Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG and mouse issue

chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

Hello, i downloaded the SWG trial to give it ago - after its launch date which whilst i bought the game i only gave it about 2 weeks before i returned to my fabled (past tense) Anarchy Online.

My problems with this game start and end at the mouse.

I start the launcher and click on the SWG button. It scans and then its ready to go.

As soon as its inside the login screen, i can see the mouse pointer but its frozen. Actually i can use the mouse i just (JUST??!!!) cant get the pointer move around. Its frozen. Hence while i can move my char, i cant use any invetory or options and etc which use point-and-click.

I searched the internet and come up with nothing. One or two ppl had the same problem and even tried to make it winxp compatibility but nada.

My system is :Core2Duo, GTX9800+, 2GB Ram, onboard sound-card and Windows7 Ultimate.

The system and drivers are updated plus i get no problems at all while running, Age of Conan, Modern War2, Street Fighter VI, Batman Arkham.. you name it.

Thanx in advance,  Me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
cried out
And under the ashes of infinity,
Hope, scarred and bleeding,
breathed its last."

Comments

• nubadaknubadak Member Posts: 150

Hehe

Hit your left alt button on the keyboard. There are two types of mouse control in game that will release it. the controls take a l;ittle getting used to so give it time and you will get the combat and controls just fine.

Nub's ^^

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179
    Originally posted by nubadak

Hehe
    Hit your left alt button on the keyboard. There are two types of mouse control in game that will release it. the controls take a l;ittle getting used to so give it time and you will get the combat and controls just fine.
    Nub's ^^

The problem is that it wont render the cursor on the screen. Actually i get the cursor bitmap but it doesnt move.

Imagine that: You are inside the game and you press L.Alt. You can see the mouse cursor but it doesnt move around when you move the mouse.

BUUUTTT the mouse does work. Even on the mouse-pointing part of the game (the L.Alt activation of it that is), if i happen to move the invisible mouse cursor over something it displays tooltip. Its just WONT render the mouse cursor on the screen, thus i cant see where my mouse is LOL

Does it ring any bells now?

cried out
    breathed its last."

Any ideas at all? What might be the cause of the problem?

cried out
    breathed its last."

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

What graphics card do you have?  What mouse do you have?  Try updating the drivers for both first.

Another thing to try would be turning off the hardware mouse rendering, forcing the CPU to render the mouse rather than the GPU.  To do so with Station Launcher, login to the Launcher and choose SWG as you normally would.  Before you click Launch, click the Games menu and then click Game Preferences.  Choose SWG in the list and then choose Game Options.  In the App that pops up, click the Graphics tab and tick the box "Disable Hardware Cursor".  Click Ok and launch the game and see if that fixes the mouse.

This is a late reply to the thread but i thought i give off more info incase someboy experience the same error.

Unfortunatelly the fix i was proposed concerning the mouse didnt help at all.

I quit trying and will wait for the new SWTOR.

cried out
    breathed its last."

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629
    Originally posted by chopgr

This is a late reply to the thread but i thought i give off more info incase someboy experience the same error.

That's a pretty long wait.  Did you have any joysticks or gamepads plugged in at all?  Maybe try removing them if so.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by BadgerSmaker

Originally posted by chopgr

That's a pretty long wait.  Did you have any joysticks or gamepads plugged in at all?  Maybe try removing them if so.

My guess is its not a hardware problem but a driver conflict.    I think I had your problem once, thier was a conflict, I installed the extra drivers that came with my mouse and it conflicted with my Joystick and throttle.     My recommendation is to uninstall the mouse drivers then reinstall.      Other fix is get a new mouse or use a old one.     My experience is the more complicated mice with all the bells and whistles usually come with extra conflicts with other hardware or while using programs like games.

I didnt try the game since then but recently i tried out the Starcraft2 beta and i had the same problem. I read the forums and they pinpointed the problem on the fonts option: If its anything other than "normal" the mouse cursor doesnt appear.

So this may apply on SWG aswell..

cried out
    breathed its last."

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Better late then never, right? I had the same issue.

I resolved it by going to the "options" file in your SWG folder. Open it with a text editor. Set this parameter as following "useHardwareMouseCursor=0". It was set to 1 as default for me.