Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whaaaatt??

XiagoXiago Member Posts: 4

I uninstalled Allods because of patching issues (got tired of trying and the "repair" did not work) and it comes up with a message stating that I do not have permission to unistall "SyncVersion.exe" in the Allods folder.

WHAT? Just what is "SyncVersion.exe" and how can it not allow me to unistall it (or delete it for that matter)

I am the administrator of my computer, and if i can not get rid of this file it must be a virus, yes???

Any help would be appreciated.

Xi

Comments

• DaggerjaydoDaggerjaydo Member UncommonPosts: 121

Your logic on it being a virus or not is pretty flawed. 

Also, the having to repair problem had a fix posted loooooooong ago in the allods official forums.

I would recommend going there for help with this problem as well, if you haven't.

• XiagoXiago Member Posts: 4

Went there - did that - it always got hung up on SyncVersion.exe not being allowed to be read or changed and when i did the patch it would download but never install - ie I could not play the game, so I unistalled the game to try and re-install it and could not get rid of SyncVersion.exe - it is still on my computer and i can not get rid of it .

So what would You call it then?

Actually its not that important to me what its called - I just want it off my comp.

• darkpath19darkpath19 Member Posts: 51

It's unlikely that the file is a virus, more likely that it's still in memory for some reason. Sometimes even if a file is not in your task manager, it can be in memory and therefore can't be deleted. These steps will solve that if that's the case.

Forgive me if I cover anything you've already done.

1, find the file in windows explorer, right click it, click properties. Make sure "read only" is unchecked.

2, press CTRL ALT DELETE, check processess to see if the file is in memory. if it is, rightclick, select end process and try to delete the file.

3, reboot and try to delete.

4, reboot to safe mode and try to delete.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Deleting unmovable files.

* Open a command prompt window

* CD (change directory) to the folder that contains <unmovable file> e.g. d:windowsmacromediaflash

* Execute cacls <unmovable file name> /G username:F ( giving full access to the file)

* Execute del <unmovable file name> (this may not work)

* Close the command prompt and open the folder using windows explorer, hold the SHIFT key and the DEL key together and now it will delete.

If you don't know what that means, don't do it.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • XiagoXiago Member Posts: 4

That did it - thanks DP19

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

As for Allods online you'd do yourself a favor just forgetting it was ever there in the first place...trust me.