Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Direct Question to MMORPG.com staff

farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

please no reply unless you are staff.

ive just run a sweep of to game list to see if there is any games i have not played for a min. of 1 week .

now some of these games its been 4 or 5 years past that ive played them so first things first i go to screen shots for a memory kick.

now well over 25% of the screen shots in the " screen shot sections " have been swapped out for cartoons . so i cross checks 7 games on 3 sites and the cartoons were used only in 3 instances of the 21 checks

my question is this " Why is mmorpg.com pulling screen shots off the forums and replacing them with cartoons that are buy far not screen shots ?

thank you and please have a nice day

Comments

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by farfanugon

please no reply unless you are staff.
    ive just run a sweep of to game list to see if there is any games i have not played for a min. of 1 week .
    now some of these games its been 4 or 5 years past that ive played them so first things first i go to screen shots for a memory kick.
    now well over 25% of the screen shots in the " screen shot sections " have been swapped out for cartoons . so i cross checks 7 games on 3 sites and the cartoons were used only in 3 instances of the 21 checks
    my question is this " Why is mmorpg.com pulling screen shots off the forums and replacing them with cartoons that are buy far not screen shots ?
    thank you and please have a nice day

What are you talking about and why are you posting this on the boards if it's not up for discussion?  Try sending a PM or an email if you don't want non-staff replies...

~Ripper

• farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

please learn to read befor you post . the first line really would have helped you

2nd as long as the post meets the criteria for the section its in " humm this post is 100% about mmo's and the part that i feel most important to me "

now you wish to sensor my post single it out that great "this post would better be a pm" really hum and 4 days of no reply from 3 e-mails no sir they refuse to answer this question

so i will post this question here every day untill they do

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

Actually, you are asking about why the site is doing something and not anything about MMORPG games specifically so you belong in Site suggestions, not general discussions.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• illanadanillanadan Member Posts: 314

LOL! You are posting a message on an open forum and expect to only get staff replies?

Thats like posting in the STO forum "This game is the best!" and asking trolls not to post.

Your best bet is to wait for a response to your PM's and/or emails.

- Case: Thermaltake Kandalf Black Chassis
    - CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz (OC'd 4.2GHz on Water Cooling)
    - Memory: Mushkin 8Gb (4x 2Gb) DDR3 1600Mhz
    - HDD: Dual Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
    - GFX: (2) XFX Radeon HD 5870 in CrossFire - New upgrade! :)

"I like wow, I like aion and I like AoC all for different reasons.....the later cause i get to see boobs, but still its a reason!!" - Sawlstone

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

I think your question would get a answer if you posted examples of said games you checked and where the screenshots do no match anything that is in-game.

I just took the time to check 20-30 games and all of the screenshots I seen for them looked like they where screenshots from said games. I haven't encounted any of these cartoons you are talking about, atleast not with any of the games I checked. I am not about to go through and check them all as there are over 300 games in the listing.

You also have to remember a section of the screenshots are also member posted screenshots. Anyone can take a screencap from anywhere in the game and post it up there. The Exclusive Screenshots are just that. Exclusive Screenshots sent in from the development team or CM of said game for posting on MMORPG.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Next time you might want to consider posting this at the proper page if you want to direct something to MMORPG staff only: http://www.mmorpg.com/contactus.cfm

So instead of telling people to read your first line, think about what you are going to post next time before making a post in a general discussion section.

Also your post does NOT meet the criteria to be in this section as you don't want people to discuss this topic. Which this section is ALL about to discuss things among the members of this website.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

/streaks through thread

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

/streaks through thread

/yells Don't look Ethel!

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

/streaks through thread

/streaks through thread with Wickedjelly

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    Originally posted by VaultFairy

/streaks through thread

/streaks through thread with Wickedjelly

OMG... they're... MULTIPLYING!

@OP:  You threatening to "post this topic till it gets answer" will more then likely constitute spam and the staff you're trying to get answers from will more then likely either suspend your account or ban you outright.  There's a right way and a wrong way to do things.  You picked the wrong one.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Cartoons? Can you link some examples please?

• farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

cabal  not srceen shots cartoons

DDO mix cartoon a screen shot

want proof key word search the word farfanugon in photobucket  my account is open to veiw to all i picked these to games do to the fact theres so many SS of each on that account