Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of this game...

I have been an early beta player, but never played the game after release as there was not enough contant..... (Tough the combat system was the BEST of any MMO till date).... So how is this game doing now?

I hear in the US that Acclaim is setting up the game for F2p with item shop, i hope they add some content too... but then it is Acclaim..

But what happened with the game over in europe?  It was not hosted by Acclaim in europe.  Are there still playing people in europe?

<Smiles> Sad thing is that the development overhere in Holland didn't listen much to the playerbase. They had whole different ideas about Itemisation, PvE content, PvP system then the majorrity of the fanbase...

Simply put... if they had added good rewards for quests... a finished crafting systems to take care itemisation....  and a PvP system that was based on a war between the 5 houses with intrigues and a real political system then the game would have been a great sandbox...........  I hope things have changed in this direction...

And in my personall opinion the 4th base class is missing... add healer and you have 16 finall classes... but this is a personal preference.

And if not...... i can advise any current MMO developer to have a look at the rolling combat bar, combined with the FPS targetting system. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• CzelsiorCzelsior Member Posts: 41

the european players play at the acclaim us servers now because the eu servers are down.

the game is in redevelopment and all players are waiting for the new version

the new tcos was released in asia some weeks ago and there will be a release in the usa and in europe soon.

we all hope for new content and a success of this game....the battlesystem and atmosphere is the best.

-The Chronicles of Spellborn-
    Czelsior - Wrathguard LvL 50 -Dorzhan
    Kaiyn - Trickster LvL 50 - Deiquonril

TCoS Gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Czelsior

the game is in redevelopment and all players are waiting for the new version

the new tcos was released in asia some weeks ago and there will be a release in the usa and in europe soon.
    we all hope for new content and a success of this game....the battlesystem and atmosphere is the best.

Any word on the changes to the new version (Asia)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Can't deny this game has one of the best battle mechanics out there, comparable even with Guild Wars which is my favorite one.

It's going under redevelopment by some Korean company to be F2P, so I'm afraid I know what to expect from it *cough* so many examples *cough*, doesn't mean I won't check it out though.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

last i heard this game was up and ruining(or betaed in asia)with the f2p cs in place

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

DAOC had FAR superior combat "mechanics" than this WoW clone. Sorry, but you can't go tossing around "best mechanics TO DATE" when it clearly never was.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• CzelsiorCzelsior Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

DAOC had FAR superior combat "mechanics" than this WoW clone. Sorry, but you can't go tossing around "best mechanics TO DATE" when it clearly never was.

WoW Clone?

Sorry but i have to laugh now...this game is everything but not WoW!

i think you didn't play TCoS very long...

-The Chronicles of Spellborn-
    Czelsior - Wrathguard LvL 50 -Dorzhan
    Kaiyn - Trickster LvL 50 - Deiquonril

TCoS Gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

• BiohunterBiohunter Member UncommonPosts: 97

WoW Clone?

Not even close to a WOW clone.  I think he saw a screen shot and made up his mind.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Seriously, I think you have seen the game on a few screenshots only.

TCOS has the best combat system I have ever seen and I dare to say the best any MMO got so far.

Rotating skill deck simply rocks.

I only wish the game did not have the cartoon look art. It is really well made with marvelous atmosphere but not my cup of tea :(

EDIT: Fixed the quote.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Gdemami

[quote]Originally posted by Czelsior

[b]DAOC had FAR superior combat "mechanics" than this WoW clone. Sorry, but you can't go tossing around "best mechanics TO DATE" when it clearly never was.

[/quote]

Seriously, I think you have seen the game on a few screenshots only.
    TCOS has the best combat system I have ever seen and I dare to say the best any MMO got so far.
    Rotating skill deck simply rocks.

I only wish the game did not have the cartoon look art. It is really well made with marvelous atmosphere but not my cup of tea :(

The rotating skill deck COULD have rocked. But the way it was implimented, and the various "issues" with attacks(server/client synch distance issues being just one) made it a serious PITA. Not to mention I was well on the way to carpal tunnel syndrome from all of the fine scale movements required ^^  TCOS could have been a great game, But the Dev's made way too many mistakes(IP bans fragmenting the player base) limited marketing, picking Acclaim in the US(MAJOR mistake) and not having sufficient capital to keep the wolf from the door, long enough to get an established player base.

Now that its all being done by Acclaim, I SERIOUSLY doubt its going to recover. Look at how badly they messed up 2 Moons(GameHi took it back) as just one example of many of their sloppy, irresponsible approach to these things.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Wraithone

The rotating skill deck COULD have rocked. But the way it was implimented, and the various "issues" with attacks(server/client synch distance issues being just one) made it a serious PITA.

I never had a slightest issue with deck, desync or w/e.

/shrugs

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

I haven't played the game much, but I have enough to know that it is NOT a WoW Clone. In the other hand it not 1/4th as good as others claim.

