Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan still coming to Xbox 360

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Comments

• Esther-ChanEsther-Chan Member Posts: 288
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

I'll be getting my copy thankyousomuch!
    www.destructoid.com/age-of-conan-still-coming-to-xbox-360-164508.phtml

I had all but forgotten this "Xbox" release. I had assumed it was something that was never going to come into being. I don't know whether to laugh, cry or both at this point..

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

If I remember correctl its out of the financial reports. And that prob means that they are altering the DreamWorldEngine to fit consoles and not the game itself.

• ultimatum1ultimatum1 Member Posts: 36

Wow! I must admit i'm excited. I've not played a MMO on a console since EQOA...

A picture is worth 1000 words so....

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

if funcom was 6 feet under quicksand they would quickly assemble a ladder of the dead carcasses that surround them, climb out and scream fuck you i'm alive.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Hm, I have been wanting to try this game, now I might just wait and play it on my 360 :D~ Just depends which is cheaper.

PC= $9.99/19.99 + $14.99/mo or $155.88/yr = roughly $175 for 1 year (assuming you paid full price.)

360= $59.99/69.99 + $7.99/mo or $49.99/yr = roughly $118 for 1 year (assuming you paid full price.)

I'm not sure what the actual sub fees are for pc/360 right now, so google provided my answers. But it would seem the 360 version would be cheapest.

• Darkness690Darkness690 Member Posts: 174

I can guarantee you that you won't have to pay for xbox live gold to play AoC. Yes, you'll need to create a free xbox live silver account like you had to for FFXI. You'll still have to pay the $15/mo sub unless they change it which I doubt they will. So assuming the game is $60, the 360 version will be more overall.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Hope so, it would mean among others:

• A better and more efficient UI, especially trading and key bindings
    • "Mouse" look toggle
    • 1st/3rd person view toggle
    • Hot bars switching with weapons
    • A real combo system?

All in all all most of the fun we can have with a 360 XboX controller hooked on a PC and client side macros == FUN!

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843

Well two years out and there is no concrete information.  It shouldn't be improper to remind the AoC players that the developers exaggerate claims often.....half of what was promised prior to release still is not in game or is but isn't working properly so yeah I am taking the stance of I will believe it when I see a working demo. It has been two years since release, plenty of time for a small team to port it if they had resources. Disclaimer though, I am not sure what they are working on most the team seems to be working on X pac so maybe a few are doing the port and they seemed to have quit working on DX 10...they only had a sceliton crew working on the original game is seems but have over 100 in staff after two staff reductions.

I found it almost comical when Funcom reported that TSW would have a console version but it would be in two years when there is no AoC on Xbox and the developers continue to claim they are working on it it will be hard for anyone to be surprised.  It is a dilemma AoC's population is to low to secure much more development that is just a fact BUT X box sales could increase the population but development and advertising cost would increase expenses.  After AoC lost 40 million on PC only it is hard to see them doubling down but most of the development has been done so it would be cheaper.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388
    Originally posted by just2duh

Hm, I have been wanting to try this game, now I might just wait and play it on my 360 :D~ Just depends which is cheaper.

PC= $9.99/19.99 + $14.99/mo or $155.88/yr = roughly $175 for 1 year (assuming you paid full price.)
    360= $59.99/69.99 + $7.99/mo or $49.99/yr = roughly $118 for 1 year (assuming you paid full price.)
    I'm not sure what the actual sub fees are for pc/360 right now, so google provided my answers. But it would seem the 360 version would be cheapest.

I saw a copy at J&R Music World 5 bucks and change.