Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Item diversity

DraakskeDraakske Member Posts: 11

Hey guyz ,

I have been watching these boards for a long time and i've been playing mmo's for over 5 years .. but i looking for something new .. i have played ALLOT of mmo's and so far only stuck with eve-online ( 5years already) and WoW just a weebit :p ..

I have been watching EQ2 for a while now but haven't done the trial yet .. The thing i look for most is charachter diversity with item diversity .. My question to you people is the following --> Are there allot of diferent looking armors and weapons ? so you don't have the exact visual looking piece of armor  but with different stats and names according but really looks different ?

friendly greetings from all the way from Belgium

Comments

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

After level 20 you get an "appearence" tab.  you can put any gear in here you want to make your character look as you want.  There are even some quests to get unique looking stuff, like the spire quests.  You do their quests, to get tokens, then use the tokens to get some of there appearence items.  Even if you have 2 equally equipped cahracters, their appearence tabs can be set up completely different and they will not look the same. 

But for the most part plate is plate is plate, different shades and colors.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

It has been a while since I've played EQ2, but if I remember correctly, everyone at the end-game is trying to basically get the same armors, like in WOW.  The costume slots are just a workaround so people can look different even though they have the same things on.  I think it is a cheap gimmick to make up for a lack of quality content, but if it works for some people, good for them.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

pretty versatile since the look is an intercahngable skin

basicly you see a skin you like get those armor but you love your max stat no problem the look you like can be skinned on your actual armor

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

With the appearance slots you can choose a multitude of looks my wife has worked a lot on her black and red plate and it looks great. Now if you like EQ2s realistic armor looks or not is up to you but you can look truly unique. You will have to continually look for items and plan your outfit though as some items are quested or rare and so on.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• wertaxwertax Member UncommonPosts: 68

What also helps is when you are with a 'Broker' npc,

you can look for a armor piece, hold ctrl down (your mouse cursor will change when you hover it over the item you want to see) and click on it.

a dressing room will pop up, showing what the armor will look like when your toon is wearing it,

extremely handy when looking to outfit your toon for looks ;-)

Ortahr.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

I play a defiler.  Here is a good thread with different defilers posting pictures of what they look like: 

http://www.eq2flames.com/defilers/22314-do-you-look-cool-me.html

Should give you an idea of diversity in terms of appearance.

In terms of usability, it's progression-based... once you have EVERYTHING you want, you're probably wearing similar stuff to all other people of your class.  However, almost no one ever has EVERYTHING they want, so at any given time there are quite a few differences in what different defilers are using based on what they've been able to kill to get it, how lucky they've been with drops for rarer items, what they choose to focus on stat-wise... etc.

I wear certain stuff to heal on raids, other stuff to dps on raids, other stuff to group and other stuff to solo.  It's 1-3 items for each slot that i mix and match based on situation.  But many people don't bother doing that.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO