Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Do You Love/Hate Most About?

bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Please try and nominate just 1 thing that you like most about the game and 1 that you don't.

I'll start by saying that what I like mostly about Aion is the graphics in terms of weapons/armors models.

The biggest let down for me is the small world/very few areas and lack of access (you get to explore like only half of the map in some regions due to terrain).

How about you? :)

Comments

• EvokerzEvokerz Member UncommonPosts: 37

Like most: character & environment art design

Hate most: RNG!!!

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

Like: Overall 'feel' of the game

Dislike: Frame-rate at sieges

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

I was trying to put it on the list of what I dislike but it went to more than 6 pages already, so I will summarize them in short.

Why people don't like F2P game? Is it worthy to describe a F2P about what you like and what you don't like? 

Aion is just like a F2P game but a paid to play advanced F2P. The contents are all spirit and quality of a F2P, very limited P2P contents and quality. For example, only one chat channel is server wide, and still need cold down. Another example, armors are traditional F2P armors, totaly a mess, you could find 20th century costumes and ancient or armors uses by all F2P games. The feature of F2P armors is to make female dress as little as possbile and to look sexy. But I'd play Leisure Suit Larry if I want to see the avatar looks sexy.

I have had fun or greater fun when I played WOW, Lotro, FFXI (less fun), Pirates of Carribean Online, AC2, DDO, Warhammer. But playing Aion just same as I was playing those F2P mmorpgs like Cable Online, 9Dragons, Last Chaos, Shaira, 4Story or P2P like AOC. 

So in short, Aion is not a game with fun. Because the game is made up by extreme grinding then   became the core of the game. That's why people don't like to play F2P mmorpg. And it is why I said Aion is an advanced F2P mmo because they have added some P2P values in it but they didn't have ability to develop the game with fun.

• SonokoSonoko Member UncommonPosts: 41

I don't understand the F2P argument whatsoever.  I've played several F2P games that were incredibly unique and quite enjoyable for awhile, Dragonica and Drift City for example.  "Grind" isn't even a common factor among F2P MMOs, generally lower production values and an in-game cash shop tend to be actual common factors, although still not a solid rule that they all follow.  And Aion doesn't even have one of those.

Regardless, I seriously have to wonder if people who claim Aion is "made up by extreme grinding" have even played the damn game.  Like, here's my character: Sonoko

I am level 50.  Straight up to 50 I not once ever ran out of quests or had to do any grinding whatsoever.  Now they're throwing out double exp every other weekend it seems, so a complete non-grind is even less of one!

I have a 2,000 platinum coin greatsword.  I bought most of the coins on the broker with the mass amounts of easy money I gained just from leveling.  I can't consider that a grind whatsoever.

I am full Fenris.  I consider it to be an easy questline, and it only took me a few weeks to do the entire thing.  I can't consider that a grind whatsoever.

I have 399 aether extraction and 399 vitality extraction.  I simply leveled these up along with my character as I progressed into new areas.  It felt like a very natural progression and a nice way to make extra money while out doing other things.  I can't consider that a grind whatsoever.

I have 449 cooking and 449 alchemy.  I had to dedicate most of a day of gameplay to each one in order to cap them, but that's just it: Two days to cap out two professions to expert.  It's not even an active gameplay element, you just press one button and can go AFK.  I... I just can't consider that a grind whatsoever. 

So please, what the hell at all in this game is grindy at all, let alone "made up by extreme grinding"?  What haven't I experienced in this game that's just so damn grindy that you can't even be specific?

Oh, and to actually be on topic:

Like: The overall combat system.  I actually find soloing monsters as a Templar to be enjoyable because for maximum efficiency you actually have to learn how every monster acts at specific percentages and adapt your skill rotation as such, all while weaving attacks.  Most MMOs I've played have fairly boring soloing, although with Dragonica being a notable exception. (Omgz and that's free to play!)

Dislike: Flight combat.  Well, specifically with how several attacks require you to be stationary while executing and with how the global cooldown triggers even if you're out of range while attempting to use the skill so you can't simply be spamming it as you get in range.  When flying at someone you have to constantly stop in range (which is really small and incredibly anal), use a skill,  get stuck in place with an animation while they keep flying away, and repeat over and over.  It's manageable, but it's really obnoxious since ranged classes don't have anywhere near as much of an issue with it.

• FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

like: polish

dislike: the "premium" content they started giving out with mags, different vendors etc. this imho shouldnt be in a p2p game be it just cosmetics or uber items. I should be able to get anything and everything the game has to offer with just by playing the game and only by playing the game.

there are other like-dislike's but these 2 are 1st.

