Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eldritch Eponym ~A FFXIV Linkshell & Company~

KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Eldritch Eponym: 

• Linkshell HQ: Central USA

• Play-style: Casual Social PvE

• Language: English

• End-Game: Minor Concern

• Crafting: Major Enthusiasm

• Voice Support: Ventrilo

• Age Limit: 18+

Mission Statement

Eldritch Eponym aims to be a Casual & Social Linkshell with friendly, mature members and are a Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV community whom accept gamers of all races and ethnicity from around the world.   We are an LS that plans to do many things together and as often as possible.  None of this always playing with PUGs, ignoring and being rude to members and never doing anything together; which appears to be quite the plague upon most guilds in other MMOs and we wish to break that mold!

Its always about the journey and the adventures we have together...

I believe I speak for almost everyone that joins our Linkshell when I say, "We've all been in an umpteen number of guilds in-tens-if-not-hundreds of MMOs, and it always turns out the same.  You end up as just another #number in a guild rife with misconceptions and false pretenses.  For what though we ask cause the leadership and other members don't care about you, did they even notice a new member joined?  And should you attempt to ask for help or even a simple question all you get is silence, or...wait for it...snide remarks consisting of 'noob', 'learn to play' and 'just go join a PUG' so we ask again, what is the purpose of such a guild that operates like that!?"

Anyway, lets forget all about how disguised those other guilds are with their explosive frivolity and talk more about us.  We value a gregarious community, reaching out for companionship and presenting each other with greetings and fond farewells until next we meet.  During our journeys together we are eager to find that 'massively' bondability which has been escaping MMOs in favor of the solitary adventurer.  And we are new player amicable, seeking to recognize you as a member; should you show us the willingness of self-discovery and the capacity to learn and abide by our guidelines and rules. 

However, should we find you to be one of those anti-social soloists with an explosive frivolity attitude, you'll find yourself most unwelcomed here... 

If you'd like to know more, then please visit our new 'Info' page where you can learn everything about us, including our Guidelines and rules as well as how to join us... We also have a new 'Links' page with you guessed it, links to every official FFXI and FFXIV Website, including many of the most popular and useful fansites for both MMOs.  Plus there are even RSS Feeds for both posted there too...

We look forward to meeting more gamers interested in joining us in FFXI while we await the launch of FFXIV. We'll meet you on our forums...or in Vana'diel...and eventually in Hydaelyn!

Comments

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

Great values indeed for a linkshell, I wish you guys over at Eldritch Eponym the best of luck!

• local93bclocal93bc Member Posts: 353

Iv just recently started playing FFxi in anticipation of xiv With Eldritch Eponym.  One month into my subscrpition already, and haveing to much fun.

It hasent been easy to start playing a game of xi Grandiosity with its 8 years of operation, But with the right allies nothing is imposible.

Our guild leader is very orguanized and dedicated to making this work. You will see that right away from the forums.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Our forums have had a complete theme overhaul over the past 2 days.  Its still a slight work in progress for many underlying features not as readily apparent as others but its coming along nicely and I invite anyone willing to visit our site to stop by and check it out and do lemme know what you think. 

This time I decided on a more earthly look and feel, which is far easier to read than the previous; multi-hued blue scheme w/ silver text, seriously dunno what I was thinking with that.  It was so hard to read the text sometimes, but now its far better...so cheers!

There are still a few changes yet to come, like a better banner and a custom BG image, but those take a great deal of time to create, so their placeholders will suffice for now.

Oh and most of all, yes we are still active in FFXI, and welcome new recruits for both XI and XIV launching later this year.  If you're interested, stop by and read our Visitor Introductions post to learn more on how to join us, and we'll go from there.  We look forward to meeting you in Vana'diel and eventually Hydaelyn!

OP has been updated with our new 'Mission Statement' and links to our new 'Info' and 'Links' pages.  Please come visit us and say hi whether you choose to join or not.  Making new friends is always worthwhile!

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

Myself and a small group of FFXI vets (all adults with children) are very interested.

Sadly it seems the PM function on this site won't let me contact you about this.  

Could you PM me a good way to contact you? (email or any IM client)

Yup, the PM function here is poor, so if you'd like; feel free to contact me via PM on our Linkshell Forums.  I'm Khalus Akuhei there, so just click my name anywhere to send me a msg!

With the immenent launch of Final Fantasy XIV on Sept. 22nd for CE buyers and Sept 30th for those with the SE, Eldritch Eponym; an LS that has been around for the past 1yr, with forums built specifically for FFXIV is now recruiting more than ever.  We have quite the community forums for our Linkshell with all the Final Fantasy XIV news and information you could want all in one place.  Plus to my knowledge we're the only place with links to damn near every official, and fan-site page for both FFXI and FFXIV for easy navigation to your favorite information sites.

If you'd like to join a well establish and friendly Linkshell and begin getting to know us to have many of known companions with which to adventure with in Eorzea upon launch, then stop by our forums, read our 'Info' page to learn more about us and how to join, then create an introduction post here!

We're looking forward to more members to join our ranks, in hopes of becoming a medium sized Linkshell of more than likely; no more than 60 active members.  And do sign up to our forums with the name you plan to use as your in-game character, first and sur name...

• ArmaniDemonArmaniDemon Member Posts: 133

Looks really organized and the "mission statement" appeals to me. I'm in.

Just have to brainstorm the name I'm going to use. =/

Heavily updated our Forum Color Scheme, created a new BG image and Logo, as well as relaunching ourselves primarily as a Final Fantasy XIV Linkshell & Company.  We still support FFXI, but with the imminent launch of FFXIV this september, and the majority if not all our current members boarding the boat to Eorzea...its a necessary step to take!

We welcome anyone that values our ideals to stop by and read more about us, and if you'd like; join in on our adventures across all of Hydaelyn starting this fall...together!

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

I was planing on starting a new ls once the game starts but after reading your post now and checking your rules on your side do i believe that you guys could just be what i am looking for.

I do agree to just about everything u guys have as rules but i have 1 question

While u have a lot of rules regarding the way members do have to behave do u give as reason for not wanting members under 18 that u would not want any trouble course of Mature content which could be inappropriate for younger ppls.

I do totally support the 18+ rule yet have to wonder what kind of talk i would have to expect if u go as far as to consider it inappropriate for persons under 18 years.

I do ask because the quality of conversations is important for me i had to leave too many guilds in the past because i could just not identify myself with all the talk about Sex/drugs/I am the baddest bad-ass etc while i do not mind a tough joke from time to time do i really get annoyed fast if that's all the ppls can talk about so could u plz explain to me what kind of conversations i would have to expect if that is the main reason for the age limit.

ps. Just thought of a second question like u prolly already noticed is English not my main language (do live in America now tho) would that cause any problems regarding a possible recruitment into your ls?

Originally posted by Doomedfox

I do totally support the 18+ rule yet have to wonder what kind of talk i would have to expect if u go as far as to consider it inappropriate for persons under 18 years.

I do ask because the quality of conversations is important for me i had to leave too many guilds in the past because i could just not identify myself with all the talk about Sex/drugs/I am the baddest bad-ass etc while i do not mind a tough joke from time to time do i really get annoyed fast if that's all the ppls can talk about so could u plz explain to me what kind of conversations i would have to expect if that is the main reason for the age limit.

ps. Just thought of a second question like u prolly already noticed is English not my main language (do live in America now tho) would that cause any problems regarding a possible recruitment into your ls?

Thats the primary reason, for the just in case such talk should pop up on occassion or a few well placed and appropriate curse words; that I've seen some still get flustered by before in other guilds.  {Its a you were warned it could happen!}  As far as continued sex and drugs and the bad-assery talking; I won't allow because its stupid to talk and act like that, and even if said person were to say they're roleplaying, nothing in FFXI or FFXIV would suggest that type of character would/could exist based on the lore, thus its pointless...heh

For the most part every member so far has been quite calm and settled and has spoken like a regular LS member eagerly awaiting a new MMO to delve into.  I've only had 2-3 cases I've had to confront that swiftly quit after I spoke to them, out of the 100+ that have come and gone or stayed with us since July '09.

Even if you can't speak english entirely proper thats more than ok, it is the internet and an online game afterall and with FFXIV supporting all languages globally its more than expected.  Everyone is welcome, but a little bit of english it required to communicate on our forums & Ventrilo.  In game there is always the translator, which I use frequently anyway so minimize having to type out huge location names or whatever, instead of talking cryptically in abbreviations, like so many other MMOs do; leaving a new player quite confused until they get further along and learn them.   From what you've written above you're doing quite well!

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

Thx a lot for the info sounds great so far allow me one more question plz.

I did read in your name police that only names with a max of 10 letters r allowed my chosen name would however have 11 letters so is the rule of the 10 letters a random ls rule or does FF14 limit u to 10 letters and that's why u choose to add the rule?

If FF 14 does support more than 10 letters would it be possible to apply to your ls even tho my name would have 11 letters?

