Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG is a better game than STO

124»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

STO lowered the bar so much its hard for almost any game out there to not be better than it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

I personally think that both games are currently on the same spot. Simply beacuse as a gamer I have no urge to login to either of them, in the end this is what counts really, nothing else.

I would still be playing SWG if it were not for NGE allong with all my guild too, NGE just killed it for us, and it will never be ressucitated unless they change the progression to what it was, flexible, customisable resetable changeable, and skill based, instead of the Linear Class/Level progression is has now.

Compared to what SWG was to what STO is today of cource SWG had much more depth variety, diversity and options of gameplay and would win hands down.

But as has been argued already, what counts is the reality of the now. And right now neither of the two appeal or excite enough to log in and have fun in them.

And honnestly, I am not expecting SW:TOR to do any better or break any records either, it will be linear and class based and as inflexible as any other, good for a couple of months entertainment as one goes through the storiline, but after that?

We will be back here, and opening a thread about SWG being a better game than SW:TOR

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by elocke
    This intrigued me so I googled it and WOW, came across the mod and this youtube channel showcasing what the mod does. I'm about to resub to SWG just because of this.http://www.youtube.com/user/JarekCyphus?feature=mhw5#p/u/18/iJDvGcWSYaQ
    I find this odd because of the floating mouse, there's no floating mouse in the current SWG so that's quite a mod if they added that back in there. The deathstar in Endor sky is pretty cool.

Also I think the graphics before the CU was great before the devs redid the player polygons, but as of right now with max settings on a high end rig the game looks like shit.

• huntardhuntard Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by gary0515

(....)

Point 3: Spaceships, In STO you can have enormous starships, but you can't walk around in them. In galaxies you can(....)

This is the only point i agree with, otherwise SWG will die a slow death.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by elocke

This intrigued me so I googled it and WOW, came across the mod and this youtube channel showcasing what the mod does. I'm about to resub to SWG just because of this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JarekCyphus?feature=mhw5#p/u/18/iJDvGcWSYaQ

Hmmm...holy lag tbh! 3/4 of the video is of the loading screen too. Looked good, but there seem to be issues with lag beyond the norm from his 10sec run through the Starport.

Nice Mod though...just not something I'd resub for.