Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

Its not accurate article thats sad:(

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

So they are limiting what classes you can be based on gender? I don't have a problem with that except for the fact that it looks like females can only be about half the classes as males. That's poor design in my opinion. According to the chart, human males have access to every class, human females have access to 4 classes.

Aw man, actually this whole class and gender thing is way too complicated. I don't like it at all.

Edit: Wow, how is that armour supposed to protect those young ladies?

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Oh c'mon! I wanted to be a male castanic slayer >_>

[Edit]

Seems the article is badly informed many people saying the article is bad well hope I can be a castanic male slayer since there's no thief class I want dual wield :D

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Everything I have read from the Devs have stated that there wont be any limitations of race/gender/class. Though in the current beta there are limitations due to focus testing. Though anything can happen I am just putting it out there about what the Devs have stated before.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

That article is incorrect, there are no gender limitations.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

I can't read the article for some reason. Guessing adblock is blocking it. Can someone copy/paste? I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm assuming it means you are limited to making characters based on  your real life sex. If this is true, then I will have to decline playing this game. I'm a Transexual so I prefer to play as women. I don't appreciate being told what I can or can't play as.

This is really a disappointment. TERA occupied the #1 slot on my top 5 MMORPGs I want to play. Even higher than the new Final Fantasy and SW:TOR. =(

EDIT: Ok, the website is just really *really* slow, but I managed to get it loaded. It appears the classes are restricted to genders, which I can live with. Unfortunately, the class I wanted to play the most (Priest) is restricted to Male for the most part. Only one female race can be Priest, which is really disappointing. I think the guys at En Masse will make it more accessible to people in the Western audiences by removing such restrictions if they exist.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • illanadanillanadan Member Posts: 314

Wtf? Check out the HDD requirements:

Hard Disk  -  30GB or more

Does mmosite use spell check either by chance? And where are they getting their news from? Sources?

- Case: Thermaltake Kandalf Black Chassis
    - CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz (OC'd 4.2GHz on Water Cooling)
    - Memory: Mushkin 8Gb (4x 2Gb) DDR3 1600Mhz
    - HDD: Dual Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
    - GFX: (2) XFX Radeon HD 5870 in CrossFire - New upgrade! :)

"I like wow, I like aion and I like AoC all for different reasons.....the later cause i get to see boobs, but still its a reason!!" - Sawlstone

Originally posted by illanadan

Wtf? Check out the HDD requirements:
     Hard Disk  -  30GB or more
    Does mmosite use spell check either by chance? And where are they getting their news from? Sources?

30 gigs of hard disk space is nothing for games nowadays. I have a 500 GB hard drive, and I'm planning on adding a terrabyte drive sometime in the future. I wouldn't even blink at 30 GB for a game.

The memory requirements for Age of Conan are supposedly 60 GB.

• OmarPierreOmarPierre Member Posts: 2

Since when do we take MMOSITE serious. The Developers have said numerous times already that there wont be any gender/race/class limitations. For the same reason there wont be any racial stats/threats/skills. They want you to pick a race/gender/class because you like to play it not because that combination is better.

• kaspertgkaspertg Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Originally posted by OmarPierre

Since when do we take MMOSITE serious. The Developers have said numerous times already that there wont be any gender/race/class limitations. For the same reason there wont be any racial stats/threats/skills. They want you to pick a race/gender/class because you like to play it not because that combination is better.

Yeah, mmosite are the ones with 4 new races coming for world of warcrafts next expansion when there are only 2. Rumors =/= news.

• VypreVypre Member Posts: 180
    Originally posted by Valentina

That article is incorrect, there are no gender limitations.

Thats good to hear, and hope its correct.  There was one game i tried recently, and cant remember which, but experiencing a gender restriction on the class i wanted to roll, was most disappointing; killed the role-play/immersion aspect of it for me.

Striving for Silver Stars since Gold is so effeminate.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

The comments I see here are refreshing. I sure hope you all are right! I didn't believe the Worgen/Goblin races when they were first talked about on mmo-champion either, but I was later proved wrong. Let's hope this doesn't happen again.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Everyone does have to admit that the female characters on that page are sex.