Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Eorzea be bigger than Vandiel?

Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

Now....this is going to be a bit of a tricky question, but I am going to state my insight on this issue. First of all, Square Enix wasted a lot of money and time creating a huge open environment like Vanadiel. It's way too big and way too open, I believe most areas people have NEVER visited. However, this is good for a sandbox game, and for those who want to explore, and farm.

Now....I believe that even if Eorzea will be HUGE, it is really just a section of the FFXIV world. It's like the Windurst, Sandy, Jeuno, and Bastok part of FFXI. That's what Eorzea is going to be about. But, FFXI had many expansions: Zilart, Wings of the Goddess, ToAU, and CoP which made it one of the biggest MMOs ever.

Eorzea probably will not top that, but what do you guys think?

Now.....probably after a few FFXIV expansions, we'll probably see more of the FFXIV world, it may or may not be bigger than Vanadiel.

Comments

• skoreanimeskoreanime Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Syno23

Now....this is going to be a bit of a tricky question, but I am going to state my insight on this issue. First of all, Square Enix wasted a lot of money and time creating a huge open environment like Vanadiel. It's way too big and way too open, I believe most areas people have NEVER visited. However, this is good for a sandbox game, and for those who want to explore, and farm.
    Now....I believe that even if Eorzea will be HUGE, it is really just a section of the FFXIV world. It's like the Windurst, Sandy, Jeuno, and Bastok part of FFXI. That's what Eorzea is going to be about. But, FFXI had many expansions: Zilart, Wings of the Goddess, ToAU, and CoP which made it one of the biggest MMOs ever.
    Eorzea probably will not top that, but what do you guys think?
    Now.....probably after a few FFXIV expansions, we'll probably see more of the FFXIV world, it may or may not be bigger than Vanadiel.

Already common knowledge Eorzea will be slightly smaller then original Vana'diel at launch.

Also already common knowledge Eorzea is just a small portion of the FFXIV world.  It's just really a big island.

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578

The thing what makes SE did a good job in FFXI in terms of MMO is that they keep things as open ended as possible at the start, but not lacking content.

FFXI's stable endgame really didn't start till after Rise of Zilart and expand little by little without being too forceful.  FFXI was actually a creepy example between a storyline driven game and a semi-sandbox.  It give you alot to do, but you are not always forced to do them.  (By your LS mate or friends is an entirely different issue though)  Only thing FFXI is really iffy about is PvP due to the nature of the game design being about community and teamwork.

I am sure half of the people who played or is still playing FFXI missed out on at least 30% of the total content offered by FFXI, and it only got worse as even more contents are added every expansion or update. 

Last time I checked my FFXI file size it easily went over 10+ gig, which is alot considering the outdated graphics.

Lets just say Japanese seems more professional (and sometimes plain insane) in what they do, and I wish I was born as one.

• braingame007braingame007 Member UncommonPosts: 98

As story driven as 11 was supposed to be, the story was the thing that was lacking, some parts of the game had a decent story the rest was pure sh!t lol. I have a feeling though that FFXIV will have a story 100 times better than 11's could of dreamed of being, and be even more story driven than the other.

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578
    Originally posted by braingame007

As story driven as 11 was supposed to be, the story was the thing that was lacking, some parts of the game had a decent story the rest was pure sh!t lol. I have a feeling though that FFXIV will have a story 100 times better than 11's could of dreamed of being, and be even more story driven than the other.

Hmm I personally think all story in Rise of Zilart was actually decent, and Chain of Promathia being great but the mission was too long and tedious the storyline feel inconsistent to players who didn't finish it with a dedicated LS.  Treasure of Aht Urghan was not as good as CoP, but still quite good and much shorter (thank god).  Wing of the goddess was good, but I have not finished the storyline.

Three nation ones was kind of iffy, some liked it, some think it was rather dull, and some only liked a particular nation's story.

Finishing all 3 nations plus all expansion storyline and additional battle fields was quite a task.  In an average player's progression speed, it literally can take 1-3 years to finish them all.  People who rush more and with dedicated LS can probably finish them under a year.  Those with no life and a good LS can finish in maybe under 6 months.  Luckily there are alot of other contents to play with even without the story.

Problem is I am still not certain what FFXIV will be like.  Wish they release more info at least... for a game due out this year there is a severe lack of information IMO, or maybe I am just being too impatient.

• braingame007braingame007 Member UncommonPosts: 98

Hmm, to me they was all crappy minus CoP, but like you said , it was too drawn out

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

ZAM: How large will the overall world of FFXIV be in comparison to FFXI at the games launch?

Tanaka: Compared to FFXI's Vana'diel launch point, FFXIV may be slightly smaller. However, because the graphic is more detailed and there is more content, we don't think you will feel that the world is small or anything like that. Also, one thing to mention is that FFXI was zone based, but FFXIV is going to be seamless, so from the city to the battlefield, you won't notice any sort of zone change.

http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=19384

There you have it!

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• Second2LastSecond2Last Member Posts: 40

It will be smaller, but hopefully there will be more content actually in the cities so you don't need to venture out into the ends of the world fifteen levels into the game.