Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the Wasteland Safe? Creepy Cat Contest!

Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Strange happenings are an everyday occurrence in the wasteland. With all the radiation and physical anomalies present, it is not uncommon to hear sightings of Jackalopes and Chupacabras. However, we’ve been hearing reports of something else. Something even more sinister than anything we’ve ever imagined. Sightings of so called “double-cats” have been reported by a few unlucky clones. They are described as mutated beasts with multiple legs, heads, or even two whole bodies.

One clone has even documented and shared their experience: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMXGkMUzyJ4

We are offering a handsome reward for anyone able to find one of these mysterious “double-cats.” If you are unlucky enough to stumble upon one of these beasts, we ask that you take a screenshot and attach a caption to it (perhaps something funny!) and send it to [email protected] by 11:59 p.m. EST (GMT -5) on Sunday, February 28. The winner of funniest screen and caption combo will receive a special Fallen Earth poster signed by the dev team!

We ask this of only the bravest clones out there, so be careful and happy hunting!

Link:www.fallenearth.com/node/388

The interaction of the dev team with playerbase continues to impress me to no end.

Keep up the good work Icarus!

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

Comments

• FuggoFuggo Member Posts: 121

Humor? Maybe.

I find it stupid. It's like they trying to joke around so people forget that it is a bug...

[Earthrise ss in my profile][Coming out Q2 2010]

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055
    Originally posted by Fuggo

Humor? Maybe.

I find it stupid. It's like they trying to joke around so people forget that it is a bug...

I think it's pretty good humored myself.

They're able to laugh at themselves and turn a glitch into a contest for the players.

It shows that they can laugh at themselves, that they don't take themselves too seriously.  Mistakes happen to everyone, it's how we react to them that helps to define who we are.  I like Icarus approach.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Humor? Maybe.

/shrug

Just sounded to me like they were having some fun with it as well as poking some fun at themselves.

They're fixing it in tomorrow's patch anyways apparently.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• rashherorashhero Member UncommonPosts: 510

Humor? Maybe.

You're like one of those happy, optimistic types huh?

When FE have so many bugs and I find it wrong to Joke about it.

It don't find it funny when I drive my ATV and just crash into something in the middle of the destert or when the mob is bugged and don't attack or slide away and then back again. Or when the melee animation is clunky.

But hey! Maybe that is humor!

I'm going for a break and will maybe return later. IF melee OP is fixed, animations, mobs, sounds, vehicles... the game...

Do you wanna buy a Plane without wings?

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Dunno, I play FE just casually maybe half an hour or an hour the day as average. Didn't notice too many annoying bugs. The cat contest seemed a bit odd to me, but since I never saw such a cat and don't plan on searching it did neither bother me nor get me exicted. :)

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Ok. It's just wierd. I leave it that way. =)

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

And the winner is...

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055
    Originally posted by Darkholme

And the winner is...

Lol!  I love it!

This needs to be in my Can't brush your teeth in Fallen Earth thread too!

Fuggo, how can you not laugh at that?

Originally posted by Darkholme

And the winner is...

Hahaha good one!