Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cast your Developer viewed vote on classic shard!

rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408

Cast your vote people on stratics. The UO devs often look at this page. It's an official vote supported by Stratics mod.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=185375

Comments

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Or support the UO Freeshard Community!

I still doubt EA will use the ressources to make a classic shard, when the fanbase delivers the same for free.

• merieke82merieke82 Member Posts: 165

My previous post was deleted so I'll choose my words more carefully this time: the mmo market no longer needs a developer-based UO shard. Read into that whatever you will.

• rindonrindon Member Posts: 78

i would probably re-sub to UO if they made a classic shard. I doubt the game takes THAT much to run a single classic server. I know a lot of people that still play and a lot of vets would come back as well.

Old school UO just had something about it that kept you immersed. i miss the old days of it and have not been able to find a game that filled the same roll/gap that UO left when tram came out.

What i would really like to see is them make a server with everything they added up to date minus tram, runics crafting, insurance, artifacts. i think that would be something pretty fun to play. would be the thrill of old school uo with the thrill of the game on hard mode without all the artifacts and op armor.

also, with private servers it just doesnt feel the same. ive tried to play them and i stop after a week or so. the pop isnt that great on about 90% of them. and i think a lot of people that play on them would most likely re-sub to a classic UO shard since that is what they are missing when on the PS

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Voted second age. That was when the game was genuinely fun, uncomplicated, and uncorrupted.

But I wonder if they are just stirring interest in UO. Every new producer has done this over the years. They come in and hint of a classic shard, only to sell their new junk expansion.

And, you're right rindon. The core element that free shards lack is dependability. It may be there one day and gone the next. For a virtual world this is very important element to have, because nobody wants to waste time training and crafting on a server that may disappear at any time.

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

Voted Second Age myself. 

I agree with the rest of you on the free shards.  I have tried quite a few of them throughout the year and never found one that could stick.  The whole community just doesn't seem to work together and I think it for several reasons.  

Most of the people macro their skills all day long, which basically means they sit in their house or where ever and never socialize and actually play the game.

Second, they usually have multiple accounts on the same server.  I'm guessing it's because they are free to make.  So everyone basically makes every character they need.  Warrior, Mage, Crafter, etc....

Also, these servers are temporary.  You never know when they will shut down. 

As much as we talk bad about EA, I really hope they give the green light on this project.  Not just half ass it either.  I would love a full on The Second Age server.  I don't want the insurance, the item based game.  I don't want to see customer houses, even though they are neat, so on and so forth.  One feature I think that would be neat to use is the new Enhanced Client for the classic shard.

Basically I want to feel the adventure that I once had in this game again.  The feeling of not knowing what's going to happen or what is around the corner.  The feel you cannot get from a free shard, but only the official UO shard.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• SmartwhoisSmartwhois Member Posts: 58

T2A was Ultima.

I dont know what the garbage they are trying to sell now is.

Voted.