Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to like this game ...

2»

Comments

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Originally posted by batolemaeus

Originally posted by Rockgod99

More worthless people that act like their opinion and playstyle choices are law.

Worthless waste of time to talk to this guy.

God forbid someone enjoys running missions, it's pathetic really.

This is quite hilarious, considering you're the one having a problem with opinions. The op said he couldn't stand missions and got told that they would not get any more complicated. Then you jump in sperging like a mad man. Not only that, but talking about worthless people? Did you really have to drag Godwin into this?

The irony is that while you were busy shitposting, you forgot to actually post something helpful.

What's Hilarious is that you have a special Eve title and yet you blast certain playstyles in the game. Thought you were supposed to be helpful dude?

Anyway... Eve is a sandbox, My only advice would be to try to get into a corp with common goals and have a little fun. Not the bullshit most of you guys spew.

I'm not down with shooting gameplay styles down like you guys.

Honestly I would expect more from you, since in the past you've been pretty helpful.

Guess Im finally getting tired of the Bullshit "If you mission you dont play Eve" or the If you just mine you dont play Eve" It gets on my nerves.

Funny thing is I dont even Pve with my main account, I just hate that people try to limit others.

My rant isn't really directed at one but the many asshats that do it. You've been quoted for one reason only because you should know better.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Missions and PVE in general is quite boring, unfortunately unlike in other MMO, EVE does not require much of direct control and there is also 'not much to look at' making it boring even a bit more...

• BadMedicineBadMedicine Member Posts: 86

If I got into EVE maybe 2 years ago I'm sure I would have loved it. Right now it's just a bit too serious and unforgiving for my taste. I'm not into MMOs enough to make the effort anymore.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

• viparesvipares Member Posts: 15

My suggestion to everyone is:

- fit your ships

- move to low sec or 0.0

-go kill people

Much easier if you join a corp ofc.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Yes, your right.

The Standard missions do suck for entertainment value, but for in game returns its hands down the easiest way to produce the most amount of money.

Think about what you can get from missions:

Standings (important for reducing taxation and opening up Elite's)

Isk reward

LP Reward

Bounty rewards

Salvage rewards

loot rewards

mineral rewards

one level 4 mission that takes 30 minutes could easily net you 20m + ISK.

But Eve is not a game about doing missions... thats just the easiest and safest way to earn ISK and materials...  Once you join a corp you do things together with your corp to generate money.. and that is far more interesting!

But Epic missions are slowly being implemented more and more now, that along with better AI gradually.. so maybe oneday, people who insist on soloing and insist on staying in highsec running missions forever and day might be able to so with more interest and less moaning.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

It is fun to see the various groups complain about the other groups.  Some people are bored by missions, some people are bored by mining, some people are bored with trading, some people are bored with PvP, some people are bored with manufacturing, etc, etc.  Keep in mind that when people say something sucks, that is just their opinion - they are free to have it, free to share it, and free to argue it all they want; but in the end it is just their opinion.

What EVE offers you is the opportunity to explore a few things, to see if there is something that you like.  Also, just because you tinker around in one area does not exclude you from other areas.  Some people will spend a week doing one thing, the next something else, etc.  You can have a goal you wish to accomplish in EVE or you can use it as a timesink.

The game does require you put some effort into it, it is not just a hack 'n slash with little risk for uber reward.  For some, that is more than enough to keep bringing them back month after month.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• flydowntomeflydowntome Member Posts: 106

Go roam in lowsec, ratting and fighting off pvpers. If you like groups, go join a corp that PvPs. If you like leading  groups, make one that PvPs, because even hi-sec mission running corps will get PvP when wardecced.

Most of the engaging content in the game is PvP, unless you like trading. All of the PvE content gets old, because there is no "levelling" to do with others, and the only reason to do it is to earn isk. You can also do a lot of lolstuff, like frigate races or spaceship soccer, but you can do stuff like that with the forge in Halo.

• KharumKharum Member Posts: 94

Well, I figured EVE is quite reward driven game and in this game it's in form of ISK, whether you obtain items that you turn into ISK or get the ISK directly from missions or use the ISK to buy items. So buying and selling a PLEX or GTC for ISK in the beginning is a big mistake, in my opinion. You eliminate the main motive to do missions, salvaging and such. You don't need to think about what you buy, you can easily afford anything you need and more. For same reason I would never want to be a billionaire in real life, in the end of the day. Being poor is fun.

Waiting on Xsyon & betaing stuff

Originally posted by Kharum

You eliminate the main motive to do missions, salvaging and such. You don't need to think about what you buy, you can easily afford anything you need and more.

I cant agree more.

When friends start to play Eve, I'll show them and teach them anything...  but I wont give them ISK.. and if I do give them isk, its in the form of items, like skill books (usually the expensive learning ones)

Usually as well I log into their characters and do the first few queues of skills...  it just takes too long to fully realise how to plan your skills, and while your figuring it out time is ticking, they need to take full advantage of that initial double learning speed.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Kharum

Well, I figured EVE is quite reward driven game and in this game it's in form of ISK, whether you obtain items that you turn into ISK or get the ISK directly from missions or use the ISK to buy items. So buying and selling a PLEX or GTC for ISK in the beginning is a big mistake, in my opinion. You eliminate the main motive to do missions, salvaging and such. You don't need to think about what you buy, you can easily afford anything you need and more. For same reason I would never want to be a billionaire in real life, in the end of the day. Being poor is fun.

Well, I enjoy being a billionaire in EVE (unfortunately can't say the same about RL) but as you mentioned, I didn't start out that way of course.

Too much ISK in the early going makes Jack a dull boy and all that..... I've seen countless people do it and then quit saying they had nothing to work for.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Thats not to say of course that you shouldnt try every trick under the sun to accumulate wealth!... just dont cheat yourself early on.

The opposite effect can true.. I built up my billion over years by hard graft!... grinding missions donig everything solo..  and now, my (3 billion) is precious to me,  lots of blood and sweat gone into it....  trouble is now I hate spending it.  I feel like those rich people in R/L who NEVER spend a penny more than they have to for fear of losing their riches.

I still cant really bring myself to launch a fully t2 fitted HAC into PvP... thats 200m ISK worth.... I'm still stuck in that 'dont spend money' mentality, and it prevents me from enjoying pvp... or taking any risks when I do get involved.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Sometimes you need to ask yourself, WWTDD?

(What Would Tyler Durden Do) 

Give me liberty or give me lasers