Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall's Trial and Interview with NEW

Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

In light of recent events, I put together a new write up for those of you interested in the trial, and bundled it together with an interview from the folks who run NEW.  You can find it HERE.

Thanks!

Comments

• Praxus1874Praxus1874 Member Posts: 152

That's great, Paragus.  Thank you for posting that.  When I give the trial a shot, I will definitely apply to NEW.  Sounds like a great group to get started with.

Prax

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

When I went to their city on NA last night, they were taking new player out on warships to let them drive them around and stuff.   I had no idea they had access to that kind of war machinery, but it was definitely a blast and the city is pretty nice as well.

• xanphiaxanphia Member Posts: 684
    Originally posted by Paragus1

When I went to their city on NA last night, they were taking new player out on warships to let them drive them around and stuff.   I had no idea they had access to that kind of war machinery, but it was definitely a blast and the city is pretty nice as well.

Did they? Interesting, I'm fairly close to HD. May take a ride down to see whats new.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Thanks for posting this Paragus.

I personally am not a fan of NEW, as I believe they often do more harm than good to new players. That having been said, I did enjoy reading the article and the responses given to your questions. I've seen some very questionable practices from within there ranks and in a way this write-up sort of restored abit of my faith in them.

Every tree has a few bad apples, I suppose I should lighten up on them abit.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Paragus1

Lol ...... that is awesome.

~Hairysun~

Originally posted by xanphia

Did they? Interesting, I'm fairly close to HD. May take a ride down to see whats new.

This pic was taken on the deck of a Brigantine with the new SG at the helm.  Next to it you can see a Ship of the Line where a bunch of the other NEW guys were messing around.  Picture really puts into perspective how much larger the SOTL is over a Brig.  They call this activity "Bumper Boats".

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I'm very happy to have NEW around. There's plenty of noob gankers around so it's nice to have people show you the ropes in Darkfall because it's a dangerous world.

Great write up. I hope people take advantage of this offer.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Quite an enjoyable read & nicely sums up what a new player should reasonably expect to be letting themselves in for & highlights what one sector of the community is doing to improve that.

• Esther-ChanEsther-Chan Member Posts: 288

Really good read. It answered a lot of questions I had. I wish you touched up on the races a bit, as well as the character customization. That was some of my more pressing questions. Other than that, it did help with my questions I had while the game was downloading.

Originally posted by Esther-Chan

Really good read. It answered a lot of questions I had. I wish you touched up on the races a bit, as well as the character customization. That was some of my more pressing questions. Other than that, it did help with my questions I had while the game was downloading.

If you have any questions regarding races or anything else, I'm sure the community of people who play here would be happy to help.