying £15 evrey month to play a a game no diffirent from any other. So if BP decides 2 take the GW way  they will as succesfull and will have enough extra 2make a great sequal.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by Hochmeister

I love guild wars because u just buy it and that's it. NO cash shops. NO subscriptions. But Arena.net is still rich. The  game is still good. So why don't people try what Arena.net did. Games like that are the only games i will  get because i hate downloading things from internet then having torent gear at a cash shop. I  hate paying £15 evrey month to play a a game no diffirent from any other. So if BP decides 2 take the GW way  they will as succesfull and will have enough extra 2make a great sequal.

I love Buy to play games.

GW was perfect. buy one campaign and play forever with the option to buy a few other packs.

All F2p games should be like this.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• DragawnDragawn Member Posts: 2

I always hated rent items and making them tradeable ? cmon!

Noone likes rich players spending all their money in the game to become "Gods" on the battlefield and giving really skilled players which don't spend any money on the game no chance.

Rent items = Broken Cash shop

If you've ever seen a MMO with a good CS including rent items I will take all my words back.

The Developer has stated in an interview that the CS will contain of time saving stuff (and stuff just for the looks), like exp boosts, paintjobs, decals, etc.  You will be able to get everything ingame without paying a penny...eventually.

• solnicarissolnicaris Member Posts: 148

It has been put out in press releases that Black Prophecy store will not have items that you cannot attain while playing the game. I would hope they don't go back on this statement and they said the majority of the store would consist of items to help you level and give you the edge in PvP/PvE.

Come and checkout my website:
    SpaceSimCentral.com - Your Space Sim Community Gaming Resource
    Discuss EVE, JGE, BP, Infinity, Taikodom, FL, FS, HW, WC, X and more

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

there is not one game w/ a cash shop as primary means of $$ that it has not made the game pointless to play end game. Lets be honest if BP was solid no cash shop would be needed,  cash shops are ok if they do not effect or unbalance the game otherwise you might as well poor money downa  drain ebcuase your not playing the game for anythign your paying the game for achievement and whast the point in that.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Originally posted by solnicaris

It has been put out in press releases that Black Prophecy store will not have items that you cannot attain while playing the game. I would hope they don't go back on this statement and they said the majority of the store would consist of items to help you level and give you the edge in PvP/PvE.

How does that make it better? If anything it makes it worse because it means the cash shop will absolutely be a way to use money as a shortcut (ie: cheat) through the game. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• MallokMallok Member UncommonPosts: 44

I used to be open to the f2p cash shop model after playing battlefield heroes, but in the last year ive seen it severely abused , most of the f2p games ive played in the last 6 months would cost you way way more than 15 bucks a month just to play with the perks you get with a p2p game.

I really hope bp doesnt follow that rip off cash shop model and keeps the items cosmetic. Id much rather pay 15 bucks a month than worry about renting all my ships and gear.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by jokernoid

Never like the idea of "rent".

Cash shop should contains stuff or module to boost exp, attack, def, speed etc....

In no way a cash shop should contain elements to improve the characters abilities !

It may contain elements, that are obtainable ingame by a huge effort of workm to shorten some stuff, not to have an advantage against other players.

I pretty mutch dislike the cash shop model, as long as you can buy your smile instead of playing and fighting for it to get the well deserved reputation.

A cash shop should contain elements like different mounts, housing elements, social gameplay elements, .... the list is long, but to force someone with basic stuff in the cash shop, is the wrong way.

I actually made this experience with Allods as there it is "no cash shop - no game fun" and they offer i.e. a big backpack for 20.-€ and you cannot obtain any other baggy ingame, they patched the only baggy quest out of the game to force you to buy from their shop.

As Allods is gPotatoe, Black Prophecy wont work very different as it is Gamigo. Same principle, ripp of the kids.

In my book, all these f2p companies like gPotato and Gamigo should seriously think about their communities ...

• matrixvsmatrixvs Member Posts: 179

realy dont get some people... first off they said they would not add any special items that wouldent be attainable in game in the shop and u start ranting about renting ships...

there will be no ship rent there will be no membership. there prob will be like increase exp maybe something to do with either improveing ur cargohold maybe some improved chances for upgrading things other than that nothing.

and dont start qqing about them doing the same as other companys so far all the games from them i played u could get ANY item without paying a dime

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

You could call this game "Black Farmville"

Farmville is a free game, but you can buy gas for your equipment to harvest and such.  When you run out, you buy more.

Finally, you look at your credit card and there is like 100.00 dollars on it from all the little 5.00 here and 10.00 there for different items and fuel.

Nope, not me.  I will not play a free to play game.  Give me a monthly sub and I wil play it.  Damn, I was looking forward to this game too.

• tron21369tron21369 Member Posts: 73

i play this free game  they use a chash shop     only for xp boost    for the whole month or what ever    to keep it simple    i agree not like a game  to use cash shop to be one over other players   for a short time     thats wasting cast that be used some thing important  lol real life stuff     i dont mine if its for  people things in game and avitor fun stuff      i like to try this game out too be for jumpgate comes out  : )

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Interesting

Renting a weapon or other superior piece of equipment is a no-go for me when it comes to cash shop games. Renting a ship is dubious, since this is the core of your "character", it might be unbalancing because you can add more stuff to the ship itself...

Further more, I still don't get why most cash shop games add superior equipment to their cash shops. You can also add items to enhance the crafting / enchanting chance of success, special (limited use) recipes and other stuff that don't affect gameplay as much as pre-made gear.