Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If the tech demo vids from PAX...

...indicates anything, Square better get on their ass and redo the whole damn game. 

FF XIV tech demo vids from PAX can be seen at youtube...and it looks way outdated...honestly horrible. IMO.

Anyone hoping FF XIV is going to be the next WoW competition is only dreaming so far...

Of course unless, Square revamps the whole game...

[Mod Edit]

GRIND sucks? You wanna be max level in a month?
Since when did society award easy-goers and lazy-fools?
MAKES ME PHOBIC OF STUPIDITY!

Comments

• Naturalist99Naturalist99 Member Posts: 182

2 things

1. - Why is it horrid to you? Graphics outdated? combat system bad? I dont see what you see

2. - All MMOs call themselves a competition to wow, seeing as there all in the mmo genre, of course they are, that doesnt mean there the next big mmo, so dont refer FF14 from now on as the WoW killer

MMOs played: Too many
    Watch List: FFXIV, CoH:GR, GW2, SWTOR, TERA, Earthrise

• krowxxviikrowxxvii Member Posts: 177

Can't seem to find the video you're talking about. Can you please provide a link?

You can't use the tools if you don't know they exist...
    http://www.ic3.gov - Internet Crime Complaint Center - Report cyber crimes to the FBI.

http://www.spamcop.net - SpamCop.net - Report spam and scam emails.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/ - Network Solutions WHOIS - Investigate and reveal suspcious websites.

• mugengaiamugengaia Member Posts: 347

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfKm_EmCpXw

Watch that tech demo vid and tell me that combat system looks...idk @!#!$!$!#$$???

The graphics...I won't comment since it's a low quality vid, but there aren't any better quality vids anywhere on the net. 

I don't even play WoW...but I just find it funny that brining this garbage out to PAX and the FFXIV developer team says they are confident they can give WoW the run for the money...

R U SERIOUS???  

Square-Enix developers make some Redonkulous claims...as much as I've read and seen so far...

GRIND sucks? You wanna be max level in a month?
    Since when did society award easy-goers and lazy-fools?
    MAKES ME PHOBIC OF STUPIDITY!

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/239229/FFXIV-Links-Video-Vault-Information-.html   

I think the graphics are pretty good, keep in mind that they will look even better if they  used something like fraps compared to a shitty video camera. Also keep in mind that probably the people playing the game are have never played the game before so they have no clue whats going on, or its just someone explaining how things are working.   We have yet to see any videos where there are people kicking ass in a group playing beta. 

• krowxxviikrowxxvii Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by cukimunga

We have yet to see any videos where there are people kicking ass in a group playing beta. 

While speaking English

You can't use the tools if you don't know they exist...
    http://www.ic3.gov - Internet Crime Complaint Center - Report cyber crimes to the FBI.

http://www.spamcop.net - SpamCop.net - Report spam and scam emails.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/ - Network Solutions WHOIS - Investigate and reveal suspcious websites.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

That footage is in Alpha stage and the people playing didn't seem to know what they were doing. That maybe had to do a little with why the combat looks slow and dull.

Again, we don't want WoW competition, we want a solid game.

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

gotta love it when some guy on the internet comes on to a forum to basically troll/bash a game that he knows nothing about ^_^.

Seriously do some research before you start sounding like a useless troll. not only is that 2007 alpha build used as a last min presentation, but the people were being told what to do when they play and half the stuff in the game where not even there (if this was a normal game, people would be trying things) notice the Lalafell used no magic, or that noone checked their menu with equipment? noone used anything outside of the shown abilitys? noone wandered at all?

If you want to see what it actually will look like, go to the offical page and check out some screen shots, they look fantastic (and i seriously don't get why thats such a big deal if they are "competeing" with WoW which was outdated looking 5 years ago) Every developer says they are competeing with wow. They are an MMO so they are competeing is nome fashion and what would they say otherwise?(this is mainly brought up for press reasons and the fact that EVERYONE compares EVERYTHING to WoW)

Finnaly like others have said, people who actually are looking forward to this game dont want it to be like WoW at all, its actually the big fear is that it will be like WoW in any sort of way. 

• ant211ant211 Member Posts: 54

from what ive seen so far, the game doesnt look revolutionary, however, the graphics look decent and im sure they will improve some more.

warcraft's graphics looked relatively basic when it came out but didnt impact the game as it is very successful.

if ffxiv is constructed well, the graphics should do just fine.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Originally posted by mugengaia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfKm_EmCpXw
    Watch that tech demo vid and tell me that combat system looks...idk @!#!$!$!#$$???
    The graphics...I won't comment since it's a low quality vid, but there aren't any better quality vids anywhere on the net. 

I don't even play WoW...but I just find it funny that brining this garbage out to PAX and the FFXIV developer team says they are confident they can give WoW the run for the money...

R U SERIOUS???  

Square-Enix developers make some Redonkulous claims...as much as I've read and seen so far...

that video is ancient

• AlbytapsAlbytaps Member Posts: 208

The tech demo vids actually looked amazing to me.  I mean, the only thing I would have like to see is that archer shoot a dang arrow already.  There was a lot of clicking on something and not being able to shoot.  I think this game is gonna definitely have a learning curve.  I can't wait!

