Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will you be affected by the 2011 release date?

Comments

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

To me it just means I got little interest in MMO's nor do I want to invest any time in any until then.

Then I will get my hopes up and hype for it will go through the roof. 

Only to be let down and dissapointed no matter HOW well the game is made because NOTHING will be able to live up to the hype I have in my head of how AWE -   wait    for   it    - SOME this game is going to be.

That what you were looking for?

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• ErythrocyteErythrocyte Member Posts: 103

I'd only be disappointed if it got released uncompleted.  I hope they have it completed, tested, and have the first year or two of patch updates done before releasing anything.  There's a lot of pressure for these companies to get their product to market, those that are strong enough to hold-out till it's really ready before releasing their product should be commended.

• TSameeTSamee Member Posts: 42

The two main elements in TOR (from what I've seen) seem to be the story and the amount of content. BioWare RPGs can take between 35 and 80 hours to complete, so let's use 55 hours as an estimate. They're saying that this'll be bigger than KOTOR (no idea how long it takes to finish), Dragon Age (80 hours with sidequests), Mass Effect (50 hours) and Mass Effect 2 (35 hours) put together. Those're the words of the game's creative director.

Fine, it might just be PR, but if we're talking a game of greater proportions than modded Oblivion, then I'd rather that BioWare did it right. They seem to want a fully fleshed-out story for each class (so that's eight full BioWare campaigns), as well as even more side quests. I don't know about PVP, crafting, etc., they've only been vaguely alluded to in interviews. Still, that plus the presumable raiding and sidequest time of, say, WoW, and you've got a game with 150-200 hours of content at launch. That's pretty damn impressive. Yes, I know I'm estimating based on very little evidence, but 200 hours is a formidable figure.

To be honest, I've got enough good games (and there're enough coming out) to keep me going until late 2011 (and later if need be), and I'd rather BioWare did this properly, testing and all. The whole "it's done when it's done" philosophy can fail horribly, but I trust BioWare to take the amount of time necessary to make a quality MMO, and not procrastinate Duke Nukem-style. Hope most of the community feels the same, sorry if this post was a waste of your time.

"Smacking kids doesn't hurt them, kinetic energy does!"- Doctor Tobia

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

As others have said... mixed feelings on the game not launching until 2011.

On one hand, it give me time to check out WoW: Cataclysm.

On the other.... I hate waiting. I've been waiting for that other piece of trash Star Wars game to fix itself for years.  Now I've gotta wait at least another year for SW:TOR?  Ugh.

I do hope the wait gives the Dev's enough time to really 'finish' the game.  Not force it out to meet some bullsh*t deadline... like Kotor 2 was. 

• RoosterNashRoosterNash Member Posts: 283

UN.

THE Rooster Nash

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Clearly the greatest affect this has on everyone is that we will only have a year or possibly less to play before the world ends! 8P

• bleedxoutbleedxout Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Drakynn

Clearly the greatest affect this has on everyone is that we will only have a year or possibly less to play before the world ends! 8P

I know this was sarcasm, but im going to throw this out there anyway.. :P

We all "know" the world is supposed to, going to will end.. in 2012.. Why?

Because the Mayan calandar says so.

But here's the main thing the ppl who "Discovered" this forgot to mention..

The Mayans were very big "Believers" and weird about it at that. The Mayans  had a calandar that was made during a time that their civilization was on a form of collapse, they feared 1 thing.. Judgement and it was told by them that at the end of their Calandar Judgement would come.. and in doing so they thought it meant the end of their ppl.. So.. what did they do?... The samething we would do..

they made another Calandar, a calander that was much longer and suited their ppl better.... So they would not have to face judgement...

So if this Calandar is over in 2012, and the other Calander was Shorter, then the world should have ended already... Hence, 2012 Debunked.

What's your Spell rotation in WoW?

What's a spell rotation? i just punch my keyboard!

Dk's = Fail..

Im a Ret pally moron!!

• NamicoNamico Member Posts: 40

Not at all.. I really want to see a finished game release for once!

• japojapo Member Posts: 306

How can someone be affected by something that doesn't exist yet?

Originally posted by bleedxout

The Mayans were very big "Believers" and weird about it at that. The Mayans  had a calandar that was made during a time that their civilization was on a form of collapse, they feared 1 thing.. Judgement and it was told by them that at the end of their Calandar Judgement would come.. and in doing so they thought it meant the end of their ppl.. So.. what did they do?... The samething we would do..

they made another Calandar, a calander that was much longer and suited their ppl better.... So they would not have to face judgement...

