Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars?

tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

Unable to wait for SW:TOR, having conquered Jedi Academy, and unwilling to play SWG, is there any other Star Wars MMOs out there? Anything really, even browser based... any?

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

Comments

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by tehikk

Unable to wait for SW:TOR, having conquered Jedi Academy, and unwilling to play SWG, is there any other Star Wars MMOs out there? Anything really, even browser based... any?

If youve never played it theres no reason to NOT try SWG.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

You should give SWG a try. I don't see why you would be unwilling to.

There's a 14 day trial, also.

I'd play it again if I could but the people I know are playing other games, so that made me lose interest. This is the kind of game that you'd enjoy it more if you're more into grouping with people you know or already found people in the game to play with. :)

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

By saying that your inwilling to play swg I assume its because of how soe changed it?  If you google swg pre-cu you will find a few places that are dedicated to giving a playable version of the game that might suit your taste more...you could always play the old yoda stories rts even though its a single player game you might be able to get your star wars fix from it...

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

No, no, no.

I've played it, and the only reason I played it longer than two weeks, was because of the RPing and the Star Wars setting.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

Oh okay.. well.. try it again then? lol.

There isn't other Star Wars game out there. Well, there's a trading card one but that's about it.

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497
    Originally posted by wh0astar

Oh okay.. well.. try it again then? lol.

There isn't other Star Wars game out there. Well, there's a trading card one but that's about it.

It's not fair. D:

I just spent three hours on Wookieepedia and am seriously craving.

Maybe Fallout will have to do for now... D:

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

I'm afraid its true, SWG is about the ONLY Star Wars MMORPG out there.  Although I play it on and off and imo it can be somewhat ok.  To be honest I think you did the best thing which is get involved in RP as SWG is more of a sandbox than anything else.  There are tons of player homes and cities and people are eager to role play more than in most other games.  Also, if ya got a crave for Star Wars might I suggest trying Battlefront and the Knights of The old Republic games.  There's a couple of decent RTS and RTS mods out there too and they recently made games for Clone Wars series, not sure if those are any good.

imageimage

• OlwyddOlwydd Member UncommonPosts: 12

If it doesn't have to be a MMORPG then you might want to give a try to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KotOR) and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (KotOR II). In my opinion two of the best Star Wars games ever created.

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421

swcombine.com

give it a try, saw it in a recent PC gamer mag.