Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems with Customer Service @ SOE

2»

Comments

• NC4OMNC4OM Member Posts: 16

My 2cents

-The account was never yours, it's SoE's and you use it.

-The information you provided is now theirs, depending on the ua, who knows what you've allowed them to do with it. 

If it was ok when you were not banned, why is not ok now? what do you think they are gonna do with it?

Question, if you got mad at your favorite pizza place, would call them up and ask them to delete your customer file? i think not. 

Been bangn' since pong

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by JinDeo

My 2cents

-The information you provided is now theirs, depending on the ua, who knows what you've allowed them to do with it. 

If it was ok when you were not banned, why is not ok now? what do you think they are gonna do with it?

Question, if you got mad at your favorite pizza place, would call them up and ask them to delete your customer file? i think not. 

1) SOE created his account? Negative. The ACCOUNT is his as much as my bank account is mine. The data and information entered is HIS, IMO, that makes it identity theft if SOE is claiming it's theirs.

2) The account DATA is not SOE's, it is personal and confidential information that customers provide for access to the game, not something I turn over to SOE to do with as they please. I provide it for their service, nothing more.

3) It was OK when he had access because it was the only way he was ALLOWED access the game...huge difference mate.

• NC4OMNC4OM Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by TUX426

My 2cents

1) SOE created his account? Negative. The ACCOUNT is his as much as my bank account is mine. The data and information entered is HIS, IMO, that makes it identity theft if SOE is claiming it's theirs.

2) The account DATA is not SOE's, it is personal and confidential information that customers provide for access to the game, not something I turn over to SOE to do with as they please. I provide it for their service, nothing more.

3) It was OK when he had access because it was the only way he was ALLOWED access the game...huge difference mate.

permission by submission

let me clarify, because the account "required" this information to be complete, he's permitting them to have the information by submitting it, follow me so far? The information is now theirs, not his name or credit card thats owned by the government and the credit card company but, that's a whole other story /wink.

short version, your beat OP.

"I provide it for their service, nothing more." you answered it in your answer.

Been bangn' since pong

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by TUX426

My 2cents

permission by submission

let me clarify, because the account "required" this information to be complete, he's permitting them to have the information by submitting it, follow me so far? The information is now theirs, not his name or credit card thats owned by the government and the credit card company but, that's a whole other story /wink.

short version, your beat OP.

"I provide it for their service, nothing more." you answered it in your answer.

Honestly, it's all moot. With everything being electronic these days, once it's entered, it's ALL recorded forever in digital form. That doesn't change the fact that HOW SoE did this is pathetic.

• SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336

Why don't you simply read EULA or whatever this thing is called? I am pretty sure they are legally obligated to have their policies, rules and regulations transparent. There should be something regarding account regulations as well.