So if this Calandar is over in 2012, and the other Calander was Shorter, then the world should have ended already... Hence, 2012 Debunked.

Two things:

1.) The Mayans didn't actually say that it would be the end of the world, just a serious catastrophic event.

2.) This was not based entirely on beliefs, but on the stars.

The astrological calendar is comparable to the Mayan calendar in several facets, almost identical in concept. In and around the end of 2012, the astrological calendar shows that it will be a changing of ages. We will move into the age of Aquarius, which I'm hoping means WATERWORLD!!! That would be awesome...

THE Rooster Nash

• Dave3216Dave3216 Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by brostyn

What kind of silly question is this?

I don't even know how to respond. I will live my life like I have for the past 31 years. Doesn't effect me at all.

The question I pose to you is why would this effect you at all? Do you plan on not being around in 2011?

+1 Agreed.  Seriously people do you read the crap you post on here.

• bleedxoutbleedxout Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by RoosterNash

Two things:

1.) The Mayans didn't actually say that it would be the end of the world, just a serious catastrophic event.

2.) This was not based entirely on beliefs, but on the stars.

The astrological calendar is comparable to the Mayan calendar in several facets, almost identical in concept. In and around the end of 2012, the astrological calendar shows that it will be a changing of ages. We will move into the age of Aquarius, which I'm hoping means WATERWORLD!!! That would be awesome...

Stars was only based by the alignment of the planets, Apparently ever few thousands of years or something it happens.

Calendar is what they believed would be the end of the world, or so.. people.. their ppl.. they feared Judgement would come at the end of their Calendar, which leads to the world getting roughed up. Hence new Calendar.. New Judgement date

Not to mention the other dates the world was supposed to end, and it was predicted by then reliable sources.

1666, 1910, 1924, 1954, 1990, 2000

What's your Spell rotation in WoW?

What's a spell rotation? i just punch my keyboard!

Dk's = Fail..

Im a Ret pally moron!!

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366
    Originally posted by Dave3216

Originally posted by brostyn

What kind of silly question is this?

I don't even know how to respond. I will live my life like I have for the past 31 years. Doesn't effect me at all.

The question I pose to you is why would this effect you at all? Do you plan on not being around in 2011?

+1 Agreed.  Seriously people do you read the crap you post on here.

+2 Agreed

I don't get it, if your going to let yourself be affected over a game... maybe it's time to find a different hobby. Bioware was never clear on when they were releasing the game to begin with. Then they state they were aiming for a Q1/Q2 2011 release. Then people started going >>   

Me >

*POOF NINJA SMOKE* 

Stars was only based by the alignment of the planets, Apparently ever few thousands of years or something it happens.
    You're speaking of the planets aligning with the Sun and the center of the Milky Way, which happens every 10,000 years or so, in astronomical theory. It's also found in the changing of ages in the Astrological Calendar and the Mayan Calendar, and partly in the Chinese Calendar, the Aztec Calendar, the Easter Islands have a similar subject, along with a vast amount of ancient artifacts to include the Great Pyramids of Egypt. How does Rooster know all of this? I'm a theologist for starters. And a "shade-tree" astronomer.
    Calendar is what they believed would be the end of the world, or so.. people.. their ppl.. they feared Judgement would come at the end of their Calendar, which leads to the world getting roughed up. Hence new Calendar.. New Judgement date
    Of course it was based on belief. I'm not sure where you're getting the "new calendar" from. There isn't anything textbook stating that they created a new calendar. There are, however, many tales of their necropolis (underworld). There are many tales of human and animal sacrifice to their Sun god, commonly referred to as Kinich Ahaw. But nothing suggests a new calendar. At all. I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but it's false.
     Not to mention the other dates the world was supposed to end, and it was predicted by then reliable sources.
    And it doesn't say anywhere on the Mayan Calendar that the world will end. The Mayan Calendar just ends there. People have taken to their own interpretations of this. And since the Maya have successfully predicted many other issues of evolvement in the past, one could understand why people would fear the end of the calendar to mean something dramatic and eventful. I don't. I believe it is as the Astrological Calendar (which is a scientific calendar, not to be mistaken with the mystic astrology) suggests, a great change in the evolution of the world. It should be noted that great changes don't always happen as fast as you would expect. This great change could take another lifetime. It's all open to interpretation.

THE Rooster Nash

• bbethelbbethel Member UncommonPosts: 201

If the game is not ready. Then I am more then happy to wait.

I am tired of these MMO's comming out and not being finished.  Like Conan, War, Champions, STO all these MMO's should not have been released. They all needed some more time.

I am happy to see that Bioware will push back Starwars so when its released it will be a finished game.

