Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Version 1.3.4 Now Live!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Mythic Entertainment has announced that version 1.3.4 of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning is now live. Version 1.3.4 focuses on Scenarios and City Sieges, taking into account community feedback on both aspects of the game.

1.3.4 introduces new RvR weapons earned through Scenario play, a revised Scenario list and progression aimed at attaining "critical mass" across all scenarios, and more. Full highlights from the update are available below:

• VFX+SFX Pre-Game Improvements
  • New Scenario Currency
  • Scenario List Optimization
  • Quest Focus - Tier 2 RvR Content
  • Campaign Restarts during stage 2 city siege
  • Career Balance Changes
  • Among other fixes and improvements.
  • · Scurvy Dogs Live Event
  • · New 6v6 Live Event Scenario: The Ironclad

Read the full patch notes here

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Thanks for the update Mike.

Looks like some nice changes and additions made to the game, I've been a massive Warhammer Fantasy fan ever since I purchased a copy of the Fantasy Roleplaying Core Rulebook way back in the day.

I've never been able to really get into the game though, I managed to get a Warrior Priest to R30ish and then it lost alot of momentum and I slowly stopped playing.

I'm really hoping that the 40k MMO fares a little better than its counterpart.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Is it just me or did they give up on further development of world PVP? Every update has a huge focus on scenarios, IMO scenarios are the least of this games problems. When are they going to focus on tier 3-4 world PVP?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• jakinjakin Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Originally posted by Malickie

Is it just me or did they give up on further development...?

This would be closer to the mark IMO.

• MorningStarGGMorningStarGG Member UncommonPosts: 394

Is it just me or did they give up on further development of world PVP? Every update has a huge focus on scenarios, IMO scenarios are the least of this games problems. When are they going to focus on tier 3-4 world PVP?

Look back to a few patches and then again a few more, they have worked on oRvR, and improved it and continue to do so, patch 1.3.5 will focus on the main cities and t4.

Development is strong and continuing.

Also, I don't see anything on WAR's site, or forums about it being live, last report on there is it is in testing.

Ya the patch is NOT released on live yet. Don't know why this was posted as such.

Owner/Admin of GodlessGamer.com - Gaming news and reviews for the godless.

• SuperHansSuperHans Member Posts: 87

Don't tell me they still don't have all the capital cities in the game? 

I'm just cool like that.

Originally posted by SuperHans

They have all of them, which is two. They are going to be changing how they work in 1.3.5 and some other major oRvR and t4 stuff.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

With its "better" server stability, its not a bad casual game..

But they really would need to add some new content to have any type of turn-around. Their new content seems to typically be by subtraction, and rehashed artwork, as amazing as that sounds

Originally posted by AOCtester

Just wait one more patch and they will probably cut all the CURRENT city content by half.  Thats pretty much their way of "fixing" things.  Since they dont have the manpower to truely fix things... then they just cut it out of the game.  Thats what they did with Fortresses - thats what they did with starting areas (the entire base of the orginal game mecanics destroyed by cutting 2/3rds off ). And.. thats what they are doing with scenarios. 

Plz look elsewhere if you are looking for a future in the MMO you are playing.  Or dont blame me when you the game is down to 2 scenarios and 1 RVR map...  Then maybe Mythic will think they have "fixed" enough...

You obviously do not understand why SCs are being cut down in active numbers. They are still in the game, they are just not constantly active. This is because most were crappy, and there was WAAAAYYY to many of them to begin with.

Forts are still there, just waiting to be worked on when the figure out what they want to do with them they will be back, and the only ones affected were the t4 ones, so that t4 would be faster paced, and more exciting instead of a pain.

The starting areas are still there  you can still goto them and play them, they just made everyone start int he same area, with an item to instantly go back to their native areas if they wish. That was more people and more RvR, along with PQs, There was too much spread, they fixed it, they DID NOT remove it.

It will never be reduced to that, and thinking that is just misinformed hatred. Please take your trolling, misinformation, and hatred away from a topic that all you wish to do is flame.

If you cannot say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Existing issues, and improvement of the game come before new content, thought this patch does release a new SC and future patches will expand

• farorefarore Member UncommonPosts: 89

Did you actualy check to see if the patch is live? i just logged in and its still 1.3.3.

Originally posted by farore

Did you actualy check to see if the patch is live? i just logged in and its still 1.3.3.

