Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you add a Deluxe account on top of a regular account?

ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

Anyone know about this?  Just recently picked up a sealed Vanguard Limited edition Deluxe box.  I had an account for a month to try the game out, but I generally only run one paid MMO subscription at a time, so I left after that.  Can I drop the new deluxe key on top of my old Vanguard account, or will I have to start over from scratch?  Thanks!

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Comments

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

I've read reports of product keys from sealed game boxes not working. I think they are so old and the game has so little support that those codes fell through some digital crack. You'd likely end up entering it, getting an error and having to post in tech support and wait 2 weeks while the CSR guys rotate through SOEs stable of games and back to Vanguard.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Arglebargle

Anyone know about this?  Just recently picked up a sealed Vanguard Limited edition Deluxe box.  I had an account for a month to try the game out, but I generally only run one paid MMO subscription at a time, so I left after that.  Can I drop the new deluxe key on top of my old Vanguard account, or will I have to start over from scratch?  Thanks!

Assuming that VG handles the keys the same way as the other SOE games do (SWG in particular) then you should have no problem applying the Deluxe key to your existing account.

You won't get the included gametime but you should get all the bonuses for that edition of the game applied to your account.

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Today I tried to register an actual box copy key of the game on-top of a 14-day trial I had played a while back. It recognized the key just fine but then the damn thing wanted to charge me an additional $15 for 30 days playtime which should have already been given free with the key.

I backed out of it charging me the $15 once I realized what was going on. I tried re-entering my key (thinking that I had done something wrong the first try) and it said I had already used it. So my key was no good now and my account was still closed.

I then chatted with a Customer Service Representative after a couple minutes wait. At first he told me that the 30 additional days free with the key only came if you used it on a new account (WTF good is a trial then if you lose out on 16 free days?). I had to explain to him that I had purchased the game in a store and I was trying to use the key. After the explanation he activated my account for 3 days and told me he would pass my information up the chain so that I would get the additional 27 days added to my account.

So my advice to you is don't be surprised if something doesn't work the way you think it should. I definitely have never had an mmorpg cheat me out of the free 30 days with a full-key after playing the trial.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• Thats very odd, and a incredible cheap trick by soe, how is that even legal? 

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I added a CE key to my account just fine back when I was still playing.

You dont get a free month or anything though.

• sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

SOE is strange about what they call new acct. trial is not new . but if you drop the CE on your old acct then yes all is fine. you will not get any extra time  ( the 30 days ) and strange the fact that if you drop it on any account not just made ( trial also ) you loose the thirty days free.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

Thanks for the replies!

I  had/have an account where I played the trial, then added a box CD key, and got the full month added on no problem.  Though it did require a credit card set up to complete, but did not charge me any money for it.

Having found a cheap deluxe limited box, I may try setting up a different account to add that one onto.  No sense wasting the extra months of playtime.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.