Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perfect World Entertainment Announces "Forsaken World"

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 2, 2010 – Redwood City, Calif. - Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a wholly owned US subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD), today unveiled the new teaser site for Forsaken World, confirming that this behemoth title will be coming to North America. Formerly developed under codename Project EM and previously announced in China, Forsaken World is an all new 3D fantasy MMORPG that breaks new ground by bringing together the best of eastern and western cultures.

“Forsaken World highlights our commitment to bringing the highest quality, free-to-play gaming experience to North America.

This is the teaser site.  fw.perfectworld.com/intro

Comments

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Perfect World always did have a good head on their shoulders. They tend to bring games that many gamers can relate to; such as Perfect World International. Games that are good, that bring Eastern and Western types of content with them.

I expect no less from their current project.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

Any chance of being told the release date?

Since it's only a localization of the game.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

the intro page looks stunning. And even a vampire class..? *signs up for beta*

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Reizla

the intro page looks stunning. And even a vampire class..? *signs up for beta*

hehe.  I saw the vampire class to, chuckled, and thought it's going to be an interesting blend. 

• UknownAspectUknownAspect Member Posts: 277

Judging by their flash site alone, it looks like an interesting game.  The armor and weapon designs seen in the concept are look like quite the undertaking.  And judging by the video they released, the western style is very apparent (Love the burtality).

As far as artistic style in the screenshots, I'm not sure how keen I am on the city design, but the world looks pretty nice.

Their class line up and race lineup are interesting, but not enough of the game's features are apparent on the website, nor is the story.  I would like to hear a little more about it, in the meantime, maybe a beta signup is worth it.

MMOs played: Horizons, Auto Assault, Ryzom, EVE, WAR, WoW, EQ2, LotRO, GW, DAoC, Aion, Requiem, Atlantica, DDO, Allods, Earth Eternal, Fallen Earth, Rift
    Willing to try anything new

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

The game has me intrigued to say the least.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Heretique
    The game has me intrigued to say the least.

The discussion about Forsaken World and its features, etc has already been going on for about a month in:http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/263629/Project-Empire-Forsaken-World-possible-blockbuster-mmo-of-2010.html">
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/263629/Project-Empire-Forsaken-World-possible-blockbuster-mmo-of-2010.html

You can find information on various things FW there, alongside some gameplay videos and etc.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

the main feature so far that player are looking forward to right now is the AI

i ear some experienced player in china were baffled at what the AI would do

cant wait to  experience this AI,i wonder how perfect world will get rid of the kitting issue!

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

Nice find :) PWE delievers alot of good mmo hours.

To bad Ether saga online dosent get the attention as it deservers (sad panda)

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

I liked Perfect World for awhile I must admit but it ultimately didn't grab me enough to stay.Every other game this company has released I have tried and to me felt like Perfect World reskinned with maybe one or two game mechanic changes.SO I'm a little skeptical about this game but will probably giv eit a chance as the company does at least release finished and polished games.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702
    Originally posted by Drakynn

.Every other game this company has released I have tried and to me felt like Perfect World reskinned with maybe one or two game mechanic changes.

And that is why we love thhis genre :D 

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

One question,what is a Wholly owned Subsidiary?When one says wholly owned it sounds to me that they are 100% owned,yet the term subsidiary tells me they are still run by a parent company.It sounds more like buying a franchise,but you really don't own a franchise,your just a manager in sense.I have heard this phrase used a lot ,i would just like it cleared up for me.

For good reason of course,i don't like leadership from anything over seas except from Square Enix,all the Korean developers imo are sketchy at best.If this is a USA owned and totally free to run the game as they wish,then it earns a lot more credibility..instantly.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Would love if they upgrade or make another game with more advanced features of ether saga hehe but this doesn't look that bad.

But 1 thing for sure looks weird a vampire using a cross as weapon lol.

• arcdevilarcdevil Member Posts: 864

I have to admit the quality of the F2P titles is rising like a phoenix as of late

still that cant make me forget their biggest flaw...cash shop and underaged morons everywhere.

so I have to say (a bit saddened for the first time ever) that I will steer clear from this.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

wow. . .i received a beta key for signing up, or at least a key for drawing, but "Congratulations, you have activated your beta key for Forsaken World!" at least is pretty cool. 

• SuperSupperSuperSupper Member Posts: 30

Another Perfect World Clone?

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

It might cut down on the vampire RP in Goldshire now. Er, not that I do that. Much.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I will keep an eye on this game.

New info:
    http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/2010/03/forsaken-world-features-pt-4.html

- Hundreds of moving guild bases you can capture.
    - The bases can build up, re-design, etc.(these bases have lots of different enviroinments, like gardens, etc)
    - Guild Bases will feature in a lot of things, including running the trade caravans.
    - GUildVSGuild combat.
    - Massive Server VS Server wars, with gods leading the battle.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• ArshoonArshoon Member UncommonPosts: 71

Hey, more elves, dwarves, classes etc...

How original.

No thanks. Don't we have enough of these games already?

If you aren't actively part of the solution, you have no right to complain about anything.

• stevo5566stevo5566 Member Posts: 121

Game looks real promising. I hope its good..

F.B.I

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU1OTY0NjQ0.html

The unique "note music" gameplay of bard class.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON