Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online or Darkfall?

PurpleCliffPurpleCliff Member UncommonPosts: 156

Vote for your favourite out of these two games. No need to bad mouth the one you don't like, just say which one you prefer :)

Comments

• xFanaticxxFanaticx Member Posts: 68

One is a game the other is not, what's to compare?

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

I personally like the concept of Mortal Online better, but it was badly executed. I'm still going to vote MO for potential alone, I'll be checking back on it every few months.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• chesiremorphchesiremorph Member Posts: 128

I've never player Darkfall, but it has to be better than MO. I could not believe how unfinished that game was. Truly amazing.

BoB

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

If you absolutely had to pick between the two based on how they currently are, I'd go with Darkfall. Mortal Online has great ideas but they are either not implemented or poorly implemented.

Personally, I wouldn't pick either of them. I'd go to EVE for my FFA PVP fix.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Darkfall, no question.

MO isn't even at a playable stage yet. In a year's time maybe....but by then Darkfall's next expansion (or set of expansions) will be out, and the game will be even better.

That said, I wish MO all the best, and hope they can polish the game up to a sandbox gem. It can only help the Sandbox MMORPG genre.

• PurpleCliffPurpleCliff Member UncommonPosts: 156

I haven't played either yet, but I've already half downloaded Mortal Online - so I'll be trying it first.

Poll seems pretty evenly split so far.

• arcdevilarcdevil Member Posts: 864

Mortal Online is crippleware at best. I cant imagine it surviving 3 months

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Neither one of them are worth playing. It like trying to pick between 2 piles fo crap.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by Mannish

Neither one of them are worth playing. It like trying to pick between 2 piles fo crap.

The use it to improve it (which leads to macros, shooting trees over and over, and using weapons that are not effective, but just because you want to raise skill) plus FPS combat elements design is not very good for an MMORPG IMO.

I think these features dont' ad to the MMORPG feel, but rather take away from it. Even IF these games were polished, they would still have these poor design features.

I think these features are better suited for something like Battlefield.

If I want those sorts of features, I can play this, which rocks:

http://badcompany2.ea.com/agegate

When I play an MMORPG, I'm looking for RPG features.

• inBOILinBOIL Member Posts: 669
    Originally posted by Ihmotepp

The use it to improve it (which leads to macros, shooting trees over and over, and using weapons that are not effective, but just because you want to raise skill) plus FPS combat elements design is not very good for an MMORPG IMO.

I think these features dont' ad to the MMORPG feel, but rather take away from it. Even IF these games were polished, they would still have these poor design features.

Dungeon Master ,Ultima Underworld,Daggerfall did bad job for RPG genre?

I dont think so.

now its happening at MMORPGs and its really good direction.

#Mortal Online or Darkfall?# both ty,,like asking right Boob or left Boob?

Generation P

• DahlifyrDahlifyr Member UncommonPosts: 134

Love Darkfall, and wishes the best for MO. We dont need more look a like MMO-games. The next "big" thing is SWTOR, is that all that companys can come up with?

Nah, more power to thoose kind of games, that actually are walking theire own way.

• RealmLordsRealmLords Member Posts: 358

Voted Darkfall.

This looks like fun!

www.youtube.com/watch

Ken

www.ActionMMORPG.com
    One man, a small pile of money, and the screwball idea of a DIY Indie MMORPG? Yep, that's him. ~sigh~

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    Originally posted by inBOIL

I dont think so.

Let's not forget Morrowind, Oblivion, Pre-NGE SWG (as far as skill-based progression, anyway), and Neocron.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Originally posted by inBOIL

I dont think so.

Let's not forget Morrowind, Oblivion, Pre-NGE SWG (as far as skill-based progression, anyway), and Neocron.

I think FPs style combat mixed with RPG elements works ok in a single player RPG, but still prefer something like KOTOR when I'm playing an RPG.

For instance I'm playing borderlands now, which is  an FPS where you go up in levels nad gear. It's fun. It also has multi player co-op, and arenas. Would I want to play that as an MMORPG? Not really, no.

I do play FPS games to. I like both.