Ya I notified mmorpg.com in multiple ways now, this patch is not live, nothing on WAR's site, forums, or any other medium. I don't know who told them it was live, or why, because it is not live.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

WAR has less players than DAoC does these days. Its sad

Originally posted by kishe

WAR has less players than DAoC does these days. Its sad

No they don't all you see is US numbers for DAoC. WAR has US, EU, and other servers all over the world. This game has plenty. Sure more would be great, and I hope it gets better, but what they have now is still decent.

• AOCtesterAOCtester Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 431
    Originally posted by spyder2k5

Just wait one more patch and they will probably cut all the CURRENT city content by half.  Thats pretty much their way of "fixing" things.  Since they dont have the manpower to truely fix things... then they just cut it out of the game.  Thats what they did with Fortresses - thats what they did with starting areas (the entire base of the orginal game mecanics destroyed by cutting 2/3rds off ). And.. thats what they are doing with scenarios. 

Plz look elsewhere if you are looking for a future in the MMO you are playing.  Or dont blame me when you the game is down to 2 scenarios and 1 RVR map...  Then maybe Mythic will think they have "fixed" enough...

You obviously do not understand why SCs are being cut down in active numbers. They are still in the game, they are just not constantly active. This is because most were crappy, and there was WAAAAYYY to many of them to begin with.

Forts are still there, just waiting to be worked on when the figure out what they want to do with them they will be back, and the only ones affected were the t4 ones, so that t4 would be faster paced, and more exciting instead of a pain.

The starting areas are still there  you can still goto them and play them, they just made everyone start int he same area, with an item to instantly go back to their native areas if they wish. That was more people and more RvR, along with PQs, There was too much spread, they fixed it, they DID NOT remove it.

It will never be reduced to that, and thinking that is just misinformed hatred. Please take your trolling, misinformation, and hatred away from a topic that all you wish to do is flame.

Existing issues, and improvement of the game come before new content, thought this patch does release a new SC and future patches will expand

NO - they have been fixing the game by removing content - reworking the game core systems by totally removing them from the game.  A MMO content is NOTHING without the players.  Im sorry but if you cant see that a public quests in Dwarf and Elf zones are worthless now when there are no ppl there...  Mythic didn't fix anything there... they just left 2/3rds of the entire starting game UNFINISHED cause they dont have the manpower to actuall change it and make it more meaningfull for the entire game. 

I can say something nice =) 

If you are looking for a good MMO game - then look elsewhere.  =)

• jakinjakin Member UncommonPosts: 243

In the spirit of full disclosure - the list of servers for WAR:

http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_servers

Honestly, if you can say that with a straight face, I give you credit....

I've been playing MMOs a really long time, and I have yet to see one fix all existing issues, and only then to release new content.  However, I have seen some pretty messed up games release new content.

Why do you think this is?

Because you have a core player base that is playing the game, and if you add nothing to the content, how long do you think they will keep paying to do the same thing over and over?

How many times can you take The Southern Garrison ? How many times can you defend Bloodfist Rock before you realize how mundane it is getting? Its been over a year now, and there isn't a peep about new content. Not even the obligatory "soon"...

You have a lower  budget game like Darkfall, clearly with some existing issues, adding content at I would say a pretty good clip, while also fixing issues, and from what i can see, a pretty happy playerbase...

I'm not one to listen to the doomsayers on this board by any stretch, but this is by far one of the most puzzling development cycles I have ever seen, especially by a "big budget" MMO company.

I mean even the weapons in this new patch are rumoured to be rehashed art..

wonderful...

• KalefenKalefen Member Posts: 57

I play War with a few friends.  We have the same reason to play as the daoc folks (which I was once a part of)...we all know the game is on maintenance mode....i.e., no future expansions, just minor patches here and again. 

We (my friends and I) honestly believe the mmorpg industry is just a few horribly mediocre top heavy mmorpgs standing in the shadows of the golden arches of mmorpgs - that fast food master mmorpg that we all know of - WoW

In other words - the industry is dead.  It's been years since a big release ala daoc, eq 1, UO...anything new is a weakened shadow of the concepts put forth on the dollar menu from  WoW - or it's some 3rd rate FFA with horrible concepts that make it a very small sandbox with tiny kitty turds of entertainment.

Call me a troll too - but then I'll sell you some land in de'Nile.

• mjkittredgemjkittredge Member Posts: 126

I disagree with some points you made. About SCs being removed, I didn't think they were crappy. If they were, why did people Q up for them again and again, even after a region was no longer in contention (ie already flipped)? I don't think there were too many either. Having a bunch of new ones to play when you went up a tier was to me a nice reward and gave variety. At least we'll still be able to play them on the weekend I guess. It is in a way removing content though, by way of restriction.

