Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cash Shop Round 2

GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

Complete List of New Items and Prices

Dragon Hide Backpack – $12

Medium Deposit Box – $15

Large Bag of Crystal Chips – $6

Water of Life – $15

Water of Death – $7.50

Mithril Chest – $3

Agility Elixir – $4

Endurance Elixir – $4

Stamina Elixir – $4

Intelligence Elixir – $4

Perception Elixir – $4

Wisdom Elixir – $4

Faith Elixir – $4

Expertise Elixir – $4

Finesse Elixir – $4

Strength Elixir – $4

Rage Elixir – $4

Luck Elixir – $4

Willpower Elixir – $4

Conviction Elixir – $4

Improved Rune Removal Pick – $5

Professional Rune Removal Pick – $30

Please remember that Elixirs come in stacks of 5. Rune Removal Picks, Backpacks and Deposit Boxes are non-tradeable. All other items may be traded, mailed or put on the auction house.

As you can clearly see SOME of the items are again on the scale of ZOMG What're they thinking?

Pro Rune Removal Pick for $30?? Sure it removes a Rune w/o diminishing it but when you jump $25 higher for an item that's silly.

Dragonhide Backpack (Note this is NOT the largest which is the ENCHANTED Dragonhide Backpack) for $12...That's Double the cost of the first bag on the CS which is 6 Slots more. So with this assumption the biggest bag will come in at $24.

Of note there are NO Cosmetic items whatsoever and no mounts no nothing even though they asked us clearly about a month ago what would be good.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from these lunatics and supposedly 1.6 - 1.8 patch from RU are on hold for the NA servers but who knows what the plan there is.

I advise anyone currently playing Allods Online to do so with Caution so as not to get too attached to something that may be running you off soon because you don't have the required Bank to play their game. To anybody thinking about trying it Go for it you can try it but also keep in mind unless your in the Higher tax brackets with money to LITERALLY burn.

I just can't believe I once spread word of this game as being something great...

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Sad to see. Played early on in beta and felt this had potential to be the first decent F2P. It wasn't quiet to my standards but it was damn close. I'd even predicted that Allods would usher in the era of good F2Ps.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Just noticed what you said, there are no "fluff" items, but is that the full list of items for sale? Only advantages, no "fluff"? Quite a different approach to F2P cash shops if it's true.

• StoogeMonkeyStoogeMonkey Member Posts: 185

bahaha, this is so sad its comical :(

hypothetically, lets say they charged a decent amount in the CS, what are all those stat elixirs, strength elixers, wisdom, etc?

perma buffs or temporary? sounds like a pay to win scheme

glad i never heard of this game until the CS issue, woulda got my hopes up.

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567
    Originally posted by EricDanie

Just noticed what you said, there are no "fluff" items, but is that the full list of items for sale? Only advantages, no "fluff"? Quite a different approach to F2P cash shops if it's true.

There is absolutely NOTHING cosmetic available in the Cash Shop it's all pretty much P2P and P2W (Pay to Play Pay to Win)

P2P because at the higher levels w/o Perfume you're likely gonna have a hard time doing anything constructive since they even reduced the amount of gold you make from certain things. Plus the AH RANDOMLY eats your items you try to sell

There's Spammers, Farmers, Bots, Hackers, and sooo many things STILL not working right with the game (even though RU have had it in OB for a while now though recently with the 1.7, 1.8 patches they're trying to give it a Lethal Injection)

I mean seriously with ALL that's Wrong in the Pay2Play Sub Games right now they're like having a small ZIT in comparison to the Flesh eating disease that is Allods Online.

Those Elixirs are a One shot deal and they last only so long $4 for 5 of them and End game Alchemy at 380+ produces ALOT better ones.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

I am confused, I thought they released an update to the prices after the community threw a hissy fit in OB. Now I see this new list and the prices are higher than they were after the first revision. Maybe I am wrong can someone clarify this for me?

No signature, I don't have a pen

• OnecrazyguyOnecrazyguy Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by Lazarus71

I am confused, I thought they released an update to the prices after the community threw a hissy fit in OB. Now I see this new list and the prices are higher than they were after the first revision. Maybe I am wrong can someone clarify this for me?

The Russian developer is either stupid beyond belief (possible) or smoking crack. Either case means you should quit playing it.

