Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zboard contest mistake??

Why are only 5 people listed when its clearly supposed to be 10?????

Mooooo™

Comments

• flabairflabair Member Posts: 188

yea who where the other 5..... still one one confirmed out of the five they listed

• yes, who were the other 5, hope its me :)

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Yeah, they messed up. The rules stated that there would be 10 subscribers chosen and the first 5 to confirm would get the prize. They only chose 5. Someone messed up.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Nope, this contest was only 5 drawn, 5 win.  Starting with our Jump To Lightspeed contest we starting running our contests this way...no one liked the old way. image  That was just a typo in the "contest closed" message.  The rules before the closing of the contest read:

WINNER SELECTION
    Five (5) ticket-winners will be selected on 11/15/2004 at 9PM EST. These tickets will be selected by a computer random number generation algorithm designed by CCI.

As a reward to dedicated members, they will receive an additional chance at winning for every 5 days they have logged into MMORPG.COM, up to a maximum of 5 chances. Only one login per day will be counted. Only dates from 10/17/04 through 11/15/04 will be counted.

The winners will be notified by email within 24 hours of their member number being selected randomly as a winner. Only the first five (5) people to claim their winning ticket will win a prize. Winners are confirmed on a first come - first serve basis. Only the original recipient of the prize email is eligible to win. Winners will be required to respond within 24 hours to claim their prize. If after this time no names have been confirmed, we will disqualify remaining tickets and select the remaining winners by a method of our choosing.

Winners will be required to provide proof of eligibility (age, name and address). Information will have to match your MMORPG.COM account values.

Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize. CCI is not responsible for late, misdirected or damaged communication of any kind including computer failure. All decisions are final. The odds of a winning number being drawn are approximately 1 in 500. A list of winners shall be available by sending a written request to Cyber Creations Inc. c/o contest winners, 75-5751 Kuakini Hwy. Suite ##204, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740. By accepting the prize, winners agree that CCI, its directors, employees, representatives and agents shall have no liability for, and shall hold all such parties harmless against damage, loss or injury that may arise in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prizes or participation in this giveaway.

Then after you entered it said:

We have received your entry form and you are now eligible to win one of 5 ZBoard prize sets! We will be holding the drawing on 11/15/2004 at 9PM EST.

We will select 5 winning tickets and contact each one by e-mail as well as their MMORPG.COM private mail. The first 5 people to claim their ticket will win a prize!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• will7will7 Member UncommonPosts: 3

This is what it says right above those five names listed there:

"We are sorry but this contest closed at 9PM EST on 11/15/2004. We will be selecting 5 winning tickets and contacting each one by e-mail as well as MMORPG.COM private mail. The first 5 people to claim their ticket will win a prize. The other 5 people will NOT win a prize...so be alert!"

Who are the other 5 people that will not win a prize?  Doesn't make much sense unless there were 10 chosen.

Wilson

Will

• natasnatas Member Posts: 135

Originally posted by wilson7

This is what it says right above those five names listed there:
    "We are sorry but this contest closed at 9PM EST on 11/15/2004. CONTEST IS CLOSED!
    We are sorry but this contest closed at 9PM EST on 11/15/2004. We will be selecting 5 winning tickets and contacting each one by e-mail as well as MMORPG.COM private mail. The first 5 people to claim their ticket will win a prize. The other 5 people will NOT win a prize...so be alert!

and contacting each one by e-mail as well as MMORPG.COM private mail. The first 5 people to claim their ticket will win a prize. The other 5 people will NOT win a prize...so be alert!"
    Who are the other 5 people that will not win a prize?  Doesn't make much sense unless there were 10 chosen.

Wilson

An hour ago it said "We will be selecting 10 tickets and contacting each one by e-mail as well as MMORPG.COM private mail".....it was edited after i posted. And after the contest ended.

Mooooo™

That was how we USED to do our contests...we used to draw 2 times the amount of names - then the first 5 to claim won, the others lost.  I think it was more clean that way because we had all the winners confirmed much quicker - but we got lots of hate mail - so we now do it this way. 

Now we re-draw winners for those that don't claim in 24 hours. 

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Originally posted by natas
    An hour ago it said "We will be selecting 10 tickets and contacting each one by e-mail as well as MMORPG.COM private mail".....it was edited after i posted. And after the contest ended.

Yep, I fixed it after seeing this post image  But again, this was the only message that said 10 - just a left over from the original write-up for the contest.  The official rules and signup pages all stated 5 and 5.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Originally posted by Admin

Yep, I fixed it after seeing this post image  But again, this was the only message that said 10 - just a left over from the original write-up for the contest.  The official rules and signup pages all stated 5 and 5.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

It leaves a VERY BAD tASTE IN MY MOUTH.

So let me guess who gets the UNCLAIMED zboard-s  pittifull

Mooooo™

• wendyXwendyX Member Posts: 32

ya i liek the new one thanks even if i didnt win

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Happens every contest.  People whine and get upset because they didn't win something that they didn't have to do a dam thing to win.  Quit griping and be glad they give a chance for you to win something.

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

--------------------------------------------

It leaves a VERY BAD tASTE IN MY MOUTH.

