Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL check out the new YooTube Video Hate is spreading

BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKzlE_gBhEs

Some serious hating going on about the game.

Comments

• SilverdaggerSilverdagger Member UncommonPosts: 119

Hate?  Really?   All along people here and elsewhere have been saying that the game has potential.  It is a fact that the game is far from complete.  There's no hate or animosity, just disappointment.  The Youtube video conveys a similar observation. 

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

I noticed that he seemed to "borrow" a lot of comments from players here on the forums. Especially the comment about the "Marketing gurus". Seems like this player is a regular visitor to the forums here on MMORPG.com.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384
    Originally posted by Silverdagger

Hate?  Really?   All along people here and elsewhere have been saying that the game has potential.  It is a fact that the game is far from complete.  There's no hate or animosity, just disappointment.  The Youtube video conveys a similar observation. 

I guess hate is to strong a word and dissapointment probably is closer to what is being conveyed.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

Pink Floyd RULES!!!!

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543
    Originally posted by Miles-Prower

I noticed that he seemed to "borrow" a lot of comments from players here on the forums. Especially the comment about the "Marketing gurus". Seems like this player is a regular visitor to the forums here on MMORPG.com.

Either that or this is simply what pretty much everyone on the internet is thinking about STO. All the negative reviews seem quite unanimous in what they bash, every MMO player seems to be of the same mind on why this game is bad.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by Xondar123

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

Either that or this is simply what pretty much everyone on the internet is thinking about STO. All the negative reviews seem quite unanimous in what they bash, every MMO player seems to be of the same mind on why this game is bad.

This is true. I really only visit MMORPG.com. I'm quite familiar with the people here. I had another account, but made this one just recently because it fits my personality better.

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • DragonSharkDragonShark Member UncommonPosts: 227

There's nothing being said here at MMORPG.com that isn't being said on the official STO forums.

• FaerinFaerin Member Posts: 49

This is all in response to their new offer. 

$39 Box price + 60days free game time.

Pissed off all of us "current subscribers"

We are angry, and organised.

STO will fail before the year is out.

Respectfully,

-Vox

I am take your power k thanks

• TheAestheteTheAesthete Member Posts: 264
    Originally posted by Faerin

We are angry, and organised.
    STO will fail before the year is out.

Why would you bother organizing to put the game out of business when Cryptic/Atari are so determined to do it all by themselves?

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by DragonShark

There's nothing being said here at MMORPG.com that isn't being said on the official STO forums.

Or being said by the people responding to the video. Some like it some don't. Nothing new there.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by Betaboo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKzlE_gBhEs

Some serious hating going on about the game.

Everything in that video is the truth, every bit. That doesn't equate to hate because you disagree.

A bunch of spineless fanboys on the forums were proud to announce they were flagging the video without cause, in their ongoing misinformation war.

The good news is, with an article on TTH, and the issue getting out, even Cryptic FB won't be able to silence everyone.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

The video is correct basicly. And no i dont consider it a hate video, its much to factual unemotional for that. Im curious how cryptic will reply to this, since all of this happened over the weekend they didnt have a chance yet.

That being said im still looking forward to the first content update. 5 endgame instances would nicely solve my personal lack of content problem(that i havent yet encountered cause im only captain rank 7). I think Zinc said in that radio interview that has a thread here that only 3% of the playerbase have max rank admirals(this was 4 days ago i think), which sounds about right when i look at the number of admirals in my fleet.

Dont forget there are many players who joined midfebruary or even later. Still we need endgame content really really soon.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

The video points out that in the trailers there is very little in game footage, it's mostly pre-rendered CGI. You can't command your ship from the bridge, you can't use the viewscreen to accept incoming hails. How is that not the truth?

Originally posted by Xondar123

The video points out that in the trailers there is very little in game footage, it's mostly pre-rendered CGI. You can't command your ship from the bridge, you can't use the viewscreen to accept incoming hails. How is that not the truth?

I have yet to see any official gametrailer with 100% ingame footage. Just look at the awesome Hellgate London trailers, diablo, wow, etc, that had like nothing to do with the game. Its advertisement, like those diet drinks that are supposed to make you loose weight, or red bull drinks that are supposed to make you fly. Its painstakingly obvious which parts of the trailer are rendered, and which are from the actual gameplay. If your not able to differentiate between reality and advertisement you probably shouldnt play online games without parental supervision anyway.

Cant believe the stuff people complain about. "But mom the man in the commercial said ..."

Edit: And i already agreed in my post above yours that the youtube video is basicly correct.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Rocketeer

The video is correct basicly. And no i dont consider it a hate video, its much to factual unemotional for that. Im curious how cryptic will reply to this, since all of this happened over the weekend they didnt have a chance yet.

That being said im still looking forward to the first content update. 5 endgame instances would nicely solve my personal lack of content problem(that i havent yet encountered cause im only captain rank 7). I think Zinc said in that radio interview that has a thread here that only 3% of the playerbase have max rank admirals(this was 4 days ago i think), which sounds about right when i look at the number of admirals in my fleet.
    Dont forget there are many players who joined midfebruary or even later. Still we need endgame content really really soon.

That makes sense to me because with all the flak over Admirals, I have seen very few in game and I've been playing for three weeks. Maybe they're hanging out somewhere far away from the main sectors of space or have just managed to be in a different one than I'm in everytime.

But you're right in that they need to add end game content because hitting max level and having nothing to do is the death knell of any MMO.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Mopar63Mopar63 Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by Die_Scream

Everything in that video is the truth, every bit.

Actually this is not correct, he claims after 30 days of moderate play you will be out of content. I have been playing close to 30 days and still discover new content every day. So guess not "everything" was the truth after all.

Originally posted by Mopar63

Actually this is not correct, he claims after 30 days of moderate play you will be out of content. I have been playing close to 30 days and still discover new content every day. So guess not "everything" was the truth after all.

Obviously terms like moderate, casual, hardcore are entirely up to interpretation. Some people consider 5 hours a day moderate play, others think thats nuts.

• ultrarooultraroo Member Posts: 15

Careful With That Axe Eugene. Great piece of music by Pink Floyd, not heard it for a long time. Regardless of content, I commend the video maker's choice of music.

Anyone that paid attention to STO's beta feedback or were in the beta themselves, and still decided to go ahead knew there was a shortage of content and that the game was buggy and imbalanced. It can't have been breaking news to any but the willfully misinformed.

So to claim to have been in the beta or at least infer knowledge of the beta and be shocked at having nothing to do 22 days in this guy must have made every effort to avoid the blinding obvious.

And outrage at having a heavily cinematic trailer? Because NO game *ever* does that. Oh no. Time for a Commanche grade roflcopter.

A better tack would have been to focus on Atari's cockup right from the start, and perhaps of laced the video with a few facts outside of merely showing the retail price.

Still, it was a nice opportunity to hear Careful With That Axe Eugene for the first time in a long time. Nice one :)

Roo Stercogburn

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by Mopar63

I finished all content just under 3 weeks.