Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars TV series

KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Thought I'd post some info I found :

Happy we are, for Star Wars series come to our screens soon will. Sorry about the Yoda-speak, but we’re very excited about the show, which promises to wipe the awful prequel trilogy from our minds with all the efficiency of a Jedi mindtrick.

Set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, it will chronicle the expansion of the evil Empire and will be far grittier than any of the movies. George Lucas himself has said that, while the big-screen Star Wars was inspired by 30s adventure serials, the series will take its cue from 40s film noirs, as well as recent dramas like The Sopranos.

Characters from the spin-off novels are set to appear, and – much to the pant-wettening excitement of hardcore fans – Boba Fett is rumoured to play a major role. Just don’t expect to see Vader or Palpatine or any Jedis. They’ll be talked about, but the emphasis here will be on people caught up in the tumult of the “Dark Times”.

Filming is taking place in Australia, and while there’s not been much word on casting it’s a safe bet there’ll be lots of fresh new faces. The only slightly worrying thing is that George Lucas is writing the first season himself. Now, we all hail the Bearded One for creating Star Wars in the first place, but it’s fair to say he’s not the best screenwriter in the world (Exhibit A: The Phantom Menace).

But on the bright side, other people will eventually pick up the reigns, and over 200 TV and sci-fi writers have already been interviewed.

We may not know when it’s airing (2011 is being touted), but we’re very impatient. The Force is strong in this one.

Comments

• corwindearcorwindear Member Posts: 5

Yay! My children will be very happy because they are a big fan of starwars just like me >.<

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

I hold very little hope for this to be any good at all...if only because it's going to lack the budget to make it seem like Star Wars.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Draenor

I hold very little hope for this to be any good at all...if only because it's going to lack the budget to make it seem like Star Wars.

Won't be lacking any budget.  Luca$ and his own studio is behind it.  Money / technical effects are not an issue.  Story / Writing on the other hand...

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by Draenor

don't forget the original trilogy was the cheaper budget b-movies and they newer ones being the big budget, special effects block-busters so you never know

but I too am not holding my breath

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

My first logical reaction is "Noooo", but as a Star wars fan i go "yay".

I mean, i like Star Wars and im happy if i get to see more of it.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Star Wars does not exist beyond the original trilogy for me.

O_o o_O

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Sir! The odds of this show being any good are approximately 20 million to one!

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

I like The Clone Wars alot.

Idk if the TV show will be any good, but it doesn't matter anyway. We just need Firefly back and then the world will be happy.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by TheHatter

I like The Clone Wars alot.
    Idk if the TV show will be any good, but it doesn't matter anyway. We just need Firefly back and then the world will be happy.

I don't like the Clone Wars series, but I agree. Bring Firefly Back Now! Also, bring 4400 back... And Bring Jack O'neill Back to Stargate SG-1 durn it!

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

This was supposed to happen shortly after Episode III came out and yet I heard nothing else about it. If this happens I'm sure it will be good, but I doubt it will happen. As for where it is supposed to be filmed, after seeing Farscape and Legend of the Seeker I have no problems with this. 

I just hope they go very very light on the Jedi, which I suppose they'd have to during that time-frame. They need to go more Firefly and less Caprica on the characters/setting as well.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by Laserwolf

This was supposed to happen shortly after Episode III came out and yet I heard nothing else about it. If this happens I'm sure it will be good, but I doubt it will happen. As for where it is supposed to be filmed, after seeing Farscape and Legend of the Seeker I have no problems with this. 
    I just hope they go very very light on the Jedi, which I suppose they'd have to during that time-frame. They need to go more Firefly and less Caprica on the characters/setting as well.

may not be any jedi

• ViewDooViewDoo Member Posts: 268

Why, o why can't they make a Star Wars tv series that is based on the adventures of a bounty hunter? I'm not saying it should be any of the "Fett" touching on the main story as they do. Make a new bounty hunter, anti-hero, edgy and taking no bullshit, just getting the job done. A "Dog" of the stars if you will...

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547
    Originally posted by ViewDoo

Why, o why can't they make a Star Wars tv series that is based on the adventures of a bounty hunter? I'm not saying it should be any of the "Fett" touching on the main story as they do. Make a new bounty hunter, anti-hero, edgy and taking no bullshit, just getting the job done. A "Dog" of the stars if you will...

/agree

I've never really liked the Jedi. They are neat, they are powerful, but they aren't very appealing to me because I find it hard to associate with them. I like all the other characters in the Star Wars universe. I really can't see why so many people are able to associate with them so well, they are almost completely inhuman.