NO MORE UNFINISHED MMOs!!!!!!!

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by RoosterNash

You're speaking of the planets aligning with the Sun and the center of the Milky Way, which happens every 10,000 years or so, in astronomical theory. It's also found in the changing of ages in the Astrological Calendar and the Mayan Calendar, and partly in the Chinese Calendar, the Aztec Calendar, the Easter Islands have a similar subject, along with a vast amount of ancient artifacts to include the Great Pyramids of Egypt. How does Rooster know all of this? I'm a theologist for starters. And a "shade-tree" astronomer.
    Of course it was based on belief. I'm not sure where you're getting the "new calendar" from. There isn't anything textbook stating that they created a new calendar. There are, however, many tales of their necropolis (underworld). There are many tales of human and animal sacrifice to their Sun god, commonly referred to as Kinich Ahaw. But nothing suggests a new calendar. At all. I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but it's false.
    And it doesn't say anywhere on the Mayan Calendar that the world will end. The Mayan Calendar just ends there. People have taken to their own interpretations of this. And since the Maya have successfully predicted many other issues of evolvement in the past, one could understand why people would fear the end of the calendar to mean something dramatic and eventful. I don't. I believe it is as the Astrological Calendar (which is a scientific calendar, not to be mistaken with the mystic astrology) suggests, a great change in the evolution of the world. It should be noted that great changes don't always happen as fast as you would expect. This great change could take another lifetime. It's all open to interpretation.

This is good to know, because my calendar ends every year... so every december I'm expecting the end of the world..  Then when it doesn't I have to go out and get a whooole new calendar... just so I know when the revised "end of the world" date is.

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

That means that I will only have 12-18 months to play before the world ends on December 21, 2012

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• NamicoNamico Member Posts: 40

The world whas also suppost to end 10 years ago also (2000)

it whas also going to end in 2001 - 2004 - 2007 - 2008 -

It is also going to end "this year" (2010) - 2011 - (2012) - 2016 - 2034 - 2047

All based on different religions and "retarded Ideas".. theres acturlly over 200 predictions, and these i listed here are among the only ones left.. they are always wrong,  why even care!

Originally posted by Namico

The world whas also suppost to end 10 years ago also (2000)
    it whas also going to end in 2001 - 2004 - 2007 - 2008 -
    It is also going to end "this year" (2010) - 2011 - (2012) - 2016 - 2034 - 2047
    All based on different religions and "retarded Ideas".. theres acturlly over 200 predictions, and these i listed here are among the only ones left.. they are always wrong,  why even care!

I don't care. And the Y2K prediction was hardly worth writing home about. I was merely stating that the other guy was wrong. No second calendar from the Mayans.

But, who knows? The boy cried wolf how many times before being eaten? Maybe we're crying wolf for a reason. There are government conspiracy theories that believe that the US government operates in the same way. Aliens in the movies? Must be that aliens don't exist. Santa? Ah, that guy couldn't possibly fit into a chimney. Well, I'm probably gonna sound crazy when I say this but, "I SEEN EM!!! I SEEN SANTA SERVIN SOME ALIENS A CAN O WHOOP ASS!" I only wish I had a camera to prove it. Maybe then, I'd still have friends...

And, in case the end of the world DOES by chance happen in 2012, BioWare better speed things up just a tad!!!

THE Rooster Nash

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

I'd rather they take as much time as possible to make a fully polished and ready product.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

should be forbidden to announce your MMO more than 3 months before release.... ;P

and do think bioware had thought it would be finished sooner than this. aint jumping on the band wagon that they pushed release because of all the MMO releases this year.....they got a strong brand  here.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Delayed? There isnt even an official release date announced. Why? Because its not finished yet. Thats all we know.

Stop making up stuff.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

I plan to kill myself in 2010 because the game wont be released.....

Uhh... what?

• GismolandGismoland Member UncommonPosts: 79

Think of it this way, You wanna see an all Time BioWare Product with ME 2 Graphic Engine or the Fact it will be like STO on release? Personally the Graphic Engine will be FTW!, but then you have to consider it's 10months away now..

The only effect I'm getting is the Crap they are coming out with this year alone, STO serious crash n burn, and Global Agenda *hmm did we play Tribes?*.. With the up and coming releases for 2010 there is some hope for future MMO's

P.S. Rumor has it there is a Mass Effect MMO on the make.. "CHEERS FOR JOY!!"

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611
    Originally posted by Gismoland

P.S. Rumor has it there is a Mass Effect MMO on the make.. "CHEERS FOR JOY!!"

....i will cry

Uhh... what?