Forts - if you remove all rewards and motivation to play them, nobody will, and without people there, they might as well have been removed.

Starting areas, this one really bugs me. There are some excellent quests and PQs and RVR lakes in the other two pairings. Before the patch that made everyone start in Empire I had some really fun times in the other areas - which are now ghost towns. It was good to be able to get a break from Nordland RVR which is very concentrated with large groups - in Dwarf and Elf you'd run into smaller groups over the larger, more open spaces and HUNT them... or they'd hunt you! You could actually solo pvp and occasionally get some good action. But by limiting the free trial players to Empire/Chaos, and starting the subscribers there too, ... well, you stay where the action is, which means the monotony of only 1 rvr lake in T1. Even though you can go back to Dwarf and Elf... who does now? Unless enough other people do, you're wasting your time. If you sub, you can steamroll solo the BOs and get the RVR influence rewards, but how much fun is that?. So Mythic might as well have removed those two zones for what it's worth.

I think it's a case of "unintended consequences", either that or Mythic foresaw all this and didn't give a flying f___.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

Originally posted by farore Did you actualy check to see if the patch is live? i just logged in and its still 1.3.3.

Ya I notified mmorpg.com in multiple ways now, this patch is not live, nothing on WAR's site, forums, or any other medium. I don't know who told them it was live, or why, because it is not live.

Today at 9am EST

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=1036

So, 1.3.4 is not Live yet but will be in another 12 hours or so.

• DnomsedDnomsed Member UncommonPosts: 261

I played the new patch on the test server and its fun.  Sure you dont have the pve raids of WoW.  Sure you cant fly like Aion.  If youre looking to log in for a while and bust some heads though, WAR is where its at and with the introduction of this new 6 on 6 scenario if you have friends you can have a blast!  

Warhammer fanatic since '85.

• FlamingIceFlamingIce Member UncommonPosts: 120

Ton Anroc is gone? Thank GOD! I almost feel like I want to come back just because they took out that terrible scenario.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

What I miss in WAR is the announcement of some kind of content patch. Not just the tuning of existing stuff, which is nice, but actually adding something new. An MMORPG that doesn't even claim to add some new content seems kinda odd.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Originally posted by Dnomsed

I played the new patch on the test server and its fun.  Sure you dont have the pve raids of WoW.  Sure you cant fly like Aion.  If youre looking to log in for a while and bust some heads though, WAR is where its at and with the introduction of this new 6 on 6 scenario if you have friends you can have a blast!  

This is exactly why I said its a great casual game earlier in the thread...

As a PvP type, MMO choices are pretty limited.

As two quick examples, you have Darkfall, but after about 6-7 nights of playing the antelope to the veterans lion around the starting areas, and nearby mob spawns, I realized this game wasn't my cup of tea. Perhaps I am not as "hardcore" as I used to be back in my UO days, I dunno. This is obviously a generalization of the game as whole, but it happened enough to become a burden.

You also have EvE, I really love all the concepts of this game, but I find the combat and overall pace to be slow, perhaps its me.

I really enjoy RvR, so of course thats a bonus. Contrary to popular belief on this site, I can find RvR action scenerios, or PvE at almost all times of the day in T4. Yesterday during the AM (eastern) we had two warbands attacking Chaos Wastes, we were attacking a keep when we were flanked by an opposing warband and decimated. We lost. The nerd ragers rejoiced in their misery on the chat, and i had fun. I personally don't get that feeling from PvE, getting spanked by twinks and/or one shotted by vets.

Levelling through PvP is something I will miss going forward in all my MMOs.

Funneling T1 into one starter area didnt make much difference than was already there. Even in closed beta, people tended to migrate there, and that was always the hotbed of RvR.

T2-T3 was always going to be limited by the amount of people levelling. The only option i see to remedy this is experience locks which in turn spawns twinking, a form of PvP i will never understand, once again, perhaps I'm not "harcore" enough. Getting "roflstomped" by twinks in T1 is bad enough, and this would only hurt the people trying to level through the middle tiers.

It has its faults, no doubt, and as i said earlier, needs some new content, but for what amounts to 50 cents a day, I enjoy it.. Find me a more enjoyable PvP MMO, and I'm there, but thats a tricky beast to find.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Sometimes you need to cater to your existing playerbase.

The players enjoying WAR right now like Scenario's, they like events and like rolling alts.

So imo developing for them makes sense.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP