Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 Accounts, 1 Combat, 1 Craft

DemagogueDemagogue Member Posts: 17

Since crafting professions can actually contribute to combat, I'm thinking of opening two accounts to have a Blacksmith and/or miner with me at all times..  Anyone else thinking the same thing?   Could  also have it join up with friend's groups.   1 Account on Ps3, 1 on PC!

Comments

• nobrains8503nobrains8503 Member Posts: 133

Why not just have your main character be a crafter also? Or better yet make a friend that enjoys playing a crafter.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

Judging by the way the skill system is currently assumed to work you can probably sub skills from a crafting class onto your combat classes. We know that Miners have the equivalent of FFXI's Treasure Hunter ability to increase loot. I expect SE have done all of this to encourage players to level crafting classes to enhance their combat abilities.

There's really no need to have more than one account for FFXIV, unless you want to make mules or whatever, but I expect SE have dealt with the inventory issues this time around.

• ScholarlyScholarly Member Posts: 2

deleted

• cealiscealis Member Posts: 5

I think it isn't usefull ofcourse you can help your crafter i think in the beginning it wont be hard to find people to help you with certain tasks.

We also don't know if you can master in both on the same character or that their are major drawbacks to that.

• NixishNixish Member UncommonPosts: 185

Going by my knowledge of ffxi, you really want to have everything on one character. All skills might be accumulative and can help in other fields.

For example, in XI, it was really nice to carry around stacks of materials to make juices with for  mage classes. (juices didnt stack but the mats did. [Juices replenished mana without resting])

In the very VERY least, youll have a better sense of accomplishment with a close to maxed out character after X years.