Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On a Scale or Rating,what would you give Runescape and why?

ZacruneZacrune Member Posts: 126
I give Runescape a 5 out of 5 for the best development of a game,even though most people here at MMORPG.COM,might say that this game sucks,The game is the #1 Free to pay MMO Browser game(In my opinion),PvP is very exciting because it challenges you and other people's of skills to see how really strong you are,and New Updates are really making the game experience Great.Thats why i give it a 5 out of 5.

Comments

• rotvrotv Member Posts: 3

I agree, I've been a supporter of Jagex for nearly 7 years. it started out just being just some game that my friend introduced me to, but it grew into a game i knew alot about. The only thing i don't like is the community, all the 5 year-olds running around with their insults. But as a member, you don't see much of that. (mainly a f2p problem)

Id give it a 4.5/5, I love the grind-the skills-and the friends you make along the way, even if they end up an ancient name on your friends list in a year.

SirEisenhorn

• CitiusCitius Member Posts: 69

Runescape really grinded my gears when they removed the wilderness.  Plus the lack of free content, I completed all the free quest years ago now all I need to do is work on my skills, nothing to exciting.  

If only they offered the 5 dollar one time fee like they use to 

Played: World of Warcraft (5Y), WarHammer (3M), Anarchy Online, Runescape (5+Y), Lord of the Rings Online, Runes of Magic, City of Heroes/Villains, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Fallen Earth (1M)

Currently Playing: Guild Wars
    Currently Trying: None
    Taking a Break From: EVE Online

• drazzahdrazzah Member UncommonPosts: 437

Runescape was the game that introduced me into the MMO world. I am not a fan of all the new changes but the game was great when i played it. I love how you could train just about anything and be anything you wanted to be. I'd give it a 8 / 10

• wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir Member UncommonPosts: 563

RS was my first game 10 years ago and have the most amount of features that I have seen in any game. There are countless hours of gameplay that it would take forever to do everything. The only problem is the immature and arrogant community but I'm not saying that everyone is like that. There's just too many kids in the game.

• BathnorBathnor Member UncommonPosts: 137

I've been playing Runescape lately. I think it's a great sandbox game. The quests are also very unique. Theres a lot more to them than kill X bunnies and bring me there nostrils. Granted the community can be immature, but thats what the ignore feature is for. There are mature people who play it. I'm looking foward to the exp weekend. I'd rate it a 9/10. Runescape is my sandbox game and EQ2 is my themepark game.

• AladyleynaAladyleyna Member Posts: 269

I would give Runescape an 8 out of 10. Runescape seems to be a game that a lot of people love to bash, and yes, while they do give some valid points, I feel that Runscape still deserves a high score. This is because of the sheer amount of things you can do in the game. It probably has the most amount of skills I've ever seen in any of the games I play, and I absolutely love the crafting. The crafting is extremely deep, and there is a wide variety of things you can make in the game that would benefit you, whether inside or outside battle, like herb lore to make potions, for example. Oh, and there's player housing as well; one of the few games that actually has that, though it is a huge gold sink, at least it still has player housing.

I admit that I'm not a very big fan of the fighting, but I absolutely love the crafting. Though I have to agree with some people on the community as well. I notice that the players on the member worlds don't really interact with each other, or maybe it's just the places that I frequent. Yet, when I played on the free worlds, someone actually gave me a whole silver armour set, along with a cap and some jewelery as well. 

Main characters:
    Jinn Gone Quiet (Guild Wars)
    Princess Pudding (Guild Wars)

• LausyLausy Member Posts: 11

Id give it an 8 out of 10. I would rate it higher if the GE and wildly were never changed.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Back before WoW came out I would have laughed at you and given it a 2 out of 10. Any poor fool I knew playing that game was an 11 year old in computer class it seem. And one of my friends, refused to play DAoC or EverQuest, but she had a high level character on Runescape. She found EQ and DAoC to be boring. Until WoW came out, then she fell in love with that. Shows you the demographic WoW was working with... 

Post WoW, where almost all MMOs are absolute junk, watered down, simple, stagnant money grubbing games, Runescape actually almost looks DEEP

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171

I like how almost all the people rating the game as good have almost no posts and or recent join dates. Runescape was ones a very good game for it’s time with good caring developers that actually cared about their players and game and not just as much profit  they could get out of the game, but that’s changed in recent years. Nowadays jagex doesn’t give a flying damn about their game. They only care about how much money they can get out of the game with as little effort as possible.

Rating the new game after the downgrades I’d give it a solid 4.0/10 with 5.0 being an average mmo on my scale. This is coming from a vet that started in early 01 before there was even a right click option.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

I'm biased because I don't believe in browser-based MMOs (I prefer to play MMORPGs using everything you can get from hardware and technology, or at least scalable according to what you can afford, and that includes graphics, after all, you're going to spend quite some time with it). It's that point where they aim so much on accessibility that they lose some people - that's bound to happen, there is no perfect game otherwise we would ALL be playing it and there would be no demand for even one different game. There would be no plural form for games, and game would be the game name.

With that in mind, the rating I give to Runescape nowadays is a 2/10.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It is a game catered to a VERY young crowd,i doubt an older person would give it more than a 4/10,maybe 15 years ago it would shine but not right now.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JorikuzaJorikuza Member Posts: 46

I give it an 8/10, I like it because I've only seen one guy at the max level out of the million or so players I've passed.

"I went to the store to buy a candle holder. They were out, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg