Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best "RTS" style game?

soka_rokasoka_roka Member Posts: 15

I wasn't sure what type it was, but most like RTS...

Games like, Evony, Lords Online, War of Titans...

What is the best one?

These all seem fine, but the cash shop makes them quite imbalanced.

Are there any others that are awesome, and I won't need to pay?

Comments

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

BattleForge?

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• DrdocDrdoc Member Posts: 27

company of heroes

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Fallout 3 with the RTS mod.

You can build cities, you have to keep track of citizen happiness food and resource stocks. You can search the land for objects for resources(excellent use of debris piles and old cars). You set up trade between towns, you never even have to lift a gun, your citizens (who you can train as soldiers/builders/craftsmen and doctors.) will do that for you. I also use the enclave commander mod (with 40k skins). I never have to lift a gun.

Best mod I have ever seen for any game IMO.Simply brilliant.

www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I'm amazed no one said starcraft.

• KharumKharum Member Posts: 94

I find Rise on Nations the most entertaining so far. I've tried Warcraft, but it felt bit too simplistic. Age of Empires became boring after trying RoN as well. Company of Heroes is praised a lot, might want to try it out. I haven't though. Also Total War series are great, partly turn based. Going to get Tropico 3 today, seems like a bunch of fun.

Waiting on Xsyon & betaing stuff

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Not talking custom maps easy age of mythology, becuase of da walls and the interesting management of resources.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• StormscionStormscion Member Posts: 27

StarCraft + BroodWar 

Dawn of War 1 with all expansions  

Mortal in body
    Eternal In Will

• imp0imp0 Member Posts: 54

starcraft is my favorite rts but c&c zero hour is lots of fun too.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Total War games (and mods) for my strategy fix and Dawn of War II (with the nicely packaged Chaos Rising expansion) for my action, RTS/RPG/good storyline that's NOT about Ultramarines fix. I see one "strategy" being closer to management (Total War, except in battles of course) and the other being tactical and, thus, more real-time (DoW2).