It's an OK game from what I have played. the combat I find Anoying, graphis are Cartoony. then again, What do you want for nothing? It's F2P. Like it or leave it.

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

So...is this game deader than a doornail or I am just looking around in off-times?

I figured the community would be pretty small by now but after roaming about a bit in my old haunts on an ancient character of mine there was nobody to be found but NPCs......

:( so sad...

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

If you were any more wrong it would be criminal.

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by GamerAeon

So...is this game deader than a doornail or I am just looking around in off-times?
    I figured the community would be pretty small by now but after roaming about a bit in my old haunts on an ancient character of mine there was nobody to be found but NPCs......
    :( so sad...

Till relaunch this game can best be considered to be a playable demo in which you can look around and see whether you like it. Whether people will flock to this game lateron is dependent on many uncertain factors, but at the moment the lack of players (and the fact that the game in this state is lacking in many aspects that needs further attention from developers) is causing people to not stick around. Some have indicated that they will check this game out when it relaunches. I will.

--
    Delanor

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Makes me wonder if anyone else is going to implement the rotating skill deck idea intoo their future MMO. (combined with the targetting mechanisme of TCoS. )

Just add a good IP, and decent Quest system, and a superb skill system.... And you have a winner for sure.

Tough this was not the only great part of TCoS for me, i like the graphical cartoony setting too, And their ideas about the world where great and above all the MOB AI...

• TheAestheteTheAesthete Member Posts: 264
    Originally posted by Wraithone 

The rotating skill deck COULD have rocked. But the way it was implimented, and the various "issues" with attacks(server/client synch distance issues being just one) made it a serious PITA. Not to mention I was well on the way to carpal tunnel syndrome from all of the fine scale movements required ^^  TCOS could have been a great game, But the Dev's made way too many mistakes(IP bans fragmenting the player base) limited marketing, picking Acclaim in the US(MAJOR mistake) and not having sufficient capital to keep the wolf from the door, long enough to get an established player base.
     Now that its all being done by Acclaim, I SERIOUSLY doubt its going to recover. Look at how badly they messed up 2 Moons(GameHi took it back) as just one example of many of their sloppy, irresponsible approach to these things.

I had the same issues with the skill deck. I liked it in concept, and usually liked it in execution, but sometimes it drove me up the wall. But as for the IP ban and Acclaim -- I don't blame the developers. I don't think they "chose" Acclaim so much as Acclaim the only option they had.

• japojapo Member Posts: 306

I've read some pretty silly posts before, but this is the most ill informed and clueless post ever written.

Nothing you say or write can ever be taken seriously again.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

What rubbish.

I fail to see how even a deaf, dumb and blind person could call it a WoW clone. You've clearly never played the game. I suggest next time before hopping on the hate bandwagon you actually try the game first, then comment.

A strange and unusual process, I know, but believe it or not that's the way things are supposed to work *shock*, *horror*.

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

WoW Clone?

He must have stopped at character creation.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

Originally posted by Astralglide

WoW Clone?

He must have stopped at character creation.

Must have.  Claiming it was a WoW clone demonstrates to anyone who has played, that they are clueless.

• MrSebMrSeb Member Posts: 71

Does anyone know when the relaunch will happend?.. Looking forward to it

Originally posted by MrSeb

Does anyone know when the relaunch will happend?.. Looking forward to it

Sorry, I doubt anyone really knows. With Acclaim in charge its not even certain that it will re launch.  Of all the groups in the NA market to pick, Acclaim has to be one of the worst.

• lovechiefslovechiefs Member UncommonPosts: 157

As a former moderator and volunteer game master for 2Moons, in my opinion, Acclaim didnt really destroy 2Moons. What did destroy it was GameGuard.
    Acclaim error was they didnt listen to the community screaming against GG.

As far as spellborn, I may try it once it is re-released. I heard good things about the combat, but if they still use GG, that is already a point against the game.

Originally posted by lovechiefs

As a former moderator and volunteer game master for 2Moons, in my opinion, Acclaim didnt really destroy 2Moons. What did destroy it was GameGuard.

Acclaim error was they didnt listen to the community screaming against GG.

As far as spellborn, I may try it once it is re-released. I heard good things about the combat, but if they still use GG, that is already a point against the game.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least. Gameguard has to be one of the most ineffective methods of client side protection I've seen in quite some time.  In point of fact, just about anything client side is vulnerable.  The most effective security is server side. But that has to be built in from the very start.  Way too many Asian games are re skinned, re ruled mods of a limited number of engines(none of which seem to have taken game security seriously).

Thats not even counting the fact that many anti malware/trojan software suites regard code that acts like Gameguard to be threats(as well they should). Thus leading to internal conflicts. Any company using it either doesn't understand the implications for its players(customers) in terms of technical issues, or doesn't care.