Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Showing my support of Allods

neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276

I showed my support of Allods by taking the $50 I was going to spend in the cash shop and spending $40 of it in Runes of Magic and $15 to resub to AoC.    For a minute there I had you thinking I actually was going to support Allods after seeing the $20 fee for an extra 6 bag slots.  

Allods is a beautiful game, too bad greed has ruined it before it even got started.

--------------------------------
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
www.michaelwhitt.com

Comments

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175

The post above this one disagreeing with OP was removed so I'm adding this just to make sure it's clear I'm agreeing with OP.

You have to understand, an amount of money doesn't have to be "a lot" to someone for them to think that the price is too high.  A homeless person and a millionaire will both still agree that $50 is too much for a Big Mac.  I think if you had asked anyone before the cash shop opened what the prices of some of these items were going to be, most would have guessed much less than what the current price is.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mm!interesting!

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by neuronomad

I showed my support of Allods by taking the $50 I was going to spend in the cash shop and spending $40 of it in Runes of Magic and $15 to resub to AoC.    For a minute there I had you thinking I actually was going to support Allods after seeing the $20 fee for an extra 6 bag slots.  

Allods is a beautiful game, too bad greed has ruined it before it even got started.

Not the best choice of games, but a lot better than Allods.

Have to agree with you that a good game like this is ruined by an extremely greedy cash shop :(

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

That is why your company will fail.

Damn that was a fast BAN Swing hehe

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276

I just really think it is a shame.  Was the game great before the cash shop prices came known?  Nope.  Slow combat, lack of guild tools.   But still it was a nice distraction, one that I would have been happy to put some money into.    It was close enough to my old addiction (WoW) that I could play it and recall the old times without getting drawn back into Blizzard's drug.

I don't understand the mindset they are going for.   The whole point of microtransactions is to make things cheap enough that people will spend far more than they think they would  buy quantity of purchases.      You put the bag up for $2 for the extra six slots people will buy it, and will spend a ton more most likely.   You put up a bag for $20 for six extra slots and other than a few people that have way more money than they know what to do with, the majority will laugh at you.

It still amazes me in this economy that a company would really expect to sell a virtual item for more than a real item would go for.

Now the big kicker.  While I wouldn't spend $20 for a six slot bag,   I might would have bought 10 of them for $2 a piece for multiple characters.    In the long run they stood to make a lot of money.  The game had a large following, and was getting good press.   Then to take a zero to the end of everything and stick by that choice was so insane that it actually makes Cryptic's questionable practices seem very fair.

As far as RoM, yeah it is not a great game but it is enough of a wow clone that it keeps me from playing that old addiction.   ;)   

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com