So let me guess who gets the UNCLAIMED zboard-s  pittifull

Unclaimed prizes will be re-drawn tomorrow at 9PM.  I am sure this will happen too - which is why I liked the old system - it was much less hassle for me image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

The "previous" and as listed in ther contest we agreed to was ten 'winning tickets' would be choosen of which the first 5 to claim their prize would be the winners.
    Now oh btw we changed all that & not bothering to tell you guys we will select the choosen few & only they can claim the prize. So, those of us that bother to keep up with the contest & log on at drawing to see if we the users can effect the outcome and winners now have no part in designating the winners.
    In the past you guys selected certain individuals and removed their winning tickets, and never bothering to say so... that you had bared certain people from winning. Now you indicate only these listed people win, often those are not serious contributing members. Just some that by "an indepent" selection agency are the winners... like and Pres Bush should have won the election, trust me, don't worry about the election machines that were proven hackable... also there is some excelent land in florida i will sell you for cash in advance, trust me...
    It is like the names 1st were NOT posted at 2100est, and then about 5 min later only five names are listed, like the rest of us are wondering (and it even details in the contest TEN winning tickets were chosen,) well do only those notified by email get the chance to claim their prize? because with10 winning tickets & only those five listed having the 'pending' designation, well what happens to the other five 'winning tickets?'
    Bring back where with twice the # winning tickets, we that bother to log in and see who won, can have some say in the final winners. Rather than those that oh, really, there was a contest, well i guess i should log in and claim my prize...

• The Zboard conteset NEVER stated 10 prizes until the "contest closed" message appeared
    • The drawing process is manual...so the winners don't appear EXACTLY at 9PM EST.  I have to log in to an admin panel and press the "Draw Winners" button.  All that automatically happens at 9PM is you are no longer allowed to enter.
    • We are going to keep the contests the way they are for now and see how it goes.  It is just hard for people who work odd-shift jobs and such...this way they have a full 24 hours to claim.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• LazerXLazerX Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Whoa. I won.   Unbelievable!  image

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

The Zboard conteset NEVER stated 10 prizes until the "contest closed" message appeared
    The drawing process is manual...so the winners don't appear EXACTLY at 9PM EST.  I have to log in to an admin panel and press the "Draw Winners" button.  All that automatically happens at 9PM is you are no longer allowed to enter.
    We are going to keep the contests the way they are for now and see how it goes.  It is just hard for people who work odd-shift jobs and such...this way they have a full 24 hours to claim.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

All, I'm not sure where the rest of you have been, but if you freqent the board, you should have known it was only 5 drawn names and 5 winners.  It definitely said this.  I am in no way affiliated with MMORPG.com or any of the admins.  I just freqent the site alot and it never did say they were drawing 10 names.

Originally posted by dsorrent

The Zboard conteset NEVER stated 10 prizes until the "contest closed" message appeared
    The drawing process is manual...so the winners don't appear EXACTLY at 9PM EST.  I have to log in to an admin panel and press the "Draw Winners" button.  All that automatically happens at 9PM is you are no longer allowed to enter.
    We are going to keep the contests the way they are for now and see how it goes.  It is just hard for people who work odd-shift jobs and such...this way they have a full 24 hours to claim.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

All, I'm not sure where the rest of you have been, but if you freqent the board, you should have known it was only 5 drawn names and 5 winners.  It definitely said this.  I am in no way affiliated with MMORPG.com or any of the admins.  I just freqent the site alot and it never did say they were drawing 10 names.

Actualy your incorrect.....as the ADMIN allready admited it was edited after my inital post.

It did state 10 would be drawn and 5 prizes, Before the contest ended i had been reading 10 since the first day of the contest.

ALSO i couldnt care less if i won or not....  Its the principal of the thing, Do it correctly or someone will CALL YOU ON IT.

Mooooo™

• PsaikoboiPsaikoboi Member Posts: 14

How the heck did I win. image Thanks Guys!!!

How many entries were there?

5000+ entries...nice job!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Originally posted by dsorrent

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Actualy your incorrect.....as the ADMIN allready admited it was edited after my inital post.

It did state 10 would be drawn and 5 prizes, Before the contest ended i had been reading 10 since the first day of the contest.

ALSO i couldnt care less if i won or not....  Its the principal of the thing, Do it correctly or someone will CALL YOU ON IT.

Natas, actually, no I am correct.  When I sign up for things, I actually READ the "Official Rules" on the sign up page.  It ALWAYS said 5 names drawn, 5 winners.  Maybe you should have read all of the admins post instead of stopping at the "I fixed it after seeing this post" part.  Here, I'll extract the relevant sentance to make it easier for you.

The official rules and signup pages all stated 5 and 5.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

When you sign a contract, you are bound to what is said IN the contract.  Not what is said after it or before it.  So instead of all of you people ranting and raving how you were "deceived" maybe you should read what you are signing up for next time.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Read it and weep.................

Mooooo™

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Read it and weep.................

Natas, is English your primary language? I'm guessing not.  I cut and pasted the last line there which reads "The official rules and signup pages all stated 5 and 5".  This is a DIRECT reference to his previous post which read:

Nope, this contest was only 5 drawn, 5 win.  Starting with our Jump To Lightspeed contest we starting running our contests this way...no one liked the old way. image  That was just a typo in the "contest closed" message.  The rules before the closing of the contest read:

So, let me substitue the inferred meaning into his sentance so perhaps those who don't undestand how that works, such as yourself, get it:

The official rules and signup pages all stated 5 (drawn) and 5 (winners).

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Again, read what you sign up for.

*yawn*

It is a bit Anal to read The official rules pages.....image

Mooooo™

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

i think some of you need to just grow up, are you paying anything for being here? no are they giving away free stuff... yes, if you dont win who cares, its not like you "lost" anything.