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

You know or have an idea of what nation your LS is primarily starting as?

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

I signed up on your forums. Me and my Wife are definatly interested in possibly joining you LS. Registration doesn't seem to be working though.

Originally posted by Doomedfox

Thx a lot for the info sounds great so far allow me one more question plz.

I did read in your name police that only names with a max of 10 letters r allowed my chosen name would however have 11 letters so is the rule of the 10 letters a random ls rule or does FF14 limit u to 10 letters and that's why u choose to add the rule?

If FF 14 does support more than 10 letters would it be possible to apply to your ls even tho my name would have 11 letters?

The limit is actually 15 in FFXIV, but I feel a limit of 20 characters per name{given + sur} instead of 30 is better, at least for our LS.  Really long names look silly, are hard to pronounce on Ventrilo, and typing out long names in game can be trying.  There is a nickname system in XIV, but I don't see myself using it much, cause ones avatar name is basically already their online nickname...ya know.  Besides maybe dropping their last name off...it'll depend once we see it in action.

Being 11 characters is really gonna depend on what it is and how unique it is, which is a part of our naming policy.  Also if both names are just as long then more than likely not...sign up and we'll from there.

@Xzen

One name was held up and I had to manually push it through...happens on occassion.   Geejun and Xzen is it?

Also it appears that the bulk of us have chosen Gridania to start in, though some are starting in the other two, and until details are released on how the Linkshell system will work in XIV, we really can't tell how difficult it will be getting a pearl to other members if that same system is in place, having to physicaly trade face to face.  If that is the case than those starting in other city-states could be alone for a time, until we figure out how to reach each other.

Bumping and to say that we are still looking for about a dozen or so members to fill out our roster.  Please stop by and read our Info page for more details about our LS and do sign up if you like our stance on community and socialization being most important; above all else!

• cerockscerocks Member UncommonPosts: 33

As a former ffxi player who is eagerly awaiting xiv as a new home i'd like to join. Your explanation lays out and describes the sort of ls i want to be a part of, reminding me of the close knit ls's I enjoyed on bahamut once upon a time. I'll join as spirit or something close to that.

We're still looking for a few social players to join our ranks before launch.

Also, we have chosen that our Linkshell will reside on the Golbez World...

• NekrataalNekrataal Member Posts: 557

Your Ls would be welcome to the Ultimecia server if you feel like changing your server choice. :D

Originally posted by Nekrataal

Your Ls would be welcome to the Ultimecia server if you feel like changing your server choice. :D

This means what exactly?  And no we're not going to change servers based on a single unknown and pointless post!

Originally posted by Khrymson

This means what exactly?  And no we're not going to change servers based on a single unknown and pointless post!

Huh! I was just saying that you guys seam to be a nice bunch & that I would like to see you on the same server I'll be... but eh, if you think its a pointless post & you wont change where you'll go, what else can I say. Not going to waste time with that kind of attitude.

Good day sir!

Huh! I was just saying that you guys seam to be a nice bunch & that I would like to see you on the same server I'll be... but eh, if you think its a pointless post & you wont change where you'll go, what else can I say. Not going to waste time with that kind of attitude.

Good day sir!

Then if thats what you wanted to say then you should have said that and not been cryptic about it with your rather pointless original post that didn't say this.

And besides if you want to play with a particular LS, you have to come to where they are, not request that an entire LS change worlds just for you...thats quite silly!

Good day sir!

Then if thats what you wanted to say then you should have said that and not been cryptic about it with your rather pointless original post that didn't say this.

And besides if you want to play with a particular LS, you have to come to where they are, not request that an entire LS change worlds just for you...thats quite silly!

There was nothing cryptic about it man... you kneejerked, thats all.

I'm already in a Ls & thinking that I was asking your Ls to change server for my pretty eyes wasn't the brightess conclusion tbh. Now, I'm out...

Again, good day sir! 

• DreadstoneDreadstone Member UncommonPosts: 125

Good day sir!

So instead of ignoring the post or just saying no thanks you decided to ridicule him?  Wow, sounds like a fun and friendly linkshell.  lol 

How is that ridiculing him...after just posted what world we decided to play on, then immediately getting a request that we not play on that world and join his instead just so "only this one person" can play along side us.

And as I said, a single unknown player requesting an entire Linkshell too pack up and move to a new server for just them is quite a stupid notion to consider.  Even though we havn't yet started, there was weeks of discussions and polls in our decision to chose Golbez, and changing on a whim...ah whatever, why should I explain ourselves to the likes of such idiocy!