• Jackpot27Jackpot27 Member Posts: 7

I really don't have a huge problem with the $15 respec cost. If the game is designed for you to pick a role and stick to it forever and ever, then that's the design of the game and if you don't like it then find a game that allows you to respec as much as you want. My problem comes with people screwing up their spec or messing up a point in the early game. Thank god I had enough info to pre-plan every single talent and gem point, but what about newer players? They make absolutely no effort to provide any warning or suggested builds for people that don't know they need to hunt through the forums for hidden threads, and read everything about certain disputed talents to find out if they are worth the points or not.

Especially in a beta where you want people to test multiple types of builds, there should be a much easier way to get a one-time respec which would provide for circumstances in which people have made a mistake or realize that something is not as good as they thought it was.

Also perfumes...yeah.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Why I play DDO(Dungeons and Dragons Online). It is by far the BEST FTP out there right now! Unless you are into 2d scroller RPGs then that goes to Wonderking!

You can find DDO here! [ Mod Edit ]

Good luck. Allods FTL!

• FalcanFalcan Member Posts: 36

I don't see anything on that list that you 'must buy' in order to win.  How is a few extra bag slots going to give you an advantage over someone in battle?  A respec? You already get one for free at level 40 from a quest (so I am told) , and if you just spend a little time to plan your character, it should not matter anyway.  You could also just wait until they release a patch and get another free respec.  

The only item in the shop that offers any real advantage that I have heard about is perfume, but I also heard you can get 10 of those free from a repeatable quest anyway.

My character is only level 16, so maybe the game changes higher up, but I still don't see a bigger bag becoming a required item.

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

I think I'll be dropping the game for now, it's just absurd. I'm perfectly aware that most items aren't all that expensive to buy from other players ( + the supply is pretty poor due to these prices), but I'm simply not going to invest any more time into something with such an uncertain future.

I hope they get their act together.

@ Falcan: Many crystal chips are needed to merge runes together, and you need -many- runes to merge up to the best runes, if that made sense. And if you were to upgrade a piece of gear and wanted to get your über rune out of it, you'd need the $30 rune removal pick if you didn't want it to get damaged/downranked/whatever. (If it did, it'd be a huge loss considering you would need a ton of runes to get it upgraded again, and Crystal Chips).
    Water of life/death are the items needed to respec *either* your stats or talents.. once.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205

It's all overpriced, point blank. $30 for ANY one item is just bull. That's 2 months of subscription to any pay2play MMO that includes everything for the sub cost.

I love the game, but it's really starting to worry me. 

This is my take on it. Goto a vending machine and they have a candy bar there for $1.25 and you have $2 in your hand. You also see a soda machine next to it and soda is also $1.25. Imagine for a moment both are from the same company. Now instead of getting a soda and candy bar your forced into 1 choice due to your spending limit. That company just made $1.25 off of you. Now take the same situation and price the candy bar and soda at $1. Your going to buy both. That company just made $2 now. Cash shop should be the same way.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• prototypoprototypo Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by Falcan

I don't see anything on that list that you 'must buy' in order to win.  How is a few extra bag slots going to give you an advantage over someone in battle?  A respec? You already get one for free at level 40 from a quest (so I am told) , and if you just spend a little time to plan your character, it should not matter anyway.  You could also just wait until they release a patch and get another free respec.  
    The only item in the shop that offers any real advantage that I have heard about is perfume, but I also heard you can get 10 of those free from a repeatable quest anyway.

My character is only level 16, so maybe the game changes higher up, but I still don't see a bigger bag becoming a required item.

OMFG people you make me scream because of the pure ignorance,on your behalf of just speaking before doing any research. The elixirs give huge buffs and when you are questing in the holy land where its open pvp you can get ganked by one of these elixir'd up players, then you get the FOD that only burns down in real time game play not off line, this is a unbalancing of gameplay that they said they would not bring into this game with all the numerous interviews they participated in, even in this websites interview they said that they would only offer vanity and items to speed up the rate of gaining xp, not give elixirs with buffson them so that players can use them against (but you know what i'll wear that one because i should have known better than to trust that a f2p developer wouldnt lie) Please research all of this before posting "Oh i dont see anything that gives a player an advantage" argument.

