Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Question about cost

LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

I played WoW not long after it was released. How much will it cost me to get caught up on expansions if I want to play now?

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

$15 sub

$30 BC

$37 WOTLK

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

Thanks for the quick answer. 

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

no problem

well i have not played WoW in three years or so, but i am pretty sure you can just delay buying WOTLK till you rach level 70..

save you a bit fo money for now.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

That was pretty much my next question, whether I would benefit from starting with the expansions or if either was focused on high-level stuff.  That makes it a little more affordable to start.

I haven't played in forever but I know more people who play WoW IRL now and they've just about talked me into it. I mean this lightheartedly, but they are a little like the religious guy who keeps trying to convert you whenever he gets a chance. LOL

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by LadyAlibi

That was pretty much my next question, whether I would benefit from starting with the expansions or if either was focused on high-level stuff.  That makes it a little more affordable to start.
    I haven't played in forever but I know more people who play WoW IRL now and they've just about talked me into it. I mean this lightheartedly, but they are a little like the religious guy who keeps trying to convert you whenever he gets a chance. LOL

The expansions give you access to additional races(Drenai and Blood Elves in BC) and additional class (Death Knight in WotLK) and the jewelcrafting and inscription professions.  If these do not appeal to you then you can just play normally until your character is high enough level to want to access the new zones in the expansions. 

If you still have your original WoW account then just renew it and get BC when you feel like it.  If you need to get a new copy of the vanilla game then you might want to get the Battlechest which also has the BC expansion.