• IronfungusIronfungus Member Posts: 519

...indicates anything, Square better get on their ass and redo the whole damn game. 
    FF XIV tech demo vids from PAX can be seen at youtube...and it looks way outdated...honestly horrible. 
    Anyone hoping FF XIV is going to be the next WoW competition is only dreaming so far...

Silence, WoW peasant. 

• CydeCyde Member Posts: 41

FF XIV tech demo vids from PAX can be seen at youtube...and it looks way outdated...honestly horrible. 

Dear Herp Derpingstein,

If you even bothered to do some research before trolling on here about how great WoW is, you'd have found out that Square-Enix didn't even show up to PAX. Yes there were some different console based  games created by Square-Enix, but they had no dedicated booth, and with that, no Final Fantasy 14 demos. Did you even go to PAX back in September 09? Perhaps you have a time machine and already went to PAX East which takes place in March of 2010, and saw FF XIV content... is that the case Mr. H. G. Wells? Nice try bub.

If there are any complaints to be made about this game, its the fact that there are still no male Miqo'te, female Roegadyn, or any new races to be seen. SE claims that FF14's storyline is different from FF11, yet they have two races that have no opposite sex character selection, a decision that was made in FF11 based on those races lore. This either makes SE:

a.) Very good at keeping secrets about the game, which will later have those opposite sexes for the races stated above, as well as new races.

b.) Incredibly lazy and uncreative.

c.) Liars, since as stated above, 11 and 14's  lore have nothing to do with each other.

ANYWAY, YOU IS A TROLL! GO FIND BRIDGE TO SIT UNDER PLZ.

• trepotrepo Member Posts: 119

I guess this is the kind of post we should expect since the game is ranked first in the development category...

• StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199

Anyone familiar with Square's history knows that they only release games that are on the cutting edge graphically.  When FFXI and indeed just about every Final Fantasy game they've ever released came out (with the possible exception of FFXII) they were graphically revolutionary.

There's really no reason to expect that FF14 will be any different.  Remember, FFXI released before WoW and still has a very loyal following.  I daresay it's one of the few MMOs to get the "Massively" part right.  It's a shame to hear that they're going to be dumbing down 14 for the whining loners who just want to solo to the level cap, but I'll reserve judgment until I see how it pans out.  I still have a decent amount of faith in Square-Enix, as long as it doesn't involve their customer service.

• FTYGFTYG Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by zanfire

its actually the big fear is that it will be like WoW in any sort of way. 

• Anyone who looks at FFXIV as WoW competition is looking at FFXIV in the wrong light.

• skoreanimeskoreanime Member Posts: 219

FF XIV tech demo vids from PAX can be seen at youtube...and it looks way outdated...honestly horrible. IMO.

[Mod Edit]

LOL

The scared sh|tless trolls are starting to poke their noses out of the ground.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Doesn't FFXIV have a NDA in effect? How is something like this allowed to stay on YouTube if so? And if there is a NDA in effect isn't it against the rules to post on the forums? Just curious.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by Miles-Prower

Doesn't FFXIV have a NDA in effect? How is something like this allowed to stay on YouTube if so? And if there is a NDA in effect isn't it against the rules to post on the forums? Just curious.

that video isnt of the beta is just some old footage they showed

• skoreanimeskoreanime Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by downtoearth

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

that video isnt of the beta is just some old footage they showed

Very old footage that was just meant to showcase the very early build of the Crystal Tools for trhe 360.  It's really not relevant anymore.

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578
    Originally posted by ant211

from what ive seen so far, the game doesnt look revolutionary, however, the graphics look decent and im sure they will improve some more.
    warcraft's graphics looked relatively basic when it came out but didnt impact the game as it is very successful.
    if ffxiv is constructed well, the graphics should do just fine.

Most FFXI community probably say something like this:

"We don't care about revolutionary, we just want a fun game on par with FFXI if not better."

Graphic wise I rather they came out with an proper official gameplay video.  Well eventually I suppose.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Well there isn't much to go by when it comes to actual footage from the game.

And these few videos don't really do much to get me excited personally, I'm past my 'psychopathic chicken killer' days...

Although this is ofc, very early footage...

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• pesh131pesh131 Member Posts: 35

Just because it isn't WoW, doesn't mean it won't be good. Every game is referred to as a "wow killer" these days. Why does it have to kill wow? WoW may be the most popular, that sure doesn't mean it's the best. It caters everyone, mostly by being beyond easy. I would rather have a less popular game that is enjoyable and I can't do while watching tv, eating, and doing hw at the same time. Or probably next patch, play in my sleep.

The video you saw was also quite old. Give it time, SE will tweak as they go based on feedback, and I'm happy to say that doesn't = making the content 100% soloable and  inserting a win button.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

[Mod Edit]

Way outdated

Honestly horrible

Really?

May I suggest viewing more up to date screenshots rather than crappy quality hand-held videos?

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• Second2LastSecond2Last Member Posts: 40

Looks pretty amazing to me.