• piithpiith Member Posts: 95

The perfume repeatable quest, you only get one, so that is one perfume an day, now unless there are more NPC's that allow you to do more then one of the same daily, you're only going to get one extra perfume a day. I am not sure about Empire, maybe they are the ones that get more then one a day.

You are not the only one that has posted they read they can get more then one perfume a day.

On league the quest is easy it just a matter of running around, and it takes your time from playing/leveling. At level 16 I think the quest should be available to you now.  I guess one could level up a couple Alts just to do the perfume quest to keep their main toon supplied with perfume.

Allods is great, but not great enough to be forking over $30-60 a month to play. It has some improvment to go before most would be willing to spend that much on a free to pay/play game.

• SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128

Have to agree with the inital poster I too sang the praises of Allods online but there is a lot of doom and gloom on the horizon with future patches and Cash shop implementations. Half my guild already not playing the other half will be on the way out when all the Sh*t hits the fan.

This is my first mmo with CS implemetation as they said this was going to be diffrent than the usual Spend loads of money to be able to pawn anything mentality...well that lasted until OB..Great game shame about all the Greed of the owners.

My advice look elsewhere....I am.

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567
    Originally posted by piith

The perfume repeatable quest, you only get one, so that is one perfume an day, now unless there are more NPC's that allow you to do more then one of the same daily, you're only going to get one extra perfume a day. I am not sure about Empire, maybe they are the ones that get more then one a day.

You are not the only one that has posted they read they can get more then one perfume a day.

On league the quest is easy it just a matter of running around, and it takes your time from playing/leveling. At level 16 I think the quest should be available to you now.  I guess one could level up a couple Alts just to do the perfume quest to keep their main toon supplied with perfume.

Allods is great, but not great enough to be forking over $30-60 a month to play. It has some improvment to go before most would be willing to spend that much on a free to pay/play game.

Still currently atm the Empire perfume daily is Broken and cannot be completed the Empire guards are also broken as their AI doesn't dictate them to murder on sight any League within range like the League guards do currently.

There's a thread on the main forum for allods that lists all the current Pitfalls of the game and seriously asks Why on earth they think it's worth the price tag they're slapping up atm.

And if A N Y O N E comes here and says what a few idiots have said on the Allods forums All I can say is Yes you DO need to Pay2Win

Wanna PvP more than Once? Better buy some perfume

Wanna Raid the Astral? Good luck with that you need some serious boosts from potions that are available in the AH from Alchemists and if that's not available you can always purchase 5 from the CS and lose the buff if you die. Perfume will be needed too.

They haven't YET decided on 1.7 and 1.8 but knowing them it's coming...

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

And that guy that does the blog on F2P games here wonders why most people hate F2P game...

Was gona have a look at this game, but now Im not even going to bother DL and playing at all now.

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412
    Originally posted by GamerAeon

Still currently atm the Empire perfume daily is Broken and cannot be completed the Empire guards are also broken as their AI doesn't dictate them to murder on sight any League within range like the League guards do currently.
    There's a thread on the main forum for allods that lists all the current Pitfalls of the game and seriously asks Why on earth they think it's worth the price tag they're slapping up atm.
    And if A N Y O N E comes here and says what a few idiots have said on the Allods forums All I can say is Yes you DO need to Pay2Win
    Wanna PvP more than Once? Better buy some perfume
    Wanna Raid the Astral? Good luck with that you need some serious boosts from potions that are available in the AH from Alchemists and if that's not available you can always purchase 5 from the CS and lose the buff if you die. Perfume will be needed too.
    They haven't YET decided on 1.7 and 1.8 but knowing them it's coming...

You won't buy alchemist potions on AH because AH is broken for potions and just eats them up if you post them, with a tiny error message. Also they do not stack.

Cash shop potions are not just more powerfull, but they also stack. They will cost you few dollars per hour.

The way stats work in this game it is very easy to force people to use CS potions. Your efficiency drops down dramatically if opponent stats are bigger than yours and only goes up slightly past the breaking point. This is reason why fighting higher level mobs is so hard but it can be easily emulated by stats without level difference. This is why FoD is so crippling. This is what they did in Russia by the innocently looking 20% mob boost.

• ryuga81ryuga81 Member UncommonPosts: 351

They were as good at making the game as they are at pissing everyone off...

