Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So whats so different

MrSebMrSeb Member Posts: 71

Hey guys ..

I've been trying to find a new nice MMORPG .. And so far I've been quite into Aion .. I even bought it .. But my pc is not as good as it could be so it's not able to run it as well as i hoped ..

Then I found Ryzom .. Looks kinda cool and has a very charming environment ..

But what is so different about Ryzom .. There must be something but what it is, I can't quite figure out..

Would be nice if someone could list a couple of innovative features.. thanks

Comments

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

I’m really probably not the best person since I've only played total a month, but I saw no replies to you for two days so....

Mob AI - This game has innovative artificial intelligence. Mobs have varying degrees of aggressiveness, and curiosity to name a few. In all, the act a lot like real animals. Some are predators some are prey.

The ‘living world.' resources, animals, and scenery are affected by weather and season.

No classes. You can skill up for multiple roles. In my short time, on the same character, I have partied as a melee, ranged, and healer.

Skill system. You can customize your skills in the game in a way that is quite unusual. Search ‘stanzas’ for more info. But basically, you can tweak things like range, AoE, dmg, and tertiary effects like slows etc to your liking. Amazingly, they do it in a balanced way (incidentally called ‘balancing’).

The world is massive. This will have to be second hand info based on my research, but even the noob zone is huge and my quick trip to the main land, looking at the map I was blown away.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627

Well, the easiest way for info would be to read all the other threads that asked almost the same question, don´t you think?

But to make it a bit easier ion you: www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/239792/Oh-my-God-Why-has-no-one-told-me-before.html

This one sums it up pretty nicely.

Of course there are negatives too and they´re addressed in full in these topics too.

CU

just try it and I hope you´ll enjoy it

CU

SaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?