I need more vespene gas.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Sonoko

I don't understand the F2P argument whatsoever.  I've played several F2P games that were incredibly unique and quite enjoyable for awhile, Dragonica and Drift City for example.  "Grind" isn't even a common factor among F2P MMOs, generally lower production values and an in-game cash shop tend to be actual common factors, although still not a solid rule that they all follow.  And Aion doesn't even have one of those.
    Regardless, I seriously have to wonder if people who claim Aion is "made up by extreme grinding" have even played the damn game.  Like, here's my character: Sonoko
    I am level 50.  Straight up to 50 I not once ever ran out of quests or had to do any grinding whatsoever.  Now they're throwing out double exp every other weekend it seems, so a complete non-grind is even less of one!

I have a 2,000 platinum coin greatsword.  I bought most of the coins on the broker with the mass amounts of easy money I gained just from leveling.  I can't consider that a grind whatsoever.

I am full Fenris.  I consider it to be an easy questline, and it only took me a few weeks to do the entire thing.  I can't consider that a grind whatsoever.

I have 399 aether extraction and 399 vitality extraction.  I simply leveled these up along with my character as I progressed into new areas.  It felt like a very natural progression and a nice way to make extra money while out doing other things.  I can't consider that a grind whatsoever.

I have 449 cooking and 449 alchemy.  I had to dedicate most of a day of gameplay to each one in order to cap them, but that's just it: Two days to cap out two professions to expert.  It's not even an active gameplay element, you just press one button and can go AFK.  I... I just can't consider that a grind whatsoever. 
    So please, what the hell at all in this game is grindy at all, let alone "made up by extreme grinding"?  What haven't I experienced in this game that's just so damn grindy that you can't even be specific?
    Oh, and to actually be on topic:
    Like: The overall combat system.  I actually find soloing monsters as a Templar to be enjoyable because for maximum efficiency you actually have to learn how every monster acts at specific percentages and adapt your skill rotation as such, all while weaving attacks.  Most MMOs I've played have fairly boring soloing, although with Dragonica being a notable exception. (Omgz and that's free to play!)

Dislike: Flight combat.  Well, specifically with how several attacks require you to be stationary while executing and with how the global cooldown triggers even if you're out of range while attempting to use the skill so you can't simply be spamming it as you get in range.  When flying at someone you have to constantly stop in range (which is really small and incredibly anal), use a skill,  get stuck in place with an animation while they keep flying away, and repeat over and over.  It's manageable, but it's really obnoxious since ranged classes don't have anywhere near as much of an issue with it.

sorry cant agree my templar literally beat away on enemies as if he had a butter knife in his hand ran out of quests unless i wanted to go back and do repeatables  and never had enough cash to get pots or pay for the soul heal when i got killed by  loose mob that was chasing down some other player or had been attacked killed the gold seller and comes after me 

even picking up everything still 2 hours of killing and picking up bones and feathers wasnt even close to a full bag 

the templar was a major grind took forever to chop away at enemies which quite frankly was no fun and when all i hear is just grind when i ask for a group to make my life easier nope not going to stick around for that

• FrollyFrolly Member Posts: 37

Like: Core of the game.

(Korean massive multi-player online games are meant to be massive, thousands per server, with huge competitive sieges.)

Dislike: Changes made after Beta.

(Nerfing player shops making you disconnect after 30mins of putting one up, 30sec wait to post in LFG chat, General Chat becoming Reion Chat, Trade Chat becoming Region Locked, making you disconnect after 5mins on character create screen unless you check name every 5mins, removing balancing system which forced players to make Elyos or Asmodian depending on how many were already on each side, dropping GameGuard and making the game hack and bot land, making players wait 2 weeks before getting more servers so they were already fed up with queues and quit this great game.)

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Like: All related to gameplay.

Dislike: Its a faction based game.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Like:  PvP sets and how easy they are to obtain

Dislike:  Raid lag(low FPS) at large sieges

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by bronecar

Please try and nominate just 1 thing that you like most about the game and 1 that you don't.

I'll start by saying that what I like mostly about Aion is the graphics in terms of weapons/armors models.

The biggest let down for me is the small world/very few areas and lack of access (you get to explore like only half of the map in some regions due to terrain).

How about you? :)

Best: The graphics and customization of your toon.  That's 2 things but I think they should fall under the same section.

Worse: Lack of depth in the game.  Under its glossy cover, is just another lineage clone with boring and almost endless grinding.  Even the PvPvE that is suppose to be a new refreshing feature in Aion is in actually not really new.  It's just a reharsh of PvP that other MMOs done and have done it better then Aion.