They got a huge amount of positive comments and reviews, and they are wasting the whole "trust" capital they had accumulated so far.

I have no problem paying up to 10-15€ a month for something that will enhance my game experience. But pretty much everything costs more than a full p2p monthly subscription. I'm not gonna pay €50-100 a month just to have the same chances at succeeding in this game as everyone else. Further, in order to buy a €3-4 item i have to hand out €10, that sorta kills the purpose of microtransactions.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Those prices are crazy.  Just another reason why I avoid cash shop games.

On a side note, I can't think of anything that sounds more ridiculous than people preparing for pvp battle by putting on perfume.  It just feels like a horribly contrived concept to cover up some revenue decision. 

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412
    Originally posted by Daffid011

Those prices are crazy.  Just another reason why I avoid cash shop games.
    On a side note, I can't think of anything that sounds more ridiculous than people preparing for pvp battle by putting on perfume.  It just feels like a horribly contrived concept to cover up some revenue decision. 

Perfume is originally incense and you pray before battle.

[Mod Edit]

Prices are high. We knew they will be high since they made fools of people by lowering the 1000% markup to 300% markup in pass one.

30 USD rune removal is foreshadowing the price of runes. Powerfull stackable pots are forerunners of pay 2 win and just with them you are looking at several dollars per hour recurring fee.

Cash shop games need new publishers, they are all used to running crap and milking the few that fall for it and run even good games like that crap of old.

• NiakadNiakad Member Posts: 36

The way stats work in this game it is very easy to force people to use CS potions

Actually, the plan is not to force potions, it is to force runes + perfume.

They haven't YET decided on 1.7 and 1.8 but knowing them it's coming...

Well, that shows that even GP-s have some degree of intelligence. To force 1.7 as it is now by us, is to ask for a major trouble and rage. The patches are double-edged thing. On the plus side, they do fix quite a number of bugs mentioned. On the dark side - they drive players mental. My bet is that GP-s will implement the next big content patch. With luck, we will say bye-bye to FoD and hello to item Curse. Those that still play this, that is.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please stay on topic.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by GamerAeon

Complete List of New Items and Prices
    Dragon Hide Backpack – $12

Medium Deposit Box – $15

Large Bag of Crystal Chips – $6

Water of Life – $15

Water of Death – $7.50

Mithril Chest – $3

Agility Elixir – $4

Endurance Elixir – $4

Stamina Elixir – $4

Intelligence Elixir – $4

Perception Elixir – $4

Wisdom Elixir – $4

Faith Elixir – $4

Expertise Elixir – $4
    Finesse Elixir – $4

Strength Elixir – $4

Rage Elixir – $4

Luck Elixir – $4

Willpower Elixir – $4

Conviction Elixir – $4

Improved Rune Removal Pick – $5

Professional Rune Removal Pick – $30
    Please remember that Elixirs come in stacks of 5. Rune Removal Picks, Backpacks and Deposit Boxes are non-tradeable. All other items may be traded, mailed or put on the auction house.
    As you can clearly see SOME of the items are again on the scale of ZOMG What're they thinking?
    Pro Rune Removal Pick for $30?? Sure it removes a Rune w/o diminishing it but when you jump $25 higher for an item that's silly.
    Dragonhide Backpack (Note this is NOT the largest which is the ENCHANTED Dragonhide Backpack) for $12...That's Double the cost of the first bag on the CS which is 6 Slots more. So with this assumption the biggest bag will come in at $24.
    Of note there are NO Cosmetic items whatsoever and no mounts no nothing even though they asked us clearly about a month ago what would be good.
    Maybe I'm expecting too much from these lunatics and supposedly 1.6 - 1.8 patch from RU are on hold for the NA servers but who knows what the plan there is.
    I advise anyone currently playing Allods Online to do so with Caution so as not to get too attached to something that may be running you off soon because you don't have the required Bank to play their game. To anybody thinking about trying it Go for it you can try it but also keep in mind unless your in the Higher tax brackets with money to LITERALLY burn.
    I just can't believe I once spread word of this game as being something great...

I De-Installed this game 4 days ago and i wont ever look back.....

The prices should be in the Cent area and not in the Dollar range.

I prefer to play P2P over this "I